Hyundai Forums banner

2021 Santa Fe pulls random text messages from Bluetooth attached phone

5K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  pls1053 
#1 ·
I have my phone connected via Bluetooth. I have received the same message from my son over 10 times. The message that I receive is one that is not even on my phone. I have searched through my message history with no luck.

Today I seemed to discover something though. I have a group chat in my text messages with about 10 people on it and it seems whenever a message is received in this group chat, it triggers the message from my son to show on the Santa Fe. And today, it actually triggered a different message from my wife that I also could not find among my messages.

Has anyone ever had any issues with the Santa Fe showing the wrong text messages on the display?

#4 ·
I removed my phone and re-added it. It is still giving random messages. I received two messages from my wife and the vehicle received two, but the first one was an old message from who knows when and the second was the actual second I received from her. This is crazy.

I also went through my old messages and deleted as much as I could on the phone.

#12 ·
I removed my phone and re-added it. It is still giving random messages. I received two messages from my wife and the vehicle received two, but the first one was an old message from who knows when and the second was the actual second I received from her. This is crazy.

I also went through my old messages and deleted as much as I could on the phone.
I'm having the same problem in my 2022 Tucson.

#7 ·
I just had the exact same BT issue happen to me when receiving text messages while driving my Santa Fe. It pulls random text messages from my phone. I've got the April NAV update installed. @KevNash906 Did you say that you've downloaded the June update? I looked on the update site and there is no mention of any June update. Where did you find this update?

#9 ·
Hello! I realize this post is a few months old, but curious if anyone found a fix? I have had the same issue with my '21 Santa Fe pulling in old messages. I thought it was related to the phone, but have gotten a new phone a few weeks ago and am still having the same problem. Any help is appreciated!

#17 ·
I have gone to the dark side and switched to an iPhone (for testing purposes only!) And Ryneff is right. This seems like it is an Android issue. The iPhone works perfectly for text messages, even the few large group chats I am in.

Has anyone with an Android had any luck with different texting apps perhaps? Maybe that is the next avenue to go down and find a workable solution.

#18 ·
I have my phone connected via Bluetooth. I have received the same message from my son over 10 times. The message that I receive is one that is not even on my phone. I have searched through my message history with no luck. Today I seemed to discover something though. I have a group chat in my text messages with about 10 people on it and it seems whenever a message is received in this group chat, it triggers the message from my son to show on the Santa Fe. And today, it actually triggered a different message from my wife that I also could not find among my messages. Has anyone ever had any issues with the Santa Fe showing the wrong text messages on the display?
I have a Tuscon,2022. I get random messages from LONG ago. The first time I had to find the text msg thread and delete it, so that one doesn't show up, but others do. I don't want to delete all of my messages.