Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, has anyone switched the taillight to the LED version that runs across the trunk?

Does anyone know if this is possible for the SEL? Is it as simple as just getting the part and installing? Does the SEL have the same wiring as the Limited models etc.

Registered
2021 Hyundai Elantra 2.0N/A IVT
From what i can tell,its the same trunk,but i worry on how the center strip is actually installed,next time i take a look in the trunk ill let you know

Registered
No I have the SEL Model. My guess is that the wiring may be the same*,But there could be an extra cable that would need to be spliced in.
If they took the economy route they MAY be using the same housing as the LED but just not adding in the lights themselves.
My primary worry is that the center strip is glued on (Or adhered in another way) instead of a simple pop-clip or screw approach.

Registered
Yes, please let me know. Yours does have the LED tail light?
Another worry is HOW the light is tied to the system, if its simply a tie-in to either the left or right unit,or if its tied to the Center light under the rear window

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Another worry is HOW the light is tied to the system, if its simply a tie-in to either the left or right unit,or if its tied to the Center light under the rear window
Only one way to find out! I called the dealership and they said it was possible

Registered
1 - 10 of 10 Posts