Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well aren't you a ray of sunshine. Before you tell me to "look it up" maybe do your research. I'm in Canada. NOT the US. In Canada the brochure on page eleven states 20" Calligraphy Exclusive Rims come WITH the package. In the Owner Manual it states the tire size to be 255/45 R20 8.5J x 20 and on Hyundaitires.ca it's fairly obvious what the OEM tire is supposed to be.
So who is forcing you to buy one? I don't care where you live, there are no 20" wheels available in North America at this time. If you think you can strong-arm Hyundai corporate into giving you 20" wheels at sometime after you buy the car with 19"s and use it, dream on. Buried in the fine print on all mfgr brochures is their right to change specs at any time. Knowing that, you can buy or not buy. Hyundai's fortunes are not hinged on your purchase.

·
Registered
11 Posts
In the U.S., you can get the window sticker (officially known as the Monroney Label) based on your VIN number. I don't know what is available in Canada, but try searching for "get window sticker from vin number". I don't know if this U.S.-based website will for for you: Print Automotive Window Stickers | MonroneyLabels.com
My window sticker says 19" wheels as does every other 2021 Calligraphy I have seen. If you do an inventory search on the Santa Fe website you can call up the window sticker for any new model in inventory.

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe SE (Earthy Bronze) with factory trailer hitch.
192 Posts
Have you guys ever heard of the Marketing Scheme known as "Supply & Demand"? It's a cool trick companies use to drive the demand up on something that seems "hard to get". If All the SF you were seeing had 20" wheels, would you all be wondering "Where are the 19" wheels?" If every other spec is the same, except these elusive 20" wheels, what's the big deal.

Simple answer - We want what we can't have.

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T AWD
632 Posts
You are not charged for the 20" wheels. Calligraphy wit 19" wheels is $200 less expensive. Look it up.
So if 19" is $200 less than 20" wheels, how is it that you are "not charged" for 20" wheels? Sounds suspiciously like a $200 charge for 20" wheels to me?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I personally going to keep 18's for dedicated winter setup and will later buy 20 for summer/all-season setup. For me it's easier because I live where 90% have dedicated winter tire snow setup, so for me this extra spending is justified. I do realize for those who got stuck with 19's are in the grey area, middle spot - almost not worth it to spent a lot of money to buy extra set of 20's. So it's not the ideal situation, I agree, but there's nothing we can do. Hyundai Palisade btw has stock 20's too and there are 20's taken from Palisade for sale available on craigslist/kijiji local ads. The problem is they have a bit different tire size: 245/50/20 so that's a bit taller tire (difference is only 7mm or 0.3 inch - so they will fit no problem).

·
Registered
12 Posts
So if 19" is $200 less than 20" wheels, how is it that you are "not charged" for 20" wheels? Sounds suspiciously like a $200 charge for 20" wheels to me?
Because he is charged for 19 wheels only, not 20 wheels. Meaning he is charged $200 less. Dealerships don't sell models with 20 wheels yet, so they don't charge that extra $200 yet. When models with 20 wheels will become available in the future - they will charge extra $200 for 20 wheels. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2021 Santa Fe Calligraphy
9 Posts
My windows sticker clearly stated 19" rims, I bought the same, white calligraphy, except it has the 2 tone interior. There is no hope, at least for me, to get the other rims unless I want to fork out for them which I am not likely to do. I do agree that these are not the best looking ones but in the end I drive it from the inside and that is what I liked about the vehicle. I also didn't get a key card for it which the manual states I should, not giving up on that battle yet (though I assume that are cheap).

21 - 29 of 29 Posts