Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Because everyone drives their Santa Fe at wide-open throttle to take advantage of those slightly faster shifts?
You must’ve missed the slip and jerk thread. The torque converter 8 speed implementation leaves a lot to be desired. A dual clutch transmission might be better suited for this. And you don’t need full throttle to benefit from it either.

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited 2.0T Awd
227 Posts
You must’ve missed the slip and jerk thread. The torque converter 8 speed implementation leaves a lot to be desired. A dual clutch transmission might be better suited for this. And you don’t need full throttle to benefit from it either.
I'm with you, I actually wouldn't mind a dual clutch. Though the current 8speed shifts nice and smooth, it does shift slowly. But then again, the ZF 8speed shifts smooth and quick. I wouldn't mind those either. If they make an N or N sport version of the SF, I'm almost certain they will use the dual clutch.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm with you, I actually wouldn't mind a dual clutch. Though the current 8speed shifts nice and smooth, it does shift slowly. But then again, the ZF 8speed shifts smooth and quick. I wouldn't mind those either. If they make an N or N sport version of the SF, I'm almost certain they will use the dual clutch.
DC may shift faster but you will not like in slow or stop and go conditions......Ever one I have driven with DC are terrible in those conditions. I'll keep smooth operation much better in the current SF

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited 2.0T Awd
227 Posts
DC may shift faster but you will not like in slow or stop and go conditions......Ever one I have driven with DC are terrible in those conditions. I'll keep smooth operation much better in the current SF
True. Yes, a traditional auto is much better in those situations. The current trans isn't bad, just needs to shift quicker.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just traded in my 2018 Tucson because of the DCT. The first one lasted 15000 miles the second was going bad 7000 miles later. If Hyundai had built a better transmission I would have the Tucson. I have no idea if the dealer gave me a good deal and don’t care. 0% interest for 72 months and getting a car that I can trust is what I needed

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T AWD
435 Posts
Depends on the dealer and the bank that you want to use
That's not really the way to determine that buying a car without bothering to negotiate the price just because they offer 0% for 72 months is a reason not to wait to purchase as you suggested.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I took the $2000 rebate instead of 0%. Our trade left only about $13K to finance and the dealer was able to get us 2.89% interest at a bank. So I got 2K rebate, 1K military, 2400 dealer discount. It was an offer I couldn't refuse LOL.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts