Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about a Santa Fe in the near future and was wondering your thoughts on holding out for the 2021? There has been some speculation about the new model but now that the 2021 Sorento has been officially revealed in Korea, that gives more possible changes that could carry over to the Hyundai sibling. It appears in these photos and videos that the 2021 Sorento is more Palisade like. Makes sense as it has become a very popular model. They mention hybrid engines and even a new 2.5L turbo . Personally I have always loved the rounded rear of the Santa Fe's so this angular rear could take some getting used to. I know there have always been differences between models (sorento vs santa fe) like engines and third row seats but think this 2021 Sorento may give a decent advance view of the next Santa Fe.
As a new member I can't post links but google has a ton of them. Will try to post links in next post.

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Essential
176 Posts
Looks nice. I also saw some new pics of the 2021 Tucson and that looks great as well. Now if Kia would only get rid of the KIA badge. I saw there was a new one on the way but I don't like it much better.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Since this Sorrento is a NEW generation; is it less likely the 2021MY SantaFe will update features similarly?

·
Registered
77 Posts
This redesign brings the Sorento up to date with the Santa Fe. The Santa Fe probably won't see a refresh until 2022.
The “new” Santa Fe is being tested already. Little changes in the front (blinkers will be integrated to the DRL), taillights will include the blinkers too, new interior design, following the Palisade looks, new 2.5 engine (NA and turbo version) and the hybrid version could arrive too.

·
Registered
‘19 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T FWD (Machine Gray/Espresso Gray)
1,542 Posts
It would be helpful if any references to updates include links to some sources/facts.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just google “2021 Hyundai Santa Fe refresh” and you’ll find lot of websites with the pictures of the spied new model under camouflage and the renderings.

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T AWD
475 Posts
I'm thinking about a Santa Fe in the near future and was wondering your thoughts on holding out for the 2021? There has been some speculation about the new model but now that the 2021 Sorento has been officially revealed in Korea, that gives more possible changes that could carry over to the Hyundai sibling. It appears in these photos and videos that the 2021 Sorento is more Palisade like. Makes sense as it has become a very popular model. They mention hybrid engines and even a new 2.5L turbo . Personally I have always loved the rounded rear of the Santa Fe's so this angular rear could take some getting used to. I know there have always been differences between models (sorento vs santa fe) like engines and third row seats but think this 2021 Sorento may give a decent advance view of the next Santa Fe.
As a new member I can't post links but google has a ton of them. Will try to post links in next post.
If you desire having a small 3rd row of seats "just in case" or for carpool, then I'd definitely wait for the Sorrento. Heck--if you don't need a new car now, I think most people would want to wait and see what happens when this economic turmoil stabilizes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will wait as long as my old car holds out. At least in recent years the Sorento and Santa Fe have been very similar so no reason to think that wouldn't continue. I would prefer the Hyundai as I have a dealer near me. The plant in Alabama is scheduled to start up on April 13th.

·
Registered
206 Posts
The 2.4L turbo engine and 8 speed dual-clutch transmission (for some trims) would be a welcome upgrade!

·
Registered
77 Posts
The 2.4L turbo engine and 8 speed dual-clutch transmission (for some trims) would be a welcome upgrade!
It’s not a 2.4T. The new Hyundai engines in America market are 1.6NA, 1.6T, 2.5NA, 2.5T and 3.8NA. The actuals 2.0 and 2.4 engines aren’t going to be available anymore in the next lineup. The 2020 Sonata is the model who started this changes

·
Registered
206 Posts
It’s not a 2.4T. The new Hyundai engines in America market are 1.6NA, 1.6T, 2.5NA, 2.5T and 3.8NA. The actuals 2.0 and 2.4 engines aren’t going to be available anymore in the next lineup. The 2020 Sonata is the model who started this changes
Whoops... meant 2.5L turbo... But I’m glad you can name all of the displacements! Thx!

·
Registered
‘19 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T FWD (Machine Gray/Espresso Gray)
1,542 Posts
Don’t take away my armrest!

·
Registered
206 Posts
No thanks on the dual-clutch. There's already videos of the one in the Seltos overheating in off-road situations.
Because everyone off-roads their Santa Fe? I’d prefer the quick shifts of a dual clutch though it’s not for everyone.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Don’t take away my armrest!
Just slide your walker through the gap between the seats for your arm to rest on. Maybe the tennis ball will end up under your elbow for some additional support.

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T AWD
475 Posts
With the "emergency" 3rd row, I would lean toward the next Sorento over a Santa Fe if I was in the market. But I think you are right that the Santa Fe will probably adopt the engines and features of the next Sorento.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts