Hyundai Forums banner
121 - 140 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Recently got a 2021 Hyundai Sonata SE, just the base model. I’m having a lot of trouble/glitches with CarPlay. It’ll say phone is not responding and the screen will go black. Music/maps will stop and I have to reconnect. Also CarPlay only connects over Bluetooth and not the USB. I’ve tried the whole delete/reconnect etc.
Not sure if this is my car or Apple issue but I’ve been talking to Apple support trying to fix the problem on that end too, wanted to see if anybody else was having issues with CarPlay or potential solutions
Thanks!
I am facing the exact same issue. 2021 Hyundai Sonata SE, I'm using Apple 11 pro. It works fine when my friend's Android Auto is connected. But with Carplay I'm having the same issue. Did anyone find any solution to this? Please let me know. Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am currently having this issue as well. I just got a call back from my dealership and they told me to try the following
- Restart device
-Try a different device.

I'm positive none of these will work. I am also having a few issues with my 2021 sonata, every so often when turning on the car ill hear a weird noise from the right driver side vent? They just told me it was normal and its the vacuum pump.
Restarting device works!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have this issue too. Just restarted my phone and was prompted on boot up to enable WiFi and Bluetooth to allow for wireless car play. First time I have seen this prompt. Since then I have not had issue ( five minutes) hopefully this lasts.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm having issues updating my software to the February 17, 2021 update (DN8.USA.D2V.098.200.201119). Will anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong or a reason why it's not updating?

• 2020 Sonata SEL Plus, non-navigation
  • Model: DN8N20S.DVAMC.US
  • Current SW Version: DN8.USA.D2V.001.003.191129
  • Current Firmware Version: DN8.USA.V106.190910

1. I am downloading the .zip file for SW version DN8.USA.DSV.002.101.201119, which is next to the "Sonata, 2020 Sonata" eligible vehicle listings.
2. After download is complete and I see the DN8.zip file, I open up the file, copy the enc_system_package_098.200.201119.zip file to my FAT32 formatted USB drive and safely remove the USB drive from the computer.
3. I take the USB drive to the car, start the car and wait for the start messages to disappear, plug in the drive. Right after plugging it in, it says "Reading USB", followed by "No compatible files," but I disregard.
4. I go to general settings for the software update, click "Update." The hyundai logo appears and a download bar begins. It quickly goes to steps 4/5 (I'm not seeing steps 1-3), goes quick through step 4, skips 5 and tells me the system will reboot. After reboot, nothing else happens. I check my SW and firmware versions but nothing changes.

Thank you.

Edit: I thought I was posting this to the "Software update for non-nav infotainment system - fixes wireless CarPlay/AA" thread, I apologize. Mods, please move if you feel it necessary.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm having issues updating my software to the February 17, 2021 update (DN8.USA.D2V.098.200.201119). Will anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong or a reason why it's not updating?

• 2020 Sonata SEL Plus, non-navigation
  • Model: DN8N20S.DVAMC.US
  • Current SW Version: DN8.USA.D2V.001.003.191129
  • Current Firmware Version: DN8.USA.V106.190910

1. I am downloading the .zip file for SW version DN8.USA.DSV.002.101.201119, which is next to the "Sonata, 2020 Sonata" eligible vehicle listings.
2. After download is complete, I copy the .zip file to my FAT32 formatted USB drive and safely remove the USB drive from the computer.
3. I take the USB drive to the car, start the car and wait for the start messages to disappear, plug in the drive. Right after plugging it in, it says "Reading USB", followed by "No compatible files," but I disregard.
4. I go to general settings for the software update, click "Update." The hyundai logo appears and a download bar begins. It quickly goes to steps 4/5 (I'm not seeing steps 1-3), goes quick through step 4, skips 5 and tells me the system will reboot. After reboot, nothing else happens. I check my SW and firmware versions but nothing changes.

Thank you.

Edit: I thought I was posting this to the "Software update for non-nav infotainment system - fixes wireless CarPlay/AA" thread, I apologize. Mods, please move if you feel it necessary.
I don't see that you extracted the files. You need to extract the files to the root of the USB. The car isn't able to read the Zip file, which is likely why it threw the error.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don't see that you extracted the files. You need to extract the files to the root of the USB. The car isn't able to read the Zip file, which is likely why it threw the error.
Thank you, Zeebone. I open up the DN8 file that I downloaded and then copy the enc_system_package_098.200.201119 file to the USB stick. Is this what you meant I should do (I end up with the enc_system_package_098.200.201119.zip file only on the USB drive)? I edited my post for clarification.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thank you, Zeebone. I open up the DN8 file that I downloaded and then copy the enc_system_package_098.200.201119 file to the USB stick. Is this what you meant I should do (I end up with the enc_system_package_098.200.201119.zip file only on the USB drive)? I edited my post for clarification.
It might be a little different on the Non-nav version. On my nav version, it produced a bunch of individual files that I dropped onto the root of the drive. The secondary zip might need to be extracted as well, but it is worth a try dropping the secondary zip you had onto the root of the drive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
From what I have learned so far, the 21MY Sonatas did not initially have wireless phone projection. However, I think that has changed recently and now they do.I am trying to verify that for my own information. So, let's put that discussion to bed and get bake to the OP's issue, because it is possible that there is wireless projection.

