Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am not entirely sure if the tittle above is absolutely correct but its about as good as an answer as I can give. I bought a 2021 Hyundai Elantra I believe on July 12th and was rather happy with it until the third day when, while driving, the car started to basically give me every error or problem it could. Telling me to basically check every sensor in the car. Which is scary to have happen as you're cruising down the road at 35 mph in your brand new car. The problem goes away when the car is turned off and on again though.

Needless to say I brought it in to have the dealership look at it but they basically told me they couldn't replicate the problem so there wasnt much for them to do. Which has sucked but understandable. Since then I have basically hoped it would work itself out. It has not. So some other important information about what happens. When the errors start popping up, my turn signals dont work, power steering goes, and my tachometer reads zero. However, as long as I dont stop, i still have engine power which is weird to me. I have had one instance where coming to a stop for a minute or so while i had the error's did not give me engine power when I needed to go. Im assuming it was the engine shut down thing that happens when you stop for a long period of time and couldnt restart it while it had its problem. Once I fully restarted the car, engine power was back and no errors for the rest of the day. These errors also do not seem to happen for any rhyme or reason. I can go days without having one or then have 5 times in just as many days. It only seems to happen once a day though when it does happen.

Also, I do not know if it is related but appple car play crashes all the time, as well as just stuttering. Podcasts will play for like 5 minutes and then will cut out and then come back in where it cut out. Same with music. I thought it may have been an issue with Apple car play but who knows, maybe its part of the same problem. It definitely feels like an electrical problem but I am not a car guy so Im not sure.

Im sorry if this it not the best way of describing the problems going on but i really dont know how to word it any better. I hate causing a fuss and the problems arent at a point where it can easily be shown to the dealer so I hate the idea of bringing it in, wait two hours for them to tell me they dont see any problem and then wasted a bunch of time. I am going to try to include some photos of what it looks like. I have a video but it says it doesnt allow it so I guess these will have to do. I really am curious if anyone out there might know whats happening and what I can tell them to do to fix it so please let me know if you have any helpful information. This is my first post here so I apologize for any problems with the post. Thank you

Trip computer Speedometer Car Odometer Vehicle
Speedometer Car Trip computer Odometer Vehicle

·
Registered
2021 Elantra N-Line
40 Posts
I've had an issue where my LKA will randomly pop up and say it needs checked, but nothing this severe. It sounds like a grounding issue to me. I would take it to the dealer and ask them specifically to check the ground. Grounding issues can lead to all sorts of weird issues like this. And with winter coming (I'm assuming a location with cold winters) you could end up having trouble starting if your ground is flaky and won't allow enough amps to flow. That would depend on where the grounding issue is though. When it comes to electrical on a car, it's usually the ground that will be your issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've had an issue where my LKA will randomly pop up and say it needs checked, but nothing this severe. It sounds like a grounding issue to me. I would take it to the dealer and ask them specifically to check the ground. Grounding issues can lead to all sorts of weird issues like this. And with winter coming (I'm assuming a location with cold winters) you could end up having trouble starting if your ground is flaky and won't allow enough amps to flow. That would depend on where the grounding issue is though. When it comes to electrical on a car, it's usually the ground that will be your issue.
Thank you, that is at least somewhere to start! I'm going to ask them to look at it again when I go in for my first oil change and just trying to gather some information so I may be able to help them find the problem!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ghey need to run update on emc, that happen to me in my 2019 few weeks before i traded it. It got stuck in update where shut off car while it was updating it or just froze.

Go to another deal if you can video it.

·
Registered
2021 Elantra Ultimate Tech | 2013 Elantra GL
126 Posts
So I am not entirely sure if the tittle above is absolutely correct but its about as good as an answer as I can give. I bought a 2021 Hyundai Elantra I believe on July 12th and was rather happy with it until the third day when, while driving, the car started to basically give me every error or problem it could. Telling me to basically check every sensor in the car. Which is scary to have happen as you're cruising down the road at 35 mph in your brand new car. The problem goes away when the car is turned off and on again though.

Needless to say I brought it in to have the dealership look at it but they basically told me they couldn't replicate the problem so there wasnt much for them to do. Which has sucked but understandable. Since then I have basically hoped it would work itself out. It has not. So some other important information about what happens. When the errors start popping up, my turn signals dont work, power steering goes, and my tachometer reads zero. However, as long as I dont stop, i still have engine power which is weird to me. I have had one instance where coming to a stop for a minute or so while i had the error's did not give me engine power when I needed to go. Im assuming it was the engine shut down thing that happens when you stop for a long period of time and couldnt restart it while it had its problem. Once I fully restarted the car, engine power was back and no errors for the rest of the day. These errors also do not seem to happen for any rhyme or reason. I can go days without having one or then have 5 times in just as many days. It only seems to happen once a day though when it does happen.

Also, I do not know if it is related but appple car play crashes all the time, as well as just stuttering. Podcasts will play for like 5 minutes and then will cut out and then come back in where it cut out. Same with music. I thought it may have been an issue with Apple car play but who knows, maybe its part of the same problem. It definitely feels like an electrical problem but I am not a car guy so Im not sure.

Im sorry if this it not the best way of describing the problems going on but i really dont know how to word it any better. I hate causing a fuss and the problems arent at a point where it can easily be shown to the dealer so I hate the idea of bringing it in, wait two hours for them to tell me they dont see any problem and then wasted a bunch of time. I am going to try to include some photos of what it looks like. I have a video but it says it doesnt allow it so I guess these will have to do. I really am curious if anyone out there might know whats happening and what I can tell them to do to fix it so please let me know if you have any helpful information. This is my first post here so I apologize for any problems with the post. Thank you

View attachment 463107 View attachment 463106
With something this bad, engine codes have to be getting set. If Hyundai can't or won't acknowledge the problem, I'd look at the lemon laws in your area and initiate a claim. That'll get their attention. Ridiculous on a brand new car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I Had the same exact thing happen to my 2021 Hyundai Elantra N Line. Basically I disconnected the battery for 5min then reconnected it and the car started. I am going to take it to dealership and see if they can solve this issue. I will update.....

·
Registered
2021 Elantra N Line | 6MT | Phantom Black
114 Posts
A few weeks ago, I had wet leaves covered my car as it was parked outside of my garage. Anyhow, I did get an alert message on my dashboard and read (on other forums) that if there is something covering the bumper, it may trigger false alerts. Sure enough, I had some wet leaves on the bumper and removed them. The alert message disappeared. Not sure if you have any debris, dirt, bird poo, on your bumper?

Speedometer Trip computer Odometer Plant Vehicle

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Elantra 2.0N/A IVT
66 Posts
I spoke to a Hyundai Tech a few weeks back.
These sensors are INCREDIBLY sensitive to everything, ensure your sensor is clear of ANY debris

·
Registered
2018.5 Hyundai Sonata Limited 2.0T+
38 Posts
Yes, make sure your sensors are clear like others have said. But most importantly, do try to get it on video when it occurs and then bring it back to the dealer each and every time it does occurs, they will get tired of you and eventually they WILL deal with the problem. Ask them to have a tech drive it for more than 5 minutes to better try to replicate the problem, because that’s usually all the time they dedicate to test driving. Happened to us in 2017 with an intermittent transmission issue on our 2014 Santa Fe, they said they couldn’t replicate it and basically too bad 🤷🏻‍♀️ But we video recorded what was happening and remained persistent. They finally had a mechanic drive it for a longer ride and it finally happened for them too! Turned out they couldn’t quite figure what was causing the issue so instead of trying to repair something they didn’t know what’s as wrong with and instead of giving us a rebuilt one, they installed a brand new transmission in a three year old car, which breathed new life into it! Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you all for the advice! The problems have slowed down a lot but tend to happen at lower levels of fuel in the tank for whatever reason. I dont know if it is related or not. I will check and make sure any of the sensors are clear of debris. Gettting my oil changed soon so maybe I can get it to happen on my way to the dealership.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I suspect a major recall is coming along with lawsuits and another boat load of bad publicity for Hyundai. Which on top of the engine problems, isn't going to be winning customers.

·
Registered
1 Posts

View attachment 463107 View attachment 463106
Hi
I am having same issue.
Can u please tell!
Whats the problem and how to fix it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had the same issue happened to my 2021 SEL over the summer on a very hot / humid day. Car drove fine to the gym but after starting it an hour later every possible error appeared. It was late in the day and dealership was already closed. I left a car on the parking lot and was planning to tow it in the morning. But to my surprise it started just fine next morning and this problem has not re-appeared since that time. With so much electronics in the current cars, I suspect that some sensors overheated and caused this. It is still troubling as I never had this happened with any of my previous cars and makes me worry about Hyundai reliability.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Had the same issue happened to my 2021 SEL over the summer on a very hot / humid day. Car drove fine to the gym but after starting it an hour later every possible error appeared. It was late in the day and dealership was already closed. I left a car on the parking lot and was planning to tow it in the morning. But to my surprise it started just fine next morning and this problem has not re-appeared since that time. With so much electronics in the current cars, I suspect that some sensors overheated and caused this. It is still troubling as I never had this happened with any of my previous cars and makes me worry about Hyundai reliability.
It should, too. I'm especially worried, since I've got everything you can get on my trim. I hope they find out what the issue is soon.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Number

There is official campaign for update out in Korea. Just found letter sent to owners. I assume you will get update at next dealer visit unless you make seperate appointment. I think mine applies as well if it's up to 2021 Jun 2nd builds.

• Various malfunction lights on
  • RPM, backup camera, sensors, hazard flashers don't work
  • gear indicator always shows "D" no matter what gear you are in

Also applies to Elantra N line. New version number I'm seeing is 106. Campaign number 827.CN7.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts