Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Nice mods. Congrats!
The SEL plus has a few nice sporty features that my Limited doesn’t. Particularly the black mirror caps and metal pedals. I can see myself switching the mirror caps down the line.

When I was purchasing my Sonata, the dealership also had an SEL Plus for sale that they modded to jack up the price. They painted the roof black (which wouldn’t be necessary if it had the sunroof). They also blacked out the rear emblems and the wheels were painted all gloss black. The black wheels were my favorite mod on the car. I was tempted to ask about it but didn’t want to add to the price and wasn’t sure how they would wear over the long term. Maybe one day.

·
Registered
2020 Sonata SEL Plus (+Tech Package)
503 Posts
Very cool. I almost bought that color. You did exactly what fits that color. Impressive.

Here's me exploring mudguards.

Reactions: pmkeitt

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Sonata Limited
422 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Sport 2.0T
1,789 Posts
How did you get them off and then back on? I took the "Sonata" off my last one and they weren't going back on.
You do PlastiDip with the parts on the car. The excess just peels off leaving only the emblem covered.

Look up on Plasti Dip or DipYourCar - World Famous Peelable Auto Paint Also a lot of You tube.

You cant hurt anything as it peels off if you dont like it. Ive used it to see what something will look like blacked out and then if I like it peel it and paint it. I have used a lot of Dupli Color "Black Chrome " paint on my Harley and the front emblem on my Sonata and it holds up well.

If you want something more durable than Plasti Dip but still peels off look at "Superwrap" it is a spray vinyl Superwrap | Sprayable Vinyl Wrap

·
Registered
2020 Sonata SEL Premium/Sunroof
92 Posts
You do PlastiDip with the parts on the car. The excess just peels off leaving only the emblem covered.

Look up on Plasti Dip or DipYourCar - World Famous Peelable Auto Paint Also a lot of You tube.

You cant hurt anything as it peels off if you dont like it. Ive used it to see what something will look like blacked out and then if I like it peel it and paint it. I have used a lot of Dupli Color "Black Chrome " paint on my Harley and the front emblem on my Sonata and it holds up well.

If you want something more durable than Plasti Dip but still peels off look at "Superwrap" it is a spray vinyl Superwrap | Sprayable Vinyl Wrap
Thanks. What I was looking for.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How did you get them off and then back on? I took the "Sonata" off my last one and they weren't going back on.
I never took them off. Look up a YouTube video with applying plasti dip to car emblems you don’t remove them

·
Registered
503 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
How durable is it? For example, heavy rain over a week. Is it something you have to periodically redo?
Pretty durable, did 5 coats and haven’t had a problem yet. No peeling or marking. Been through different car washes used pressure washer(not directly up close) no problems.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Pretty durable, did 5 coats and haven’t had a problem yet.
I thought about the idea of applying white to the top half of my black mirrors. I would need to do a little photoshop and see. (I have the quartz white turbo)

1 - 20 of 73 Posts