Hyundai Forums banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
dipyourcar.com has plastidip hyperdip which is shiny right out of the aerosol can. i plan on using that

Oh wow, cool, thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Updates since purchase
20 inch STR wheels
Carbon door handles
Carbon fiber mirrors
Painted calipers red
Matte black plasti dip on sonata badge and sonata letters on trunk
Footwell lighting
Red Hyundai floor mats

View attachment 453959 View attachment 453959 View attachment 453960

THIS BIHHH CLEAN! Im trying to trick out my 2020 Glowing Yellow SEL PLUS any suggestions? Putting some Black 19s on it this thursday might get them plasti dipped the same color as the paint in the future. Also I'm trying to find someone that has converted the exhaust from single to dual.

·
Registered
2021 Sonata N-Line
117 Posts
I almost removed mine today, still not warm enough though, next week S O N A T A will be long gone.

Plastidip is easy, but it’s a flat black, I would rather match the piano black accents on the car if you’re doing black. I know plastidip has a gloss topcoat spray but don’t think it’s that shiny.
S O N A T A gone replaced with N Line (not "N") emblem ;)
2021 Sonata N Line.jpg

·
Registered
2021 Sonata N-Line
117 Posts
What was the rationale for the placement? Was it visually aligned with the front badge?
I ran blue painter's tape horizontally from the bottom of the right hand Sonata "A" and parallel to the trunk lid lip . I then placed the N Line emblem to the immediate right of the "A" and lined up with the painter's tape.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Some cool new things I’ve found on eBay for the Sonata. Saw DN8 and Inspiration badging, some new wing options, looks like the tuner world is catching on a little.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Some cool new things I’ve found on eBay for the Sonata. Saw DN8 and Inspiration badging, some new wing options, looks like the tuner world is catching on a little.
tauroauto.com seems to have a lot of stuff. I don't see anything I would add to my car though. I typically add only factory accessories and keep things real clean, will only add something if it basically looks like it should have been that way from the factory. All of these add-ons seem pretty tacky in my opinion but obviously I am aware that many others like these kind of accessories, they wouldn't exist if there wasn't a market for them.

·
Registered
507 Posts
tauroauto.com seems to have a lot of stuff. I don't see anything I would add to my car though. I typically add only factory accessories and keep things real clean, will only add something if it basically looks like it should have been that way from the factory. All of these add-ons seem pretty tacky in my opinion but obviously I am aware that many others like these kind of accessories, they wouldn't exist if there wasn't a market for them.
I rarely keep a car in its stock form, but the key is making tasteful upgrades or additions.

For instance the interior of my N Line, which I really like btw, has a surplus of the same grey coloring everywhere and could benefit from some new textures, or substrates mixed in for added contrast or interest. I know a lot of people would like to replace the piano black accents and possibly cover up some of the cheap hard plastic. There are no OE replacements for stuff like that. But I’m talking more about custom parts that would be one offs.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I rarely keep a car in its stock firm, but the key is making tasteful upgrades or additions.

For instance the interior of my N Line, which I really like btw, has a surplus of the same grey coloring everywhere and could benefit from some new textures, or substrates mixed in for added contrast or interest. I know a lot of people would like to replace the piano black accents and possibly cover up some of the cheap hard plastic. There are no OE replacements for stuff like that. But I’m talking more about custom parts that would be one offs.
Yeah, I have seen your other posts, looks nice and I guess along the lines of what I would potentially modify. Completely agree on it being "tasteful" and for that means someone would confuse it for stock. What I saw on that site for the most part, was not though. Looked like stuff a 3rd or 4th owner would slap on 10+ years down the road.

·
Registered
507 Posts
So you didn't have any issues removing it with the trunk release being embedded? I've been wanting to do this for months but am scared because of that reason.
You don’t remove emblems to plastidip them. You spray them directly on the car and just tape everything around it to get all the overspray. Then peel the spray around it and the plastidip stays on the emblem. It’s magical.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I will probably be doing my rear emblem monday and removing the SONATA lettering and adding an N Line badge. I will take step by step pics along the way and post them on the forum

·
Registered
18 Posts
Have the Hampton grey as well. It's an amazing color, in bright light it's really light grey, in lower light it's totally different, and dark it looks different again, hard to explain but I really like it.

Only thing I've added in the 2 weeks I've owned her is an n-line badge on the trunk. Thought it strange the badges were everywhere but the back

41 - 60 of 73 Posts