Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
AND people don't know how to use the blinkers! Another problem we have is when driving in a heavy downpour (rain) , idiots put their emergency blinkers on!

·
Registered
2012 Sonata 2.0t Ltd & 2020 Palisade Ltd
578 Posts
AND people don't know how to use the blinkers! Another problem we have is when driving in a heavy downpour (rain) , idiots put their emergency blinkers on!
I have had a couple of occurrences were visibility and traction were so bad during very very heavy rain that turning on the hazard lights was necessary. But that’s extremely rare. It’s also happened under heavy snowfall.

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
I have had a couple of occurrences were visibility and traction were so bad during very very heavy rain that turning on the hazard lights was necessary. But that’s extremely rare. It’s also happened under heavy snowfall.
In Florida, at least where I live, it’s illegal to turn on the hazard lights when raining. To be used only in case of emergency. DOT even have warning on expressways “if raining, lights on hazard lights off”!

·
Registered
578 Posts
In Florida, at least where I live, it’s illegal to turn on the hazard lights when raining. To be used only in case of emergency. DOT even have warning on expressways “if raining, lights on hazard lights off”!
That's a really dumb rule. Particularly in a state that sees hurricanes and where there is potential flooding. Of course, it's Florida. Of course...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Man, was at the dealer last week for the 189 recall fix and looked at a 2021 Sonata, it was $35k!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
I see where the 2021 Sonatas are a carry over model. Does anyone know when these will hit the lots? I see most people in these forums bought there 2020 in January.
I actually work for Hyundai just yesterday i got 2 21 sonatas in but theres zero change to the car that i saw.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
we have the pzeros on our car, but 18". the 19's would probably stop me from buying that car. a 6 way seat is stupid.

·
Registered
578 Posts
we have the pzeros on our car, but 18". the 19's would probably stop me from buying that car. a 6 way seat is stupid.
Just curious... why is a 6-way power seat on the passenger side stupid? I've seen multiple people complain on this forum that the 2020 was lacking the height adjustment on the passenger side. Seems like they're addressing it in the 2021.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Just curious... why is a 6-way power seat on the passenger side stupid? I've seen multiple people complain on this forum that the 2020 was lacking the height adjustment on the passenger side. Seems like they're addressing it in the 2021.
the front/rear of the seat should be able to go up/down independently. if it just goes up, then the lower cushion position cannot be adjusted. it is a small cost increase, way less than 19" wheels, and would greatly improve the status of the car as more luxury. leave the 18" wheels(or even better, have an option for smaller wheel/larger sidewall), and improve the interior. is the n line now gonna get 20" wheels?

·
Registered
578 Posts
the front/rear of the seat should be able to go up/down independently. if it just goes up, then the lower cushion position cannot be adjusted. it is a small cost increase, way less than 19" wheels, and would greatly improve the status of the car as more luxury. leave the 18" wheels(or even better, have an option for smaller wheel/larger sidewall), and improve the interior. is the n line now gonna get 20" wheels?
Oh you mean you want more than 6 ways. Got it. Well it's better than no adjustment at all, which is what people were complaining about if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Oh you mean you want more than 6 ways. Got it. Well it's better than no adjustment at all, which is what people were complaining about if I remember correctly.
i think more potential customers would want 8 way than would want 19" wheels. but then, i also think everyone on welfare should pass a drug test, too.

·
Registered
451 Posts
i would have liked it if my 2020 came with 19's! That would have been awesome as I would have sold them nearly instantly and bought my self some custom 17's or 18's and came out ahead! I actually sold my factory set of 18's from my 2017 sport when i bought it and got a great set of 17's with some super quiet tires and came out ahead on that too. Discount tire sales have sucked ever since 2017...but i digress..

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
i would have liked it if my 2020 came with 19's! That would have been awesome as I would have sold them nearly instantly and bought my self some custom 17's or 18's and came out ahead! I actually sold my factory set of 18's from my 2017 sport when i bought it and got a great set of 17's with some super quiet tires and came out ahead on that too. Discount tire sales have sucked ever since 2017...but i digress..
i hate selling stuff. i was a comission salesperson for years, and everyone nowdays think they can beat you up on price. i had shops that whined all the time, i would turn them over to another salesperson, and sometimes, they would go into a genera pool, and no one would want to talk to them. if i see something that i would like to have/buy, i never try to get a better price.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yup, come to an almost dead stop on I-75 here on the Gulf Coast of Florida.

·
Registered
129 Posts
What are the major differences between the 2020 and 2021 models? All I can tell is new wheel/tire, power adjustable seat, and a warning when getting out of your car.

The 2020 seemed to check all the boxes for me except I wish it was able to auto parallel park vs just pulling into a space. The main features I like are the smart cruise control and the lane keeping steering features (similar to tesla autopilot). I've driven many rentals from toyota, hyundai, kia, ford, etc and found that although these features exist, some work much better than others. So depending on how poor it is in the 2020 model vs how much of an improvement there is in the 2021 model, that may be another factor for me.

Otherwise, I may decide to save money and buy the 2020 model.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts