Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Stormy Sea Santa Fe Calligraphy 2.5L Turbo 8DCT HTRAC 20" wheels
1,744 Posts
Is Hyundai the only manufacturer that changes things like this in the middle of a model year? Bought my 22 Calig off the truck on Feb 22 and that is not the console that mine has. Only bluelink buttons are backlit and both bluelink and SOS buttons are on the left side.
Just curious if the buttons themselves have the transparent writing. One could easily wire an LED or two behind them connected to the reverse mirror power???? Hummm

Reactions: Jamie Vail

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Ditto here, if the part can be swapped and the wiring is even close, I think a lot of us would be very interested!

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
A bit bummed to read there had been several 2.5T engine failures, and a class-action lawsuit, but couldn't find crap. Even if true, hope it's a thing of the past. Had to deal with that on the '16 Optima SX-L 2.0T, a BMW M3 V8, and an Audi S6 V8TT, and don't want any more engine troubles. Ha ha.
Can you post some references to the new 2.5T engine failures and lawsuit you referred to. If there is a class action lawsuit then it should be easy to find. To my knowledge, outside of normal percentile issues there have been no significant failures of the new 2.5T engine.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
More misinformation on the internet?
I think I read that if you put honey in the gas tank your mileage will improve :=)
Naa, old wives tale. You want to put real sugar in your tank! :LOL: :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :LOL:
Oh my, the follies of being young! :eek::eek:

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I am starting to forget about the real topic of this thread. Oh, thats right, its about upper console backlit buttons.
I'm waiting to see if the new console can be ordered and retrofitted to older '21 and the early '22's.

Reactions: J-RO

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Oh yeah, that's a completely different top console than what the '21's and '22's come with.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Anyone know what part number this may be?
Been waiting for someone to research it, see if it's backwards compatible or can be modified, to work on the '21s and half of the '22's. I hope it's just a swap out. But yes, a part number and price would be great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts