Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe SEL 2.4l FWD
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is an interesting read on a Santa Fe Plug In Hybrid offering in Europe maybe headed our way in the US

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T HTRAC
742 Posts
The concept of hybrid is just wrong. They added more complexity to an already complex gas car. It should be all electric or all gas, hybrid is just stupid. Not to mention more environmental impact from raw material to parts recycle.

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited 2.0T Awd
369 Posts
The concept of hybrid is just wrong. They added more complexity to an already complex gas car. It should be all electric or all gas, hybrid is just stupid. Not to mention more environmental impact from raw material to parts recycle.
Less costly to develop...and more people would choose a hybrid over a completely electric vehicle, unless they already have a secondary vehicle. All electric vehicle would be more costly for the consumer too. An all electric SF would most likely be in the 50-60K range which would be a hard sell....so the hybrid helps with having a vehicle for those that want better fuel economy and also helps Hyundai as a company better meet fuel economy standards so they don't have to pay penalties.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Living in the city, a hybrid can save a lot in gas for city driving. Plus you are likely to live in an apartment or condo where you can not easily charge up an electric car.
Now if you live in rural Texas, that's a obviously a different story as Hybrid tend to only have slightly higher gas mileage on highway driving.

·
Registered
‘19 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T FWD (Machine Gray/Espresso Gray)
1,578 Posts
In my “remaining lifetime” a totally electric plug-in vehicle will likely never give me the battery range I would need to feel comfortable roving away from home. Who wants to hunt for and sit at a charging station away from home?

·
Registered
369 Posts
In my “remaining lifetime” a totally electric plug-in vehicle will likely never give me the battery range I would need to feel comfortable roving away from home. Who wants to hunt for and sit at a charging station away from home?
The Lucid is claiming 500+ miles of range for the Lucid Air.

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T HTRAC
742 Posts
At some point you will have to look for a charge station, and wait in queue then charge. Time to consider having a mini fridge loaded with beers in the e car.

·
Registered
369 Posts
But isn't that what we already do at gas stations? I gas up at Costco. There is usually a queue. At some point you will still have to pull over and take a bathroom break. Charge while you're taking a break.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
The Lucid is claiming 500+ miles of range for the Lucid Air.
When I have $80 - $160 thou handy I’ll be sure to buy one.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Hopefully for 2021 they get rid of the pop-up infotainment screen and incorporate it into the dash like they have shown for the new 2022 Tuscon interior design.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts