Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So It appears that the Calligraphy Santa Fe in Canada is indeed getting the 19" rims from the upcoming hybrid. Not the 20" rims that are advertised.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I talked to our local dealership, and they indicated that they do not have enough 20" rims available at this time, so they are providing the 19" for the Calligraphy models until they can get more.. Not sure if they plan on replacing them when they finally have enough.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I talked to our local dealership, and they indicated that they do not have enough 20" rims available at this time, so they are providing the 19" for the Calligraphy models until they can get more.. Not sure if they plan on replacing them when they finally have enough.
I doubt it. I'm working with my dealer to ask Hyundai about replacements when they become available. We're not hopeful but it just seems we're getting f**ked when it comes to getting what we were promised but that's just how it happens in Canada :p

·
Registered
28 Posts
I doubt it. I'm working with my dealer to ask Hyundai about replacements when they become available. We're not hopeful but it just seems we're getting f**ked when it comes to getting what we were promised but that's just how it happens in Canada :p
Oh Canada, eh?

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited 2.0T Awd
544 Posts
I'm guessing this may just be an availability issue with the supplier. We are still dealing with COVID slowdowns. I haven't seen any Calligraphy with the 20" wheels.

It's some pretty weird stuff going on with the trims and options with the new Sorento and Santa Fe.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Looks nice. I like the "old school" way that Hyundai designed the accelerator pedal. Cars/Trucks in the 60's-70's had the pedal attached to the floor like that.

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe SE (Earthy Bronze) with factory trailer hitch.
185 Posts
Those rims look better on the Subaru they were copied from

Subaru

Hyundai

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited 2.0T Awd
544 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
19 SF Limited AWD 2.4
329 Posts
I guess I'm old school. 18 in rims on my 2019 limited. I did a tirerack search and for Michelins and other top rated M&S with severe snow ratings those tires are $180-200 ea.

The new 2021 looks OK especially the rear. We'll see how the 2.5 engine works out. I'd really like a shift lever for winter with mega gloves on, although a pushable button shifter is better than the knobs some brands use.

If all goes well I'll be looking to trade around 2027-28. Who knows what'll be out then.

·
Premium Member
2021 Phantom Black Sonata
48 Posts
I would make sure when an allocation comes in you can change over to the 20s...you're supposed to get what you paid for!!

Reactions: Jamie Vail

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would make sure when an allocation comes in you can change over to the 20s...you're supposed to get what you paid for!!
Problem is in Canada they aren't "advertising" the 20" rims. They reference it everywhere ... but don't "advertise" it. So It's unlikely I'll get them :(

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe SE (Earthy Bronze) with factory trailer hitch.
185 Posts
I wouldn't say they are copied from Subaru. This is just the current trend that just about all of the auto manufacturers are doing. It's ugly and I am hoping it dies off soon.
Then, I would say it was Subaru who started this "trend". They have been making their rims like this for a while now, and these type of wheels have been regarded as "Rugged" looking.
these have been available since 2013

Even Dodge/Jeep is doing it.

2019 Jeep Compass Wheel

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Problem is in Canada they aren't "advertising" the 20" rims. They reference it everywhere ... but don't "advertise" it. So It's unlikely I'll get them :(
What does your window sticker say??

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Not to drag this out, but I found this in Murray Hyundai in Medicine Hat site. Check out the exterior list
Santa Fe

Reactions: 12GLS3.5

·
Registered
8 Posts
I agree so much that I have been pestering my dealer to go to Hundai Canada and get some of the 20" rims from the US, but it sounds like they aren't available ANYWHERE :(
[/Q

There are no 20" rims in the U.S. All Calligraphy models built until late summer or early fall 2021 will not have 20" wheels due to supply issues. Several other things including mudguards are also not available.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You are not charged for the 20" wheels. Calligraphy wit 19" wheels is $200 less expensive. Look it up.
Well aren't you a ray of sunshine. Before you tell me to "look it up" maybe do your research. I'm in Canada. NOT the US. In Canada the brochure on page eleven states 20" Calligraphy Exclusive Rims come WITH the package. In the Owner Manual it states the tire size to be 255/45 R20 8.5J x 20 and on Hyundaitires.ca it's fairly obvious what the OEM tire is supposed to be.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts