Hyundai Forums banner
141 - 149 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Stormy Sea Santa Fe Calligraphy 2.5L Turbo 8DCT HTRAC 20" wheels
1,856 Posts
I have a 2021 Sonata SEL Plus (wireless carplay only). I really, really, REALLY want to use a wired connection via USB. Has anyone figured out if this is possible via a software update or anything?
Nope, it's either/or. If you have Wireless you don't get wired. If you have wired, you can't do wireless without a special dongle that you can buy on Amazon.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Nope, it's either/or. If you have Wireless you don't get wired. If you have wired, you can't do wireless without a special dongle that you can buy on Amazon.
That is interesting. My Sonata is wire only but our VW Atlas with the latest MIB3 system can support wireless and wired at least for Android Auto, I don't have Apple products. So, it seems that Android/Apple can support it but that Hyundai doesn't have the hardware or interface figured out for that. As always, keep an eye out on the map updates since they typically include GUI changes and maybe we all get lucky and they address some of these shortcomings, assuming the hardware designed years ago is capable of supporting it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Recently got a 2021 Hyundai Sonata SE, just the base model. I’m having a lot of trouble/glitches with CarPlay. It’ll say phone is not responding and the screen will go black. Music/maps will stop and I have to reconnect. Also CarPlay only connects over Bluetooth and not the USB. I’ve tried the whole delete/reconnect etc.
Not sure if this is my car or Apple issue but I’ve been talking to Apple support trying to fix the problem on that end too, wanted to see if anybody else was having issues with CarPlay or potential solutions
Thanks!
Do not full yourself this is a know issue of the CarPlay devices, do have an Elantra 2021, thought was iPhone, troubleshoot with apple for months. Apple replaced my device 3 times, spend hours going around to send data to engineers, end of line, they said was the car, tested with 4 different types of iPhones. And just do not disconnects with iPhone 6s with iOS 13 that’s no supported for long time. Went 4 times on dealer and twice they said that was my phone, now I discovered that almost all models 2021, Elantra, Tucson, sonata, palisade with the same issue and they know but do not have resolutions. Lost lots off time… I’m on the point to call an lawyer, because they do not care, said that the not stop the car functionality but according with Canadá drive laws they could not sell a car with this feature if cause that, this is distract driving. Ps tested with Mazda, and Honda CR-V not the same issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This gives me hope that our 2020 Sonatas might have this feature (I'm hoping we can do a software update to enable this, I've already confirmed our 2020 Sonatas do support wifi connection). Can anybody confirm if the 2021 Sonata supports Wireless AA?
I have sonata hybrid blue 2021 and it does have wireless carplay and android auto wired and wireless the only thing i am missing is wired carplay i wanted wired carplay so i can use my Ai box but 2021 sonata doesnt have wired carplay anymore only wireless you need to activate wifi projection thing to see the carplay logo if you dont have it yet means you didnt update the software in april now wait till sept 26 2022 and the new software update will get you everything running i hope they bring back wired and wireless carplay i am pissed because of losing wired carplay and got only wired carplay.

·
Registered
2021 Stormy Sea Santa Fe Calligraphy 2.5L Turbo 8DCT HTRAC 20" wheels
1,856 Posts
i hope they bring back wired and wireless carplay i am pissed because of losing wired carplay and got only wired carplay.
I see that you are new, but if you bothered to just do a small search you'd find that you can NOT have both. Hardware is missing in each mode. If you have Wired CarPlay® It has to be that way because the slot for the Wireless CarPlay® is taken up by the internal GPS unit for your Nav. If you have Wireless CarPlay® then, by association, you have a car that does not have built in NAV.

So, would you rather not have any GPS or NAV in your car to get wireless back?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I see that you are new, but if you bothered to just do a small search you'd find that you can NOT have both. Hardware is missing in each mode. If you have Wired CarPlay® It has to be that way because the slot for the Wireless CarPlay® is taken up by the internal GPS unit for your Nav. If you have Wireless CarPlay® then, by association, you have a car that does not have built in NAV.

So, would you rather not have any GPS or NAV in your car to get wireless back?
If you please read my previous reply again you will found out that i m not talking about wireless carplay i do have wireless carplay but i dont have wired carplay in my sonata mode which is hybrid blue model 2021 which never came with nav or gps so i dont have it but initially this car had wired apple carplay but no wireless what happened after april 2022 update that this car lost wired carplay option and only got wireless carplay now which really sucks the first owner who bought this car he sold it to me because of that issue i bought it cause i m an android guy and this car does have android auto wired and wireless both options but i had an Ai box from previous car which only worked with wired apple carplay that gave me an access of doing anything on my oem car screen but now i lost it because i dont have wired apple carplay connection and wireless wont connect to that box so now i am waiting for sept 26 update and hoping to get wired apple carplay back in unit with wireless option and fyi if any hyundai 2020 and above have wifi in it then it could be updated with a wireless AA and Cplay it has nothing to do with gps and nav system. Gps is an actually extra antenna in system which separately installed in headset unit and nav is the software which runs via gps one usb slot is good enough to pick AA or ACP via usb cable i did a lot of research before i purchased this car i am a car person i am new here i know but i have vast experience in this field and i worked in a car manufacturing corporate for 10 years before i decided to quit forever in 2022 feb but i m not saying my info is perfect i m here to learn new things also but so far i couldnt find anything new anywhere waiting for sept update which is due in next 3 days or so.

141 - 149 of 149 Posts