My suggestion would be to go to the dealer and have them look at it. I have heard of this issue before which, in some cases, required a head unit replacement. While at the dealer, you could try using phone projection on a different vehicle on the lot, just to verify it isn't your phone.
I can also verify…I just bought a 2021 Hyundai Sonata SEL and it does have wireless Apple CarPlay and I am having the same issues.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am also having this problem on my 2021 Sonata using wireless CarPlay. For me sometimes it will stay connected for a long time, the all of a sudden it constantly disconnects. It is real easy to press ok and click Apple car play again, but it is becoming annoying. I don’t have a solution, but hopefully we will get one soon.
I am having the same issues with my 2021 Sonata

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got my car in June and I thought I would absolutely love it. I will buy Honda if Hyundai doesnt figure out how to improve their bluetooth connection. It is so frustrating. If I had known how many times the info system would pop out due to glitches, I would have never bought this car!!! So annoying and dangerous when you are in navigation mode! Connecting and disconnecting your device does nothing. Sometimes it disconnects itself and you have to input it again. What a piece of crap, Hyundai! Figure it out!

QUOTE="aarontak, post: 6030223, member: 1215373"]
Recently got a 2021 Hyundai Sonata SE, just the base model. I’m having a lot of trouble/glitches with CarPlay. It’ll say phone is not responding and the screen will go black. Music/maps will stop and I have to reconnect. Also CarPlay only connects over Bluetooth and not the USB. I’ve tried the whole delete/reconnect etc.
Not sure if this is my car or Apple issue but I’ve been talking to Apple support trying to fix the problem on that end too, wanted to see if anybody else was having issues with CarPlay or potential solutions
Thanks!
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
Stormy Sea 2021 Sonata N-Line
255 Posts
I got my car in June and I thought I would absolutely love it. I will buy Honda if Hyundai doesnt figure out how to improve their bluetooth connection. It is so frustrating. If I had known how many times the info system would pop out due to glitches, I would have never bought this car!!! So annoying and dangerous when you are in navigation mode! Connecting and disconnecting your device does nothing. Sometimes it disconnects itself and you have to input it again. What a piece of crap, Hyundai! Figure it out!
If you are having bluetooth issues, try with a friends phone, and if the issue persists take it in for service. 3400 miles and not one disconnect for me. Though I am using an Android device. What model of phone are you using?

Unless you're talking wireless carplay which I am pretty sure goes over a local wifi network not bluetooth.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Try a different cable. CarPlay (and Android Auto) are very sensitive to the cable quality.

By the way, if you're only connecting over Bluetooth, then you're not getting CarPlay. You're only getting Bluetooth audio. CarPlay means phone projection, which requires the cable since the Sonata doesn't yet have wireless CarPlay/AA.
Hi
i have a 2021 sonata hybrid and have wireless carplay, but disconnect often and wish it worked by calbe.

·
Registered
434 Posts
The smaller stereo does have wireless CarPlay.
It does have wireless CarPlay! I am having the same problem where wireless works (Bluetooth and Wifi) but not USB! The salesman claims it only works with USB. I had to video the setup and it working and text him the video so he would believe me! I used 3 different Apple certified lightning cables including a brand new iPhone cable and it still doesn’t work!

·
Registered
3 Posts
It does have wireless CarPlay! I am having the same problem where wireless works (Bluetooth and Wifi) but not USB! The salesman claims it only works with USB. I had to video the setup and it working and text him the video so he would believe me! I used 3 different Apple certified lightning cables including a brand new iPhone cable and it still doesn’t work!
I was told that wired CarPlay is not supported on a system with wireless. If it was I would not consider my CarPlay as completely defective.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you are having bluetooth issues, try with a friends phone, and if the issue persists take it in for service. 3400 miles and not one disconnect for me. Though I am using an Android device. What model of phone are you using?

Unless you're talking wireless carplay which I am pretty sure goes over a local wifi network not bluetooth.
Android works fine AFAIK but wireless CarPlay has never worked right and constantly drops out around any antenna or power line or when it feels like it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
USB may work for Android but for Apple I believe USB was disabled by the downgrade to wireless which doesn’t work

121 - 140 of 149 Posts