Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Stormy Sea Blue/Beige Calligraphy AWD
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my 2022 Santa Fe Calligraphy yesterday and I noticed the upper console buttons (sunroof, door and map lights, SOS and Blue Link buttons are backlit. Very happy because I was under the impression that they were not.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Fe Calligraphy - Stormy Sea w/Beige Interior
19 Posts
Is Hyundai the only manufacturer that changes things like this in the middle of a model year? Bought my 22 Calig off the truck on Feb 22 and that is not the console that mine has. Only bluelink buttons are backlit and both bluelink and SOS buttons are on the left side.

·
Registered
2021 Stormy Sea Santa Fe Calligraphy 2.5L Turbo 8DCT HTRAC 20" wheels
1,817 Posts
Is Hyundai the only manufacturer that changes things like this in the middle of a model year? Bought my 22 Calig off the truck on Feb 22 and that is not the console that mine has. Only bluelink buttons are backlit and both bluelink and SOS buttons are on the left side.
Just curious if the buttons themselves have the transparent writing. One could easily wire an LED or two behind them connected to the reverse mirror power???? Hummm

·
Registered
2022 Stormy Sea Blue/Beige Calligraphy AWD
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Knowing how much I hated that my 2019 wasn't lit. I'm glad it took four months to get the car. I did a happy dance when I saw they were lighted. Now hopefully a software upgrade gives us Wireless Android Auto/Carplay

·
Registered
2021 Santa Fe Limited AWD, Stormy Sea
242 Posts
I wonder if this is just for the Calligraphy or if it is a model-wide change? Also, I wonder if the wiring is the same and the panels can just be swapped out, should anyone want to do that. The only button up there that I ever use is the sunroof, and I can find that without light, but I still think this is a good change.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Might be - I have a 22' Caligraphy, Jan 22 Build, and mine does not look like this either.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Fe Calligraphy
7 Posts
Thanks to Bookworm, I was able to ascertain that my vehicle was built on January 20, 2022. It was delivered to the dealer on April, 19, 2022. Is that usual, three months? My vehicle does NOT have the backlit display unfortunately.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson
449 Posts
Many vehicles have an actual official designation of 1/2. My MX5 is from early in that year, and when you look up parts there is a 1/2 model. My 2022 Tucson built on 2/22/22 and I got literally off the truck 3/11/22 is considered a 2022 1/2 by the dealer though the window sticker does not say that.

·
Registered
'22 Sonata SEL Plus
24 Posts
I'm going to have to check my wife's '22 Limited and see what that panel is like. I work for a dealership that has a Hyundai sister store, if this is a mid-year change I'm half tempted to try to get the backlit version and swap it. I don't recall those being illuminated before.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Fe Ultimate
12 Posts
I'm going to have to check my wife's '22 Limited and see what that panel is like. I work for a dealership that has a Hyundai sister store, if this is a mid-year change I'm half tempted to try to get the backlit version and swap it. I don't recall those being illuminated before.
Please do.... Would like to know the part number and if it's just a plug and play part.

·
Registered
2021 Stormy Sea Santa Fe Calligraphy 2.5L Turbo 8DCT HTRAC 20" wheels
1,817 Posts
Ditto here, if the part can be swapped and the wiring is even close, I think a lot of us would be very interested!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts