Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a hitch that will fit the 2021 model? Dealers and aftermarket producers have no idea yet. I understand there may be a spare tire interference issue?
Thanks in advance.
Jim

·
Registered
4 Posts
no luck so far. I checked etrailer again just a now and still no receiver hitch available for the 21 SF.
I've also checked major hitch manufacturers like reese, curt and drawtite's web sites. no luck.
hopefully in a month or two they will have them available.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Climb under there and get some pics and measurements. I could do the same on my 2019 and that should tell the tale

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Santa Fe SEL 2.4 AWD
3 Posts
Curt class 3 hitch model 13195 is what I bought to fit my 2020 Santa Fe. I got it on eBay and it said it was for a Kia Sorento. The instructions only listed a 2019 Santa Fe but it fit my 2020 exactly. I believe Hyundai changed the chassis for 2021 so I don’t know if that will be a problem or not. Here is the link.

I also ordered the Curt 56420 wiring harness. This is a plug and play part, nothing special needs done.You connect it from below on the driver’s side. There was a fairly large black cover, sort of box shaped, just inside the rear bumper and behind the rear wheel that had to be removed, and then the harness simply plugged into the wiring that was already there. The factory harness had a plastic cover snapped onto it that I had to remove and then plug my new harness into it. Here is the link to the harness.

This is info for a 2020, which should also work for a 2019. But I don’t know how much of it will help you with a 2021 model. It’s worth checking into.

·
Registered
'19 Santa Fe SE 2.4L
318 Posts
'19's & '20's had a trailer hitch as a factory option. IDK why the '21's wouldn't.
My theory is that the redesigned rear bumper just didn't look good with a trailer hitch poking out.

Vs.

The '21 has hidden tail pipes and a much smoother look.

·
Premium Member
2021 Santa Fe Limited 2.5T
312 Posts
'19's & '20's had a trailer hitch as a factory option. IDK why the '21's wouldn't.
My theory is that the redesigned rear bumper just didn't look good with a trailer hitch poking out.

View attachment 454794
Vs.
View attachment 454795
The '21 has hidden tail pipes and a much smoother look.
Its interesting that some 21 SF's photos do not show a tailpipe coming through the bumper & some show a tailpipe. My 2021 SF Limited has a tailpipe showing. Not sure about the hitch as I am waiting for one also. I purchased some mud flaps for a 2020 SF, OEM. They fit my 21 but there is a slight difference from 20 to 21's. Anyone else should wait for the 21's.

Reactions: Jamie Vail

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Santa Fe SEL 2.4 AWD
3 Posts
I posted some info about a hitch and wiring harness for a 2020 but the post contained links so it’s waiting on moderator approval. Not sure it will help with the 2021 cause I’ve read that Hyundai redesigned the chassis so the bolt patterns may not line up anymore. I bought a Curt class 3 hitch, model 13195, and a Curt wiring harness, model 56420, and they fit my 2020 Santa Fe perfectly. I got them from eBay and the hitch was only listed as fitting a Kia Sorento but it works on the Hyundai also. Then the instructions it came with said 2019 Santa Fe with no mention of the 2020, but it did say 2020 Sorento. Can’t account for all that confusion. All I know is they bolted up and plugged up perfectly with no modifications at all.

·
Registered
'19 Santa Fe SE 2.4L
318 Posts
Its interesting that some 21 SF's photos do not show a tailpipe coming through the bumper & some show a tailpipe. My 2021 SF Limited has a tailpipe showing. Not sure about the hitch as I am waiting for one also. I purchased some mud flaps for a 2020 SF, OEM. They fit my 21 but there is a slight difference from 20 to 21's. Anyone else should wait for the 21's.
Would you post a pic of yours with the tailpipes?
Maybe it's a Turbo Thing.
Maybe only the NA motors don't get to poke their tailpipe out of the bumper.

·
Premium Member
2021 Santa Fe Limited 2.5T
312 Posts
Would you post a pic of yours with the tailpipes?
Maybe it's a Turbo Thing.
Maybe only the NA motors don't get to poke their tailpipe out of the bumper.
Here is my 2021 SF Limited 2.5T bought in northern Illinois.
IMG_0148.jpeg

Reactions: Jamie Vail

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited 2.4
31 Posts
The 360 view on the NA website shows the exhaust tip cutout on every trim level.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It's too bad Hyundai did not opt for the dual exhausts as most manufacturers do today. Personally I think it gives it a more symmetric look. Also, with the Subaru Outback, I know that dealers have been cutting into the bumper cover when installing the trailer hitch and unfortunately some are more skilled at doing it then others. Wonder if that will be necessary here.

·
Registered
'19 Santa Fe SE 2.4L
318 Posts
The 360 view on the NA website shows the exhaust tip cutout on every trim level.
By "NA", I was referring to " Naturally Aspirated" (non turbo), not " North America"

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Santa Fe
7 Posts
Did etrailer, Hyundai, and Kia dealers. No one knows. Thanks for the response.
Any luck yet Jim? I have begun this search recently and have also had no luck reaching out to any of the big manufacturers. Haven't been able to get a good reply from Hyundai yet either.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Bought the 2021 Santa Fe specifically to tow next month. All Hyundai salesman said their dealership could install. We have been trying for 2 months now to find a hitch. Hyundai just keeps saying try back in a month or two. I just filed a complaint with the Hyundai complaint department and waiting to hear back. False advertising as this car cannot tow without the hitch which isn't in existence. Class action law suit???? Lemon law???? Anyone check on having a hitch custom made?

1 - 20 of 160 Posts