Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time I fuel my Santa Fe (4WD 2.7L Auto Trans) it's very hard to start and to keep running for a couple of minutes, it will die if I don't keep the idle high.
This only happens when I get gas, no other time. I don't overfill the tank.
Any ideas as to what is causing this? Thanks

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Every time I fuel my Santa Fe (4WD 2.7L Auto Trans) it's very hard to start and to keep running for a couple of minutes, it will die if I don't keep the idle high.
This only happens when I get gas, no other time. I don't overfill the tank.
Any ideas as to what is causing this? Thanks
Change out your purge control valve. Very common problem.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I changed the purge control valve and cleaned the throttle body then went and fueled again and it started right up so that must have been it. I don't know if the bad purge control valve could cause bad gas mileage or if I have another new issue but I only got 12 MPG since the last fill up on Monday and today. Any thoughts on this MPG issue?
Thanks for the help.
P.S. I don't know how I messed up the year 2002 in the subject but I cant find how to edit my post to correct it.

Change out your purge control valve. Very common problem.

G

·
12 mpg is about what I was getting due to faulty maf sensor. great pollution control they got in these modern cars. To get 12 mpg in my old chevy a piston would have had to go thru the block. Anyways, check engine light may not get set for maf headed towards failure. you can check out the operation of the maf with a digital VOM by backprobing the connector on the maf. go to https://www.hyundaitechinfo.com/ for complete info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts