Hyundai Forums banner
141 - 160 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
What's happening is Hyundai lists the vehicle on their INVENTORY section of hyundaiusa.com as soon as it gets a VIN. If you see it listed all of a sudden, that means it's on the way (3 - 4 weeks).
This isn't totally true. I've been waiting for a Hampton Gray with 20" wheels. I'm on Long Island and I found one less than 100 miles away in Connecticut. Called dealership and said car was already delivered and sold. Another one in Rhode Island that's listed, dealer said it's due to be delivered in May. Next closest one I found is in Maryland. The dealer has the car with pictures on their website, but I don't feel like traveling 200 miles. There's no consistency at all with the inventory listings.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This isn't totally true. I've been waiting for a Hampton Grey with 20" wheels. I'm on Long Island and I found one less than 100 miles away in Connecticut. Called dealership and said car was already delivered and sold. Another one in Rhode Island that's listed, dealer said it's due to be delivered in May. Next closest one I found is in Maryland. The dealer has the car with pictures on their website, but I don't feel like traveling 200 miles and having to deal with registration issues buying in another state. There's no consistency at all with the inventory listings.
I too have contacted the dealer in MD. Also two in VA. One dealer had THREE people tell me it was on the lot until I picked up phone and offered credit# to hold it... then the story changed. Weird that they'd lie. The dealer who told you it was bought and sold... first time I'm hearing this. Everyone (and I've contacted around 10 dealers) ends up with the same story.

I'm nervous to buy a 19" model because I'm worried something else might have changed/improved. ****, they've had MONTHS to make changes since they're not shipping. But the 19" models are discounted $1250 right now. Almost perfect timing that dealers are saying "end of this month" and that's when the $1250 ends :-/

·
Registered
79 Posts
I too have contacted the dealer in MD. Also two in VA. One dealer had THREE people tell me it was on the lot until I picked up phone and offered credit# to hold it... then the story changed. Weird that they'd lie. The dealer who told you it was bought and sold... first time I'm hearing this. Everyone (and I've contacted around 10 dealers) ends up with the same story.

I'm nervous to buy a 19" model because I'm worried something else might have changed/improved. ****, they've had MONTHS to make changes since they're not shipping. But the 19" models are discounted $1250 right now. Almost perfect timing that dealers are saying "end of this month" and that's when the $1250 ends :-/
I refuse to buy one with the 19" wheels. They're ugly as ****, and if I really wanted them I could get them on the Limited. May be a bit softer ride and slightly better gas mileage, but I don't care. I'm impatiently waiting patiently.

·
Registered
2021 Santa Fe Calligraphy
130 Posts
I refuse to buy one with the 19" wheels. They're ugly as ****, and if I really wanted them I could get them on the Limited. May be a bit softer ride and slightly better gas mileage, but I don't care. I'm impatiently waiting patiently.
Yeah me too. Drove one with 19” in December so I could have had it then. Salesman was pushing hard. Even wife said dang those are ugly wheels. I figure by Memorial Day they will be much easier to find. And I can’t believe that Hyundai won’t extend or have new rebates, I don’t think these will be THAT much in demand.

·
Registered
130 Posts
This isn't totally true. I've been waiting for a Hampton Gray with 20" wheels. I'm on Long Island and I found one less than 100 miles away in Connecticut. Called dealership and said car was already delivered and sold. Another one in Rhode Island that's listed, dealer said it's due to be delivered in May. Next closest one I found is in Maryland. The dealer has the car with pictures on their website, but I don't feel like traveling 200 miles. There's no consistency at all with the inventory listings.
I’m in ATL and there’s probably 10 dealers in the metro at least. Only 2 with 20” are showing up. Interesting that one of them is Hampton Gray with the tan interior. I bet it would look good in that combo and I’m not a fan of gray or silver cars. You’d think that we in the south would see them first since the plant is down the road in Montgomery but seems theres no rhyme or reason as to where they’re showing up first.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I’m in ATL and there’s probably 10 dealers in the metro at least. Only 2 with 20” are showing up. Interesting that one of them is Hampton Gray with the tan interior. I bet it would look good in that combo and I’m not a fan of gray or silver cars. You’d think that we in the south would see them first since the plant is down the road in Montgomery but seems theres no rhyme or reason as to where they’re showing up first.
Two dealers in Colorado and Virginia have had 10 of them already. Makes no sense.

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited 2.0T Awd
1,101 Posts
Two dealers in Colorado and Virginia have had 10 of them already. Makes no sense.
Depends on the data. That dealer that got the 10 must generally sale lots of the higher end models. Hyundai and dealers wouldn't risk getting lots of models they know (based on sales data) they most likely won't be able to sell.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Depends on the data. That dealer that got the 10 must generally sale lots of the higher end models. Hyundai and dealers wouldn't risk getting lots of models they know (based on sales data) they most likely won't be able to sell.
That's true, but almost every dealer on Long Island is high volume (3 million people) and plenty of money to go around. They will sell no problem.

·
Registered
48 Posts
It anyone is interested pm me there's a Hampton Grey 20" located is Wisconsin I gave up because they thought it was White. Salesman will give same deal with no need to negotiate. Suppose to be delivered this Thursday.

$2242 off msrp but only $750 off HMF finance as they are including $500 in the $2242 off even if you don't use HMF.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am interested in the Santa Fe Calligraphy and the choice seems to be between 20" and 19".
The 19" have more rubber and offer smoother ride, I am told.
I could care less how the tires look but I do care a lot for a smooth ride. So is it possible to get tires with even more rubber - I don't know - 18"? I imagine there is no way to order that from Hyundai - it has to be after market. If I put my own wheels after market, am I in any way voiding the warranty?

The smoother ride benefit is easy to understand, but is there some practical tradeoff (not looks) that I should be aware of? Like, I've heard if you get a blowout on the highway (especially front wheel) it is a smaller drop with the bigger rims, so it is better for high speed stability.

·
Registered
'19 Santa Fe SE 2.4L
464 Posts
I am interested in the Santa Fe Calligraphy and the choice seems to be between 20" and 19".
The 19" have more rubber and offer smoother ride, I am told.
I could care less how the tires look but I do care a lot for a smooth ride. So is it possible to get tires with even more rubber - I don't know - 18"? I imagine there is no way to order that from Hyundai - it has to be after market. If I put my own wheels after market, am I in any way voiding the warranty?

The smoother ride benefit is easy to understand, but is there some practical tradeoff (not looks) that I should be aware of? Like, I've heard if you get a blowout on the highway (especially front wheel) it is a smaller drop with the bigger rims, so it is better for high speed stability.
Not sure if the Calligraphy is available with the 18's. Honestly going from 19" to 20" would barely be noticable, but going from 18's to 20's you would probably notice a small difference. I ride on 17's and have no complaints about the rides, smooth as can be. As far as the warranty goes, as long as the wheels dont cause damage to the bearings and/or the drivetrain, I dont see them being a problem. You want to check the offset of the factory rim and match that within 5mm+-, and keep the outside diameter of the rim AND tire as close to the diameter of the rim AND tire you are replacing. So if you have a 20" rim and a 3" side wall ( top & bottom) is 26". You would want to stay close to 26" outside diameter. i.e. 17" rim would need 4.5" of side wall ( top and bottom ) would give you 26".
Hope this helped better than a LOL.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not sure if the Calligraphy is available with the 18's. Honestly going from 19" to 20" would barely be noticable, but going from 18's to 20's you would probably notice a small difference. I ride on 17's and have no complaints about the rides, smooth as can be. As far as the warranty goes, as long as the wheels dont cause damage to the bearings and/or the drivetrain, I dont see them being a problem. You want to check the offset of the factory rim and match that within 5mm+-, and keep the outside diameter of the rim AND tire as close to the diameter of the rim AND tire you are replacing. So if you have a 20" rim and a 3" side wall ( top & bottom) is 26". You would want to stay close to 26" outside diameter. i.e. 17" rim would need 4.5" of side wall ( top and bottom ) would give you 26".
Hope this helped better than a LOL.
Thanks Jamie Vail.

I see that you say that a lot - I hope all in good humor. No pearl-clutching here, I just noticed it in the other threads too.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I’ve been watching the inventory and more with the 20’s are starting to show up. My sales guy left so I’m starting new with a different guy there. He’s telling me that they don’t really have control over the colors etc. of their allocation and can’t update or reserve a unit that will be built soon as they’re allocated into a pool and not specific dealers. Said it would take several months. Wants to look for what I want on a dealer trade instead. Sounds like BS but he says Hyundai handles allocation differently than others.
On a different note- all Calligraphy were AWD but the sales guy says you can get one now in FWD. I thought he was wrong but see there’s an option for either AWD or FWD on the Hyundai website when building a Calligraphy. That’s changed in just the past few days. Not sure when those may start appearing for those who want FWD.

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited 2.0T Awd
1,101 Posts
I’ve been watching the inventory and more with the 20’s are starting to show up. My sales guy left so I’m starting new with a different guy there. He’s telling me that they don’t really have control over the colors etc. of their allocation and can’t update or reserve a unit that will be built soon as they’re allocated into a pool and not specific dealers. Said it would take several months. Wants to look for what I want on a dealer trade instead. Sounds like BS but he says Hyundai handles allocation differently than others.
On a different note- all Calligraphy were AWD but the sales guy says you can get one now in FWD. I thought he was wrong but see there’s an option for either AWD or FWD on the Hyundai website when building a Calligraphy. That’s changed in just the past few days. Not sure when those may start appearing for those who want FWD.
Yes. I have also been told the same thing by the Hyundai dealers.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm not sure if you're in the market for a Stormy Sea/Black interior calligraphy, but I just gave up a hold on one in your area coming in on May 4th.

We bought a car in DC and then drove it home. The price was right, and I decided to put custom wheels on mine when we change the tires.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm not sure if you're in the market for a Stormy Sea/Black interior calligraphy, but I just gave up a hold on one in your area coming in on May 4th.

We bought a car in DC and then drove it home. The price was right, and I decided to put custom wheels on mine when we change the tires.
Thanks for letting me know. I’m actually looking for the blue but with the beige interior. There’s a blue and black one here locally. There was also a beige one but it sold the other day. I’m sure something will come along soon. My sales guy said they were receiving a white/beige one incoming on a dealer trade, and was going to try to trade that for a blue and beige for me. We’ll see.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for letting me know. I’m actually looking for the blue but with the beige interior. There’s a blue and black one here locally. There was also a beige one but it sold the other day. I’m sure something will come along soon. My sales guy said they were receiving a white/beige one incoming on a dealer trade, and was going to try to trade that for a blue and beige for me. We’ll see.
Not sure who your preferred dealer is, but I know there is a Blue/beige with 20" wheels coming in at the Jim Ellis/Peachtree Rd. dealership in Chamblee.

At any rate, good luck!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Not sure who your preferred dealer is, but I know there is a Blue/beige with 20" wheels coming in at the Jim Ellis/Peachtree Rd. dealership in Chamblee.

At any rate, good luck!
Thanks. Great info. Bought the last two SF’s there but it’s not convenient. I will let my sales guy know. I’m watching Hyundai inventory and Autotrader daily for new arrivals. How do you know about that car?

141 - 160 of 200 Posts