Hyundai Forums banner

81 - 100 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
There is V6 option in Australia, but not in North America :mad:
I know..it sucks. I have to wonder if it was a sales decision where not many people were buying small V6-powered SUV's anymore. Personally I prefer a V6 over a 4-cylinder and so does my wife. She wants a Santa Fe now that's she's driven mine, so when the time comes we'll be shopping for a 2010-2018 model.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I know..it sucks. I have to wonder if it was a sales decision where not many people were buying small V6-powered SUV's anymore. Personally I prefer a V6 over a 4-cylinder and so does my wife. She wants a Santa Fe now that's she's driven mine, so when the time comes we'll be shopping for a 2010-2018 model.
Probably comes down to federal fuel economy standards, honestly.

·
Registered
2015 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T AWD Ultimate
13 Posts
There is V6 option in Australia, but not in North America :mad:
Yeah I wish they still had a V6 option but it’s almost impossible to find in any small to midsize SUV in the US. I looked at a Jeep Grand Cherokee but it’s $15K more than a similarly equipped Santa Fe and dated design due for a refresh. Same for a Lexus RX. I dont care for the Pilot or Passport. Wife got a Murano for the V6 but with a CVT it kills the smoothness of the V6.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You do know that the 2.5 is a brand new engine? And you are ok with that?
Yeah I know. Isn’t the 2.5 already in the 2020 Sonata? I’d rather go with something new than an engine with a history of problems. Hopefully they used what they learned from the design flaws in the 2.0.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Does anyone have any ideas or guesses when they'll release the '21 in the US?
Not sure but I would think it would be soon. But with the pandemic and soft demand it may be delayed. I have a sales contact at the dealership. I was planning to reach out to him in the next week or so. I bought my 2015 in December of 2014, I recall the new model had been out for a while by then.

·
Registered
21 Posts

Daniel commented twice about new tranny smoothly changing gears but slightly jerky in stop and go traffic. Concerned?

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T HTRAC
837 Posts
Typical behavior from a DCT, computer (and human) controlled clutch is not the best in stop & go and at crawling speed.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
2021 Sorento info released yesterday. The Hybrid SX I wanted to buy is not available (only offered in 2 lower trims). Compared to worldwide models, North America marketing has deleted: Self leveling rear suspension, mood lighting, rotary shifter and more!!!

Please Hyundai don't screw up the Santa Fe Hybrid model the same way Kia did.

You both teased the world with all the available features and then KIA said, NOT FOR THE HYBRID models!!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #95 (Edited)

Sent a message to Hyundai: Ready to order a SantaFe Hybrid Ultimate, 2 WD or AWD, preferably a 6 passenger.. Don't screw up the Hybrid trims like Kia did..........

Hyundai response: 2021 model not announced yet...duh!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #96 (Edited)
Don't see that any pics/reviews of one with 2nd row captains chairs which is a deal breaker with me. Hopefully the Sorento PHEV will have but will not be around until spring...

Captains chairs not available in Japan and Europe so screw Hyundai!!!!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Don't see that any pics/reviews of one with 2nd row captains chairs which is a deal breaker with me. Hopefully the Sorento PHEV will have but will not be around until spring...

Captains chairs not available in Japan and Europe so screw Hyundai!!!!!
I'm unaware of ANY car in this class that offers 2nd row captains chairs.

·
Registered
14 Posts
New on the board here. Don't own but currently looking at 2020 Santa Fe. From an outsider's perspective I don't really see anything about the 2021 that I prefer over the '20. Hate the huge grill, looks about as bad as the current gen Lexus. Not a fan of electronic shifters although I know they are coming soon on all vehicles. Problem with them is layout and what it does to the center console. Tested a Murano and kept hitting my knee on the console as a passenger. Waiting for the redesign 2021 Rogue to come out and test it, otherwise will probably go with the Santa Fe. Hoping the '21 Santa Fe doesn't hit streets until late Nov or Dec so as to test the Rogue and the '20 Santa Fe will still be available if choose to go that route.

81 - 100 of 142 Posts