Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yep my previous Chrysler did the same - with the fob and uConnect app. I'm a little disappointed to hear that option for seats still isn't available with Bluelink. I'm not sure why Hyundai refuses to add that functionality. Auto on comfort is the option for the seats to come on automatically. It was on the 2109, but they removed it for 2020.
I wondered about that in my 2018 Sonata also.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Let me preface this by saying I have a lead foot.

I drove an SEL the other day annnnd it’s happy to plod along with it’s 8 speed auto. Manual mode... works but not very quickly. I mean it’s capable but it’s response is not immediate and it lacks power. It lumbers.

I have ordered the Calligraphy with the Turbo and 8 speed DCT.. but it’s also 600lbs heavier.. a testament to opulence I hope. The power to weight ratio on the Santa Fe Calligraphy is 0.114hp/kg the SEL is 0.0803hp/kg

I guess at the end of the day it depends on personal preference. I did go check out a Calligraphy tonight and got to take a look inside. I couldn’t sit in it and it was raining so I snapped some pictures and posted them.

At the end of the day the budget is 33K for you. Moving to the Limited is a $5,000 option but this includes a whole new drivetrain. Honestly I think smiles/gallon factor is going to be HUGE with that 8 speed DCT. Passing maneuvers, acceleration (merging, etc) . One downside to the Limited is you lose headroom. So if you are tall this could be a consideration.

·
Registered
47 Posts
To follow this up I would not be buying a non-turbo drivetrain based off some recent findings by the same mechanic that blew the whistle on the Theta engine. It’s sounding like Hyundai didn’t learn their lesson with the Theta engine fiasco.

Check out the thread I posted earlier today.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
To follow this up I would not be buying a non-turbo drivetrain based off some recent findings by the same mechanic that blew the whistle on the Theta engine. It’s sounding like Hyundai didn’t learn their lesson with the Theta engine fiasco.

Check out the thread I posted earlier today.
Man that's a real bummer. I was planning on the SEL as it looked like the most bang for the buck. This has got me going back to thinking about the CX-5 again lol

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
It's been a while since I posted this thread. Just wondering if there's any more thoughts from people who've got a 2021 SEL trim.

It was nice out and I had some errands and ended up stopping at the Hyundai dealership and drove the SEL with the convenience package again. Then I went to the Mazda/Nissan dealership down the street again. I took the 2021 CX5 Touring and the Rogue SV for a spin. They were both nice. Drove about the same maybe better than the Santa Fe I thought. I'm more confused than ever now what I want to do! The Rogue has that surround camera. The CX5 is rated really well.Driving the Santa Fe doesn't thrill me but I do like a lot of the little things it has. The wireless charging and car play. The xm radio. All the storage area. I'm just unsure about the engine and the transmission in these things. And the resale value! Why must life be so complicated? lol

·
Registered
333 Posts
All depreciating assets...that difference is small.

Buy the one that satisfies you as a driver or spouse as a passenger the most....but don't forget the warranty differences!!!!

I won't buy anything with a CVT tranny!!!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
All depreciating assets...that difference is small.

Buy the one that satisfies you as a driver or spouse as a passenger the most....but don't forget the warranty differences!!!!

I won't buy anything with a CVT tranny!!!!
That's true the warranty is a big deal. And the 3 years of maintenance might not seem like a big deal deal but the last time I took the Sonata in it was almost $40 for an oil change. Do that a few times a year and it adds up quickly. I suspect Hyundai has some kind of discount for current owners. (Although we can get that from Mazda also since we have one of those.)

The good thing is that even though the new car bug has bitten me and I want to get something mine is perfectly fine so it's not like I need to buy something right away. I've got my time to look and find just what I want when the price is right. For all I know I may end up waiting until the next model year comes out. Never know but what next years models will have better stuff at lower trim levels -- or when they come out the old ones will be on sale and I'll be able to pick up a higher end one than I'd planned.

These manufacturers all offer different stuff at the middle of the road - to slightly higher levels. It's really a matter of thinking seriously about what would be neat to have vs what I'd actually use regularly. I could totally get by without leather seats or a sunroof but to get better radios you usually end up getting one or both of those. I always think "Oh I'd love that kickin' stereo" but honestly apart from occasionally listening to the 80s channel on XM I've usually got a sports radio station out of Chicago or CNN on. That doesn't require 12 speakers and a subwoofer. What would make me happier is being able to put a mixture of am/fm/and xm stations in my presets list rather than having to look over to push buttons and change the band while driving.

I still think the Santa Fe is at the top of my list but we'll just see what happens. And I'm totally going to check out that new Tucson when it comes out. I might like the smaller size and better mileage better than its big brother.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Wow. I regret not buying the 2021 Santa Fe Limited with everything last December. My local dealer had them on Christmas sale for $29,990. $7K off MSRP. Now they are back up at $36,900. It was a beautiful two tone tan/coco leather interior (special to dealership).

Anyone have a time machine!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Wow. I regret not buying the 2021 Santa Fe Limited with everything last December. My local dealer had them on Christmas sale for $29,990. $7K off MSRP. Now they are back up at $36,900. It was a beautiful two tone tan/coco leather interior (special to dealership).

Wow!!!!

·
Registered
333 Posts

Sounds like you have the wrong year!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T AWD
672 Posts

Year-end sales deals are hard to beat.

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T HTRAC
1,051 Posts
2021 not rated by iihs, yet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I love my 21. Bought it in December. Only thing is I want digital key to actually work lol. But beyond that I'm extremely satisfied.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts