Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just purchased a 2021 N-Line on President’s Day, Monday. And Tuesday it threw a P2261 Code with 65 Miles on the clock.

Apparently the national network is down, so can’t bring it in today. I’m really hoping that there aren’t bigger issues with these 1st model years. I also got the car for it’s price, torque, power, and upscale feeling, and reliability.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I just purchased a 2021 N-Line on President’s Day, Monday. And Tuesday it threw a P2261 Code with 65 Miles on the clock.

Apparently the national network is down, so can’t bring it in today. I’m really hoping that there aren’t bigger issues with these 1st model years. I also got the car for it’s price, torque, power, and upscale feeling, and reliability.
Geez, what the heck is going on. I just hit 500miles, so far so good here. Just please keep us informed, so we're all kept in the loop of any known issues..etc.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I'm a hair above 400. No issues.
GOOD DEAL cjkgt97.

I noticed one tiny thing last night, hopefully it was just as freak thing.

Started my car from the app to warm up the car last night, went out 10 seconds later, a passenger opened the passenger side door, car then turned off for some reason, odd. I got in, started it up again and drove home with zero issues.

·
Registered
2021 Sonata N-Line
84 Posts
Car is at the dealership now day 3. They have a glass company coming out tomorrow to reseal the rear window. Hyundai is sending someone out to look at the collision warning problem the dealership has no idea what is causing it.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Car is at the dealership now day 3. They have a glass company coming out tomorrow to reseal the rear window. Hyundai is sending someone out to look at the collision warning problem the dealership has no idea what is causing it.
They'll figure out the collision warning issue I'm sure. Might be something simple too, who knows. Sucks you have to be without the car for any extended period of time. Pulling for you and the N Line!

I've been pretty fortunate with most of the vehicles I've owned. I have an intermittent issue with my beloved lifted 2017 F150 with only 7,000 miles on the odometer. Seems to be a turbo problem, it only happens once and a while, a weird loud rattling noise, might be a turbo problem the dealer said. The frustrating part is, its difficult to diagnose being its so intermittent.

·
Registered
2021 Sonata N-Line
84 Posts
Thank you I appreciate that! Just got it back from the dealership. They had a glass company come out and seal the rear window. The collision warning situation they don’t have any answers for me. Right now it’s driving normally I’m sure it will show itself again sometime.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Thank you I appreciate that! Just got it back from the dealership. They had a glass company come out and seal the rear window. The collision warning situation they don’t have any answers for me. Right now it’s driving normally I’m sure it will show itself again sometime.
Ugh, so it’s intermittent? That’s the worst.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I am not an N-liner here... I strarted a thread for my Sonata 2021 Sport trim 1.6T (Canada) received last Monday with 108 KM ODO.
Since my problem could be common for 2021 Sonatas regardless that N is mechanically is completly different I decided to add my problem to the list of mentioned onces.
Monday (Feb 15), 7 min after exiting dealership the FAN dead, defrost down, car fogged up. -20C outside. Frustration... careful driving. Car is in the service from Tu.
Got loaner - new Tucson. Last update yesterday: US, Canada, Mexico service network still down.
Sad to read weird for new cars problem. Let's be positive and think that it may happen with any make.
So w\e'll see in a year how long the probs list will go. The only optimistic point that I have is very warm and friendly relation with dealership and of course the fact that it is not my car but H. Canada (I am leasing it).

·
Registered
48 Posts
I am not an N-liner here... I strarted a thread for my Sonata 2021 Sport trim 1.6T (Canada) received last Monday with 108 KM ODO.
Since my problem could be common for 2021 Sonatas regardless that N is mechanically is completly different I decided to add my problem to the list of mentioned onces.
Monday (Feb 15), 7 min after exiting dealership the FAN dead, defrost down, car fogged up. -20C outside. Frustration... careful driving. Car is in the service from Tu.
Got loaner - new Tucson. Last update yesterday: US, Canada, Mexico service network still down.
Sad to read weird for new cars problem. Let's be positive and think that it may happen with any make.
So w\e'll see in a year how long the probs list will go. The only optimistic point that I have is very warm and friendly relation with dealership and of course the fact that it is not my car but H. Canada (I am leasing it).
I don’t know if this will make you feel better or not but; I had a 2012 BMW 650i convertible for 18months. I purchased it new in 2012. In 18 months of ownership, I visited the BMW service department 21 times with one problem after another. The only good thing was I got to drive many different BMW models for free (haha). It’s not life and death. I’m sure the problem will be solved.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I don’t know if this will make you feel better or not but; I had a 2012 BMW 650i convertible for 18months. I purchased it new in 2012. In 18 months of ownership, I visited the BMW service department 21 times with one problem after another. The only good thing was I got to drive many different BMW models for free (haha). It’s not life and death. I’m sure the problem will be solved.
And I had 328 2011 (E90) for 2 leases in a row. Took my car for the second one as CPO with bumper to bumper warranty included (they don't give it anymore). From 2018 till last Monday had 330.
My baby gone. Could not get better price than my buy back, so gave up... and BMW guy brought me to H. where I had my Sonata as a second option. Test drove it 2 times and made a decision that this step down to Earth from the haven will be not so harmful with Sonata if compare to other cars in this class.
I don't cry :) and waiting my Sonata. Have 39 months of the lease. After all this **** with corona will end many things should come back to normal.
And sure you made me feel better, just because the mentionning B M W. My heart is with it forever...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I test drove N-Line today but felt the bolstering was tight at the widest setting. I am coming from a Merc C300 where the backrest was quite wide & soft. Did any of you guys feel the same during test drive and got used to it after a few hundred miles of buying? I want to like it but skeptical that it will be too fatiguing on long drives.
Note: I have a wide body frame at 5' 10" and ~200 lbs.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I test drove N-Line today but felt the bolstering was tight at the widest setting. I am coming from a Merc C300 where the backrest was quite wide & soft. Did any of you guys feel the same during test drive and got used to it after a few hundred miles of buying? I want to like it but skeptical that it will be too fatiguing on long drives.
I’m 6’2” 215lbs with broad back/shoulders and found the seats perfectly comfortable from day one. Maybe it’s a combination of the bolstering and Dinamica suede that’s bothering you? They’re the opposite of slippery which I happen to really like.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I felt that it was initially tight for me on the first test drive, even at the widest setting. But, after hitting 2k miles last night, I can say that I am thoroughly comfortable. I even have the bolsters tightened up a bit now, probably 25% of its ability to squeeze. For reference, I am 6'4", 210. My biggest issue is even at the lowest seat setting, and especially if my back is stiff in the AM, I can have stray hairs touching the headliner. Not a great feeling being that close to the headliner, probably have 1-2" of clearance at most and I can easily jam my head into it if I have to stretch. But, for cars in this class or smaller, this is about the best head room I could find for cars with sunroofs. The VW Arteon was better but the car lacked the performance I was looking for.

·
Registered
2021 Sonata N-Line
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
UPDATE

Hello All,

Wanted to provide you an update on my issues with the tires. I have battled this with the dealer and Hyundai with no resolve and in the end I bought a new set of Michelin Pilot Sports which fixed the vibration issues however I now have bad brake rotors or always had them. At 70 when I hit the brakes car the steering wheel shakes and the car vibrates horribly. Car has 3500 miles and am starting to notice more issues with the car. The wind noise is getting worse on the drivers side and now when the engine starts it stumbles a bit, revs to 2K and then comes back down. I have also noticed an odd smell in the cabin when first started from the engine. Regardless of a warranty this car should not be having so many issues only a few months old. I am going to make it someone else's problem and dumping it in the next few weeks. I don't have the time to keep taking this car back to the dealership and fighting with them. I will never own or recommend a Hyundai again.

Other non critical behaviors I noticed with the car:
Transmission - Great on flat roads with no traffic. After driving 3500 miles plus commuting 80 miles a day this transmission is not for everyone. It's a bit jerky in stop and go, on steep inclines it's a nail bitter wondering if the car will roll back. Feels like the car engages the braking system and then releases when the transmission engages. Not a pleasant feeling. I live in the North Georgia mountains so this car has been put through hard driving.
Digital Dash - Get rid of the bright white gage cluster!! Blinding in the early morning! I always drive in sport mode.
Seat Fabric - Not sure it will hold up past 2 years as I have noticed wearing already
Glass Roof - I have had the rubber seals come loose and had to re-seat.
Front end - Due to the slope of this it will eat anything on the hood. Due to the design and slope of the hood line the grill passes up everything to the hood and I have many chips. Most cars have a flatter grill and hood line. Be aware.
Hyundai App - Can never get the remote start to work on the app no matter how many times I reset my PIN. Have to use the key fob
Driving behaviors - In normal mode the transmission shifts early and have noticed I get better gas mileage in sport mode due to the gears holding longer which keeps the engine out of boost. In normal mode the revs seem to stay below 2K and boost is upward 5-10 when loading the engine. In sport the revs stay at 2K or above and engine doesn't boost as much. My best MPG was 34.6 on a tank. Worst was 24 MPG

·
Registered
155 Posts
UPDATE

Hello All,

Wanted to provide you an update on my issues with the tires. I have battled this with the dealer and Hyundai with no resolve and in the end I bought a new set of Michelin Pilot Sports which fixed the vibration issues however I now have bad brake rotors or always had them. At 70 when I hit the brakes car the steering wheel shakes and the car vibrates horribly. Car has 3500 miles and am starting to notice more issues with the car. The wind noise is getting worse on the drivers side and now when the engine starts it stumbles a bit, revs to 2K and then comes back down. I have also noticed an odd smell in the cabin when first started from the engine. Regardless of a warranty this car should not be having so many issues only a few months old. I am going to make it someone else's problem and dumping it in the next few weeks. I don't have the time to keep taking this car back to the dealership and fighting with them. I will never own or recommend a Hyundai again.

Other non critical behaviors I noticed with the car:
Transmission - Great on flat roads with no traffic. After driving 3500 miles plus commuting 80 miles a day this transmission is not for everyone. It's a bit jerky in stop and go, on steep inclines it's a nail bitter wondering if the car will roll back. Feels like the car engages the braking system and then releases when the transmission engages. Not a pleasant feeling. I live in the North Georgia mountains so this car has been put through hard driving.
Digital Dash - Get rid of the bright white gage cluster!! Blinding in the early morning! I always drive in sport mode.
Seat Fabric - Not sure it will hold up past 2 years as I have noticed wearing already
Glass Roof - I have had the rubber seals come loose and had to re-seat.
Front end - Due to the slope of this it will eat anything on the hood. Due to the design and slope of the hood line the grill passes up everything to the hood and I have many chips. Most cars have a flatter grill and hood line. Be aware.
Hyundai App - Can never get the remote start to work on the app no matter how many times I reset my PIN. Have to use the key fob
Driving behaviors - In normal mode the transmission shifts early and have noticed I get better gas mileage in sport mode due to the gears holding longer which keeps the engine out of boost. In normal mode the revs seem to stay below 2K and boost is upward 5-10 when loading the engine. In sport the revs stay at 2K or above and engine doesn't boost as much. My best MPG was 34.6 on a tank. Worst was 24 MPG
Sorry to hear all of this. The reason people buy new is to avoid all of this type of BS. Good luck with whatever you get to replace it.
I haven't noticed issues like you are describing. I have some wind noise on both front doors but nothing that I will deal with until my first oil change or more likely I will just fool around with the seals when it is warmer out. Brakes, tires, etc are vibration-free for me, just over 2k miles, over 1 month of driving. I do get the occasional roughness in the transmission, it will sometimes feel as smooth as a torque converter auto and other times you feel some vibrations like you would in a manual (which this transmission truly is since it is an automated manual vs a true torque converter automatic). It can sometimes be jerky but I run in Normal mode 95% of the time which keeps things relatively smooth. If I was worried about creep on a hill, I would probably use auto hold to avoid rolling, otherwise I have had no problem modulating on hills compared to other full auto cars/SUVs. The engine revs higher at startup just like every engine does to try and warm up faster for cleaner emissions, I haven't noticed it rev up and down for no reason or beyond what I would expect it to do.
I will certainly keep my feelers out for these issues but I am hoping for many trouble free miles, just like the 2016 Sonata PHEV that this replaced.

·
Registered
2021 Sonata N-Line
63 Posts
They say never buy a car built on Monday. Well mine was built on January 4th 2021 which is not only a Monday but right after the New Year weekend. My only complaint after 600 plus miles is the poor fit on the trunk lid and between the bumper covers and the body panels. Someone was hung over when they assembled this car. :rolleyes:
I applied the 3M Pro paint protection to the hood, front bumper cover and outside mirrors to avoid the inevitable rock chips.

·
Registered
366 Posts
They say never buy a car built on Monday. Well mine was built on January 4th 2021 which is not only a Monday but right after the New Year weekend. My only complaint after 600 plus miles is the poor fit on the trunk lid and between the bumper covers and the body panels. Someone was hung over when they assembled this car. :rolleyes:
I applied the 3M Pro paint protection to the hood, front bumper cover and outside mirrors to avoid the inevitable rock chips.
Interesting, I’ve noticed some misaligned panels/bumpers on my N Line as well.

Also want to do the clear bra, how much did that run you, shop install it or do it yourself?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Never buy a car built on Monday? Never buy a car in it’s first year. Wait until they clean up all the kinks and buy a year or two later.

21 - 40 of 76 Posts