Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
what did you do with the stock rims/tires? i would like to get a full size spare, perhaps some other owners would take one, too

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
what did you do with the stock rims/tires? i would like to get a full size spare, perhaps some other owners would take one, too
I currently have one of the full size 18in rims in the trunk in place of the donut. The other 3 are in my shed. Holding on to them for when I take a long road trip or wanna take off the custom rims.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
I currently have one of the full size 18in rims in the trunk in place of the donut. The other 3 are in my shed. Holding on to them for when I take a long road trip or wanna take off the custom rims.
so, the tire fits with no problems? that is good to know.

·
Registered
2020 Sonata Luxury in Quartz White on Black
14 Posts
Sick car! The mods really suit the sporty gray color. What % tints did you get?

I have also been contemplating covering those ugly calipers. Is there a reason you painted it vs getting covers?

·
Registered
2020 Sonata Limited, St. Seas Blue, Camel Leather
26 Posts
how did you get the calipers red?
Saw your picture and cried a little :cry: I wanted the metallic red but didn't like the grey leather so I went with stormy seas blue instead. I love the blue and it really looks fantastic in the sun, but the car looks so good in red!!! Bet the calipers red would be awesome!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Sick car! The mods really suit the sporty gray color. What % tints did you get?

I have also been contemplating covering those ugly calipers. Is there a reason you painted it vs getting covers?
Thank you.
I believe I went 20% but can't remember. I've always painted my calipers over just covers no particular reason just the route I went.

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Sonata
33 Posts
Updates since purchase
20 inch STR wheels
Carbon door handles
Carbon fiber mirrors
Painted calipers red
Matte black plasti dip on sonata badge and sonata letters on trunk
Footwell lighting
Red Hyundai floor mats

8BE4BC8B-10EE-4A99-B2CB-F8DFBB1462CF.jpeg

·
Registered
507 Posts
I thought about the idea of applying white to the top half of my black mirrors. I would need to do a little photoshop and see. (I have the quartz white turbo)
IMO they look better black, don’t understand why people prefer color matched mirrors, if left black they disappear and visually look more subtle. If you want, add a carbon fiber wrap to the top. I plan on wrapping the top part of my mirrors with a forged carbon vinyl along with my door handles, and a few other pieces that are gloss black for some added visual texture and break up some of that piano black.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I'm thinking of just taking off all of the chrome lettering/logo totally off. It appears that they are just peel and stick, anyone think of a downside?
You can remove the S O N A T A lettering off the tailgate (which I highly recommend) but you cannot remove the rear or front (obviously) Hyundai emblems. The rear emblem is connected somehow to the trunk release button, I wouldn't mess with it. I’m going to wrap my Hyundai rear emblem in a forged carbon fiber film I plan on wrapping a few other parts in once spring is here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
How durable is it? For example, heavy rain over a week. Is it something you have to periodically redo?
Before I bought my 2020 Sonata SEL I had used PlastiDip on my accord, 4 years no issues with it, use the base, the outer coat spray, and clean it with a cloth. Though I used carwashes and never came off or peeled.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Before I bought my 2020 Sonata SEL I had used PlastiDip on my accord, 4 years no issues with it, use the base, the outer coat spray, and clean it with a cloth. Though I used carwashes and never came off or peeled.
I would personally wrap it with a gloss black vinyl film so it matches the other piano black accents, It’s more difficult obviously. Wrapping smaller intricate parts can be a pain in the arse, there’s a definite learning curve, not everyone can do it. But if done correctly it will last quite a while. Plastidip is much easier, but not as durable as a vinyl wrap.

·
Registered
56 Posts
You can remove the S O N A T A lettering off the tailgate (which I highly recommend) but you cannot remove the rear or front (obviously) Hyundai emblems. The rear emblem is connected somehow to the trunk release button, I wouldn't mess with it. I’m going to wrap my Hyundai rear emblem in a forged carbon fiber film I plan on wrapping a few other parts in once spring is here.
Great info!!! After I posted this I got to thinking about the trunk latch button and decided "maybe not".

·
Registered
507 Posts
I plan on plasi-dipping my rear hyundai logo badge, but i am going to remove the sonata letters
I almost removed mine today, still not warm enough though, next week S O N A T A will be long gone.

Plastidip is easy, but it’s a flat black, I would rather match the piano black accents on the car if you’re doing black. I know plastidip has a gloss topcoat spray but don’t think it’s that shiny.

·
Registered
110 Posts
dipyourcar.com has plastidip hyperdip which is shiny right out of the aerosol can. i plan on using that

21 - 40 of 73 Posts