Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen when the 2021 Santa Fe w/ 20" wheels are going to be released? No dealer around me has them, and I haven't seen them on cars.com either.

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited
116 Posts
Has anyone seen when the 2021 Santa Fe w/ 20" wheels are going to be released? No dealer around me has them, and I haven't seen them on cars.com either.
patience grasshopper ;)

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited 2.0T AWD Stormy Sea
326 Posts
The dealer that I purchased my 2020 Limited AWD 2.0T has 3 2021's in stock. From what I'm seeing on the Hyundai site is that the 20 inch wheels are an add-on; can anyone confirm? On the Hyundai site all the vehicles are shown with the Calligraphy 20" wheels but I don't know if they are available for all trims. Could probably buy a set if you wanted them that bad. I'd personally go aftermarket for a set of 20's after the issues I had with my Limited's 19 inchers (clear coat de-laminating). One thing I do know after watching quite a few Youtube reviews is that if you are going for a model with the 2.5 Turbo engine it is imperative that you get an AWD model. The torque combined with the open differential makes for ridiculous levels of wheel spin. This was already a slight issue with the 2.0T non-AWD models and it looks to be a much bigger issue now.

·
Registered
2015 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T AWD Ultimate
42 Posts
The 20’s seem to have a supply problem, none to be found. Drove a Calligraphy a couple weeks back with the 19’s. Ugliest wheels I’ve seen in a while. Dealer didn’t know anything more than I did about when they might show up.
FYI there’s a 2021 Preview thread here that has some good info.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just got my 2021 SF Calligraphy and all I could get were 19" wheels. I was told that the 20" wheels will probably show up late summer/early fall 2021. The 19" wheels sure are absolutely hideous looking and the 20s are not much better. Otherwise this is much superior car to the BMW I traded for it. As far as wheels go, as soon as I can get an accurate offset for the stock wheels, I will have Forgestar make up a set of 20x9 wheels for 255/45r20 tires and then the car will be perfect.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just got my 2021 SF Calligraphy and all I could get were 19" wheels. I was told that the 20" wheels will probably show up late summer/early fall 2021. The 19" wheels sure are absolutely hideous looking and the 20s are not much better. Otherwise this is much superior car to the BMW I traded for it. As far as wheels go, as soon as I can get an accurate offset for the stock wheels, I will have Forgestar make up a set of 20x9 wheels for 255/45r20 tires and then the car will be perfect.
My dealer knows less about the 20” wheels than I do. The salesman wants me to go for one with 19‘s. I basically told him to quit calling me and I would keep an eye open for the 20’s appearing. If the 20’s aren’t around to the fall, it may make sense just to wait a couple months longer for a 2022 to see what changes they make, maybe some better colors for starters.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Not really crazy about the 20" wheel looks until I saw what's offered on Kia. Went to website looking for a friend interested in a Telluride or Pallisade. The only decent looking wheel is on the base model. All the top trim wheels appear to offer only a black wheel. Not sure what market they are going after but obviously not mine.

·
Registered
42 Posts
My dealer contacted Western Canada Reps and they confirmed to him that (at least in Canada) they will not arrive until 2022MY.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Not really crazy about the 20" wheel looks until I saw what's offered on Kia. Went to website looking for a friend interested in a Telluride or Pallisade. The only decent looking wheel is on the base model. All the top trim wheels appear to offer only a black wheel. Not sure what market they are going after but obviously not mine.
I’m not a fan of black wheels either and they seem to be trendy right now.

·
Registered
107 Posts
The Calligraphy does not come with a spare tire. 20-inch rims use low profile tires and are subject to blowouts if you hit road debris. I speak from experience .... that tire is toast.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The Calligraphy does not come with a spare tire. 20-inch rims use low profile tires and are subject to blowouts if you hit road debris. I speak from experience .... that tire is toast.
Don’t hit road debris ;). Just kidding, sometimes things just happen :). I had low profile tires on one of my other cars and hit a big pothole and blew the side wall out. So I know what you mean.

·
Registered
16 Mazda CX-5 GT. Korean CUV next?
5 Posts
Don’t hit road debris ;). Just kidding, sometimes things just happen :). I had low profile tires on one of my other cars and hit a big pothole and blew the side wall out. So I know what you mean.
Blowout-prone tires and no spare is not exactly a winning combination.

Not feeling good about the Calligraphy trim unless it continues to be offered with the 19” wheels after 20” wheels are available. Even then, why not offer a donut spare option? Is there no room with AWD?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited 2.0T Awd
544 Posts
From the looks of the pictures, the 20" wheels are not paired with low-profile tires.

·
Registered
42 Posts
My dealer contacted Western Canada Reps and they confirmed to him that (at least in Canada) they will not arrive until 2022MY.
That’s nuts. They should stop showing the 20’s on the TV ads and website if they’re not available this model year.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Blowout-prone tires and no spare is not exactly a winning combination.

Not feeling good about the Calligraphy trim unless it continues to be offered with the 19” wheels after 20” wheels are available. Even then, why not offer a donut spare option? Is there no room with AWD?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Evidently no room, there’s a lot of discussion in the 2021 Preview thread in the forums on this topic. Those that do a lot of long road trips are unhappy about the lack of any spare at all.
My 2015 is AWD and has a donut spare below the floor. I drove a Calligraphy a couple weeks ago, verified there’s no well for a spare underneath the car or in the cargo area. No one seems to know what’s changed and is occupying the space that was formerly used for a donut.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Where is the button to raise the HUD, I looked all over on the test drive and couldn’t find it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Where is the button to raise the HUD, I looked all over on the test drive and couldn’t find it.
The HUD doesn’t project on to a screen it projects on to the glass. I had the opportunity to check it out and I had to change it’s elevation on the windscreen.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts