Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited AWD
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my 2021 Santa Fe Limited yesterday and was surprised when I realized it didn't come with the NFC digital card key. I'd seen reviews where they show the card and talk about it so it peaked my interest. I'm an iPhone user so I need the physical card. When I contacted my sales guy today he seemed surprised that I thought that'd it'd be included (in my defense the window sticker does say digital key) on it. Has anybody had one included in their purchase? I haven't heard back from him since he asked me to send him a photo of my window sticker where it shows the digital key mentioned on it. I lost a fob last year in glacier national park (it had been left on my roof and fell off on a back road), hundreds of dollars later I was back on the road, and want a backup in my wallet.

Sooooo....has anybody bought a '21 and had it included?

Thanks in advance! Other than that I absolutely love the car!

Reactions: YesSirPro

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Been working with Hyundai for 2 months now with no luck.
Did they acknowledge that you should have received an NFC key card or not? What model Santa Fe did you end up getting?

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Santa Fe
7 Posts
I picked up my 2021 Santa Fe Limited yesterday and was surprised when I realized it didn't come with the NFC digital card key. I'd seen reviews where they show the card and talk about it so it peaked my interest. I'm an iPhone user so I need the physical card. When I contacted my sales guy today he seemed surprised that I thought that'd it'd be included (in my defense the window sticker does say digital key) on it. Has anybody had one included in their purchase? I haven't heard back from him since he asked me to send him a photo of my window sticker where it shows the digital key mentioned on it. I lost a fob last year in glacier national park (it had been left on my roof and fell off on a back road), hundreds of dollars later I was back on the road, and want a backup in my wallet.

I picked up a 2021 a few weeks ago and sticker does say Digital Key but no card included. I was under the impression digital key was the ability to use a phone/card as a digital key, not sure where you go about getting a card. If you have any luck please post back and let me know.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Same with me. My salesperson said I have to purchase it from Parts but they were out of it. My Digital Key not entirely working. How about yours? Again my fearless sales person says Hyundai is having problems with Digital Key.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
2021 Santa Fe Limited (Portofino Gray)
73 Posts
I just picked up my 2021 Limited this week and no Key Card was included. Asked the salesman about it and he claimed to have no idea what I was talking about. According to the manual, in order to program the NFC card you either have to have an Android phone or have the dealer program it for you.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's interesting how it is worded, it's not worded like an optional accessory to me, it sounds to me like it's something that was intended to be included at one point even if it's not included now. I still really want one...I'm hoping my dealer comes through, I'm not the most hopeful at this point though.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just read in another post of this forum that the NFC key card comes in the envelope with the second key. They didn’t have the second key when I picked up the car and I am going to the dealer to pick it up on Saturday. Now I am hoping the NFC key card is envelope also! Will report back...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just read in another post of this forum that the NFC key card comes in the envelope with the second key. They didn’t have the second key when I picked up the car and I am going to the dealer to pick it up on Saturday. Now I am hoping the NFC key card is envelope also! Will report back...
So when I went to pick up my second key, there was no envelope or NFC Key Card. I asked the dealer about it and he claimed to have no knowledge of the key card.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Banned
66 Posts
I bought a new calligraphy and i got an e-mail ....
Enrollment in Hyundai Digital Key for 2021 SANTA FE is complete. Follow the instructions in the app to initialize your Digital Key.
If you have any questions, please contact us at any time.
Thanks,
Hyundai Motor America

·
Registered
73 Posts
I got the same email, but since I don’t have an Android phone I can’t use the digital key phone app. That’s why I was interested in the NFC digital key card. Getting the key card myself is a non-starter as you need a Android phone to program it yourself. My guess to the reason why dealers aren’t providing the cards is they have no idea how to set them up or don’t have the right equipment to program them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yes. The key card is actually supposed to be a backup for the digital key on your phone. That way if your phone dies or you lose it you can still get into your car and start it. The idea is to keep the key card in your wallet for emergencies. But apparently you can use a key card without having the phone app, it you just can’t program it yourself without an Android phone. iPhone now supports digital keys in iOS 14, but it has not been implemented by Hyundai yet. Maybe they will add it at a later date.

·
Banned
66 Posts
Thanks, I am actually picking up the car later today, will ask the salesman who will probably not know. God forbid they know anything about the products they sell. I can go into Macy's to buy a pair of socks and the sales person would know everything about the socks but for a 45k car your on your own.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts