Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
6 sec 0-60 and 14 1/2 sec 1/4M? Plus 255 width tires on the Calligraphy?

Me thinks the 2021 Santa Fe Calligraphy needs a launch control ;););). Plus it should come standard with the tow package so you can drag home all the vehicles from people who race for pinks cause they think their stick-a-spoiler-and-a-stripe-on-it mobiles are faster than you ;););)

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited 2.0T Awd
812 Posts
Other vehicles are faster. Subaru Outback with 2.4T as an example. If launch control were to be added....it would be to an N-line or N variant....not to a Calligraphy.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Tucson and Santa Cruz get same 2.5T drivetrain and are smaller/lighter. Be careful who you race for pinks! Oops, maybe it’s just the Santa Cruz getting the 2.5T sometime soon.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Tucson and Santa Cruz get same 2.5T drivetrain and are smaller/lighter. Be careful who you race for pinks! Oops, maybe it’s just the Santa Cruz getting the 2.5T sometime soon.
I was excited for the new Tucson, but when they announced the N Line wouldn't be getting the upgraded powertrain, I was extremely disappointed. Combine that with 100% touch sensitive interior and I just couldn't see myself getting one of those. That's why I went with the SF Calligraphy instead.

·
Registered
45 Posts
5.9 vs 6.0 seconds. 2 random drivers on any given day would split 50/50. Not to mention, the Outback is probably the ugliest car on the road.
We used to say "the best thing about an Outback is passing one on the highway", implying that no Outback owner ever exceeds the speed limit. Mostly they drive well below.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Drag racing in an SUV would be pathetic.
A scaled down version of racing minivans or school buses. :sick:

·
Registered
545 Posts
Drag racing in an SUV would be pathetic.
A scaled down version of racing minivans or school buses. :sick:
Why?
Speed is speed.
The 2.5t with the DCT would smoke many 80's and 90's era muscle cars.
You still see those on the strips today.

Look at the cayeneS or model x.....some serious speed there.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
The 2.5t with the DCT would smoke many 80's and 90's era muscle cars.
My "underpowered" Tucson is faster to 60 than a 1984 Corvette.
If all you want is speed get on a 737, coach, and go 400+ mph.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts