Hyundai Forums banner
181 - 200 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Santa Fe Calligraphy
130 Posts
I made a post about this a week or so ago. I just purchased a manual set from a 2015 Sonata and swapped in the manuals from the SF. There are other models that work, too, but the 2015 Sonata case was definitely just right, though you won't be able to slip much else into it.

Sonata Manual Case
Thanks. I got a case on EBay for $8 last night. Doesn’t include any manuals so I’m not sure what year it’s from. Looks big enough for everything. We will see.

·
Registered
2 Posts
By the way, if anybody in Austin Texas area wants - I am ready to exchange a set of my 20 inches wheels from my 2021 Santa Fe Caligraphy for 19 inches wheels from 2021 Caligraphy/Limited.

20 inches wheels are stylish and looks better, but as for me - they are slightly loud on the road pavement and makes ride slightly firmer than I have expected.

I don't have garage and don't want to pay extra money to buy a new wheels or to pay for wheels storage :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Bought a Calligraphy three weeks ago here in northern Virginia. It has the 20" wheels, and every Callig I saw at three dealerships also had the 20" wheels. Didn't see any with the 19"

I think it'd probably ride better with 18" or 19", but I have to admit the 20" wheels look fantastic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Blowout-prone tires and no spare is not exactly a winning combination.

Not feeling good about the Calligraphy trim unless it continues to be offered with the 19” wheels after 20” wheels are available. Even then, why not offer a donut spare option? Is there no room with AWD?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I just got a Calligraphy and told my dealer that I would not buy the car unless they put a spare in it, guess what? I have my spare tire and jack. I was forced to tailor the storage area in order to place the spare and jack. My point is, if you really want the spare you have to make the dealer come up with it.

·
Registered
746 Posts
You were forced??? Why not put it where it is supposed to go? Why didn't you have it installed correctly? Tough talk....

·
Registered
2021 Stormy Sea Santa Fe Calligraphy 2.5L Turbo HTRAC 20" wheels
571 Posts
Yes, they have the kit to place it back in the under carrage just like the original. If they put it in your storage space, that is a completely unsafe position to put the spare and can cause serious injury to your occupants during a crash. It's physics, the car will stop but the tire will not! This has been discussed at length, and ad-nausium, in a previous thread.

They can order the under car winch kit that replaces the winch. The bumper and even bolts to bolt the winch to are still there. All they did was remove the spare and the winch. If they installed it in your storage area, they did an illegal install. Take it back, document what they did, call your insurance company who will promptly inform them that THEY will be liable for any injuries as a result of the dealer doing an illegal install.

They can not 'Force' you do do an illegal install. They must install it where it is supposed to go if they supplied the spare and jack.

Reactions: lgfrie

·
Registered
2 Posts
By the way, if anybody in Austin Texas area wants - I am ready to exchange a set of my 20 inches wheels from my 2021 Santa Fe Caligraphy for 19 inches wheels from 2021 Caligraphy/Limited.

20 inches wheels are stylish and looks better, but as for me - they are slightly loud on the road pavement and makes ride slightly firmer than I have expected.

I don't have garage and don't want to pay extra money to buy a new wheels or to pay for wheels storage :)
Hey I'm in Austin Texas and I'm interested in your 20s send me a message!

·
Registered
571 Posts
I was surprised today when I looked at the tires on my new Cali. Instead of the Asian brands it actually came with S rated Continental Control Contact Sport SRS+ tires! Really cool, and expensive, tires! Can't wait for them to break in. Took her for another dinner spin tonight. The MPG is creeping up and is up to 22.5 MPG overall.

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T AWD
1,190 Posts
Yes, they have the kit to place it back in the under carrage just like the original. If they put it in your storage space, that is a completely unsafe position to put the spare and can cause serious injury to your occupants during a crash. It's physics, the car will stop but the tire will not! This has been discussed at length, and ad-nausium, in a previous thread.
This is true; there's a reason why cars with the spare under the cargo area have a bolt that holds the tire in there - even under the trunk floor of a sedan.

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T AWD
1,190 Posts
I was surprised today when I looked at the tires on my new Cali. Instead of the Asian brands it actually came with S rated Continental Control Contact Sport SRS+ tires! Really cool, and expensive, tires! Can't wait for them to break in. Took her for another dinner spin tonight. The MPG is creeping up and is up to 22.5 MPG overall.
My '19 came with Contis -- CrossContacts. It's not unusual for car makers to sell models with more than one OEM tire possibility .

·
Registered
2 Posts

Here is my 2020 SE with 20x8.5 enkei wheels. +40 offset wrapped in 255 45 20 Pirelli scorpion assymertico tires. I love the way they look and the difference in road noise compared to the 17 inch OEM wheels and tires is almost nonexistent even on bumpy roads.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Looks great, how to the Perelli's ride and handle. I care about handling, my wife cares about the softness and quietness of the ride.

I find that my current Conti 20's ride well, but are a tad louder (can hear the pavement) than the 18's that I had on my previous 21 SEL.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone seen when the 2021 Santa Fe w/ 20" wheels are going to be released? No dealer around me has them, and I haven't seen them on cars.com either.
I did changed my RIMS to a Caligraphy and i only bought it for $600 in a auto shop. and it really looks better and the height...eye magnet rims...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Evidently no room, there’s a lot of discussion in the 2021 Preview thread in the forums on this topic. Those that do a lot of long road trips are unhappy about the lack of any spare at all.
My 2015 is AWD and has a donut spare below the floor. I drove a Calligraphy a couple weeks ago, verified there’s no well for a spare underneath the car or in the cargo area. No one seems to know what’s changed and is occupying the space that was formerly used for a donut.
Could always get a good roof rack and mount the spare you there

·
Registered
206 Posts
I like these wheels, makes a car look more like an off reader. 20s are more elegant but the ride is horrible. Tested both.
I agree the 20" do not ride as well as 19 or 18", but they do look superb. Maybe it's just vanity, but I would take the 20" all over again if offered the choice, even though I know what this SUV could really use is 18".

Unfortunately, 18" have at this point become sort of "downmarket" for lower trims, but they were a perfect size on premium vehicles not so long ago, before the big wheel craze.

·
Registered
1 Posts
181 - 200 of 200 Posts