Hyundai Forums banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
NICE! My 2021 Palisade Calligraphy doesn't even have the LEDs when you press them, and no backlit either, so a PITA to locate them at night. Ha ha. My SF Calligraphy arrives next week, and the one that just got here last Wednesday (refused it, since there's a silver/black coming in a week), had the roof console like the one pictured, so mine should have it as well. We'll see. A bit bummed to read there had been several 2.5T engine failures, and a class-action lawsuit, but couldn't find crap. Even if true, hope it's a thing of the past. Had to deal with that on the '16 Optima SX-L 2.0T, a BMW M3 V8, and an Audi S6 V8TT, and don't want any more engine troubles. Ha ha.

·
Registered
2021 Stormy Sea Santa Fe Calligraphy 2.5L Turbo 8DCT HTRAC 20" wheels
1,816 Posts
A bit bummed to read there had been several 2.5T engine failures, and a class-action lawsuit, but couldn't find crap. Even if true, hope it's a thing of the past. Had to deal with that on the '16 Optima SX-L 2.0T, a BMW M3 V8, and an Audi S6 V8TT, and don't want any more engine troubles. Ha ha.
Can you post some references to the new 2.5T engine failures and lawsuit you referred to. If there is a class action lawsuit then it should be easy to find. To my knowledge, outside of normal percentile issues there have been no significant failures of the new 2.5T engine.

·
Registered
'22 Sonata SEL Plus
24 Posts
NICE! My 2021 Palisade Calligraphy doesn't even have the LEDs when you press them, and no backlit either, so a PITA to locate them at night. Ha ha. My SF Calligraphy arrives next week, and the one that just got here last Wednesday (refused it, since there's a silver/black coming in a week), had the roof console like the one pictured, so mine should have it as well. We'll see. A bit bummed to read there had been several 2.5T engine failures, and a class-action lawsuit, but couldn't find crap. Even if true, hope it's a thing of the past. Had to deal with that on the '16 Optima SX-L 2.0T, a BMW M3 V8, and an Audi S6 V8TT, and don't want any more engine troubles. Ha ha.
Are you thinking about the NA 4 cylinder issues from previous years?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Can you post some references to the new 2.5T engine failures and lawsuit you referred to. If there is a class action lawsuit then it should be easy to find. To my knowledge, outside of normal percentile issues there have been no significant failures of the new 2.5T engine.
The original Carcomplaints.com article about the excess oil consumption class action does list the primary plaintiff as having a 2022 Santa Fe (towards the bottom.)

Obviously doesn't mean it's the 2.5T, or that it's even the vehicle that started the suit (though the article does state "2010-2012 and 2015-2021 Hyundai Santa Fe" too.)

I haven't seen the actual filings to know what's being claimed, obviously haven't seen Hyundai's response, but I think that article is what lead to confusion on other forums about the Smartstream engines having an issue too.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
More misinformation on the internet?
I think I read that if you put honey in the gas tank your mileage will improve :=)
Naa, old wives tale. You want to put real sugar in your tank! :LOL: :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :LOL:
Oh my, the follies of being young! :eek::eek:

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I am starting to forget about the real topic of this thread. Oh, thats right, its about upper console backlit buttons.
I'm waiting to see if the new console can be ordered and retrofitted to older '21 and the early '22's.

Reactions: J-RO

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Yeah, somebody posted about engine failures on the 2.5T, but that's a lie. It must have been the 2.0T engine, which I was a victim of. So yes, you cannot believe everything you read on the internet. The guy never posted where he got the info when I asked. So forget about that. All I found was an upcoming recall for a leaky turbo connection issued on March 27, 2022 (on the NHTSA website), and will be mailed next week. I checked a Calligraphy that arrived last week, and it was built on March 31, so it should be (barely) clear of that recall. Mine is some 5K VIN #s higher, so it should be safe of that recall too. Don't want to start ownership with a freaking recall. Ha ha. I also hope it has the backlit roof console :).

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited
313 Posts
I'm waiting to see if the new console can be ordered and retrofitted to older '21 and the early '22's.
I believe that it looks different then what I have in my 2020 compared to the pic in post 4, I continue to fumble for the right button in the dark after 2+ years

Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle Personal luxury car Gas

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Oh yeah, that's a completely different top console than what the '21's and '22's come with.

·
Registered
'22 Santa Fe Calligraphy, 2.5T HTRAC • Hampton Gray / Black
44 Posts
Picked mine up from the dealer last night. 03/29/22 build date and I have the lights on the upper console.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Anyone know what part number this may be?
Been waiting for someone to research it, see if it's backwards compatible or can be modified, to work on the '21s and half of the '22's. I hope it's just a swap out. But yes, a part number and price would be great.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Been waiting for someone to research it, see if it's backwards compatible or can be modified, to work on the '21s and half of the '22's. I hope it's just a swap out. But yes, a part number and price would be great.
If it could be replaced knowing Hyundai they would charge an arm and a leg for it.

·
Registered
2021 Sonata Limited
5,491 Posts
Don't know what the big deal is!!! I still carry a trusted penlike flashlight that I used during my flying days! (Just kidding, of course)!

21 - 38 of 38 Posts