Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I recently spent the week with the 2021 Hyundai Palisade (which is all new here in Australia) and as owners/enthusiasts I thought you guys would appreciate it most :)

Review for those interested:

I'm also happy to answer any questions you might have about it!

Cheers
- Matt

·
Registered
94 Posts
Did they ever figure out the wind noise and stinky seats issues? Looks like both the Kia Telluride and Hyundai Palisades are picking up where they left off with the 2021 models. On pace to hit over 120 complaints on the NHTSA website 2 years in a row for these models. Looks like these models won’t be winning any JDPower awards anytime soon. I’m a shareholder so I’ve been generally happy with their stock. Unfortunately still can buy anything they make. Even the new GV80 is getting tough reviews as a ‘swing and a miss’. Maybe there‘s a GV90 that’ll get their SUV’s to a quality I can trust.

·
Registered
2012 Sonata 2.0t Ltd & 2020 Palisade Ltd
900 Posts
The GV80 is getting great reviews. Stop your nonsense.

There aren’t many wind noise or smell complaints on the Palisade these days. Looks addressed to me.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Strange, everything I’ve read has stated noisy on the highway and a ride not commensurate with the luxury segment. Let me go re-read the reviews and I’ll post up some facts.

And Eric, I knew you’d chime in as always. Is it ‘fake news’ or something more substantive that you’ll argue back with? I expect more from an engineer. And frankly as a shareholder, I expect more from Hyundai motors. You’ll thank me later when your resale is protected by more than a well-worn warranty.

All the best Hyundai fan-bois and I’m sure ear plugs and a gas mask can help with the wind noise and off-gassing. Inexcusable for a $50K vehicle with luxury aspirations.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Absolutely a good first effort, but let others be the beta-testers as Genesis is still working on car dynamics as evidenced by unacceptable NVH levels for a $72K luxury vehicle. There are better places to put your luxury SUV dollars, especially if you want a real 3rd row.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Last sentence - “despite calm conditions during our test, there was a fair amount of wind noise at highway speeds.”

Go drive an X7 or Mercedes and you’ll immediately hear the difference.

·
Registered
900 Posts
And Eric, I knew you’d chime in as always. Is it ‘fake news’ or something more substantive that you’ll argue back with?
Says the guy who deliberately compares apples to oranges to make the Palisade look worse.

Those reviews are pretty favorable to the GV80. There are wind noise complaints on BMW and Mercedes SUVs as well. Either way, this is a palisade forum, not GV80. You own neither car, so bye bye.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I was wrong. They can’t build cheap ones properly either. Looks like Palisade sales are down 10% versus last year while Hyundai was up 2%, mostly driven by fleet sales. Thankfully the word must be getting out about the wind noise and stinky seats.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I was wrong. They can’t build cheap ones properly either. Looks like Palisade sales are down 10% versus last year while Hyundai was up 2%, mostly driven by fleet sales. Thankfully the word must be getting out about the wind noise and stinky seats.

WTF are you talking about? Palisade sales number:

Jun-19: 383
Jul-19: 4464
Aug-19: 5115
Sep-19: 3495
Oct-19: 4357
Nov-19: 5268
Dec-19: 5654
Jan-20: 6188
Feb-20: 6967
Mar-20: 3934
Apr-20: 3331
May-20: 7866
Jun-20: 8169
Jul-20: 8404
Aug-20: 7983
Sep-20: 7741
Oct-20: 7519
Nov-20: 6436
Dec-20: 8123
Jan-21: 5669

Source: Hyundai Newsroom

What are you comparing? Jan-21 to Jan-20? First off, that's 8% less and second, we weren't in a pandemic in January 2020. Congratulations on living up to expectations and taking number out of context to fuel your anti-Hyundai propaganda. Exactly as described in my previous post.

No wonder you got banned from other Palisade forums.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Strange, everything I’ve read has stated noisy on the highway and a ride not commensurate with the luxury segment. Let me go re-read the reviews and I’ll post up some facts.

And Eric, I knew you’d chime in as always. Is it ‘fake news’ or something more substantive that you’ll argue back with? I expect more from an engineer. And frankly as a shareholder, I expect more from Hyundai motors. You’ll thank me later when your resale is protected by more than a well-worn warranty.

All the best Hyundai fan-bois and I’m sure ear plugs and a gas mask can help with the wind noise and off-gassing. Inexcusable for a $50K vehicle with luxury aspirations.
I have been driving my new 2021 Calligraphy for a month now mostly hwy driving and have zero complaints and no wind noise.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Glad to hear it. As I stated I’m a shareholder. Enough of the automotive media has chimed in to hopefully goad Hyundai engineers to get it right. You only need to drive a BMW X7 (current owner) or Mercedes equivalent to see/hear the difference. Hoping the next generation has some fixes. I may come back. Still don’t know if they fixed the wind noise and smelly seats for current owners Though. But here’s hoping.

P.S. Not all pintos burst into flames....ll

1 - 13 of 13 Posts