Hyundai Forums banner

81 - 100 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
cash price was 33540. total, incl all taxes and fees, 35378.62. then, 0%, 1000 rebate. but they gave a huge trade in, on a car that i was concerned we would have a hard time getting rid of. light hail damage(1500), and 4 past claims. from what i could find out, trade in value was around 6k. i contacted several dealers online, and was getting trade in quotes as low as 3500. i would have been really happy with 6k trade in, but they gave 9500. i was floored. so i wrote a check for another 3k, total financed at 0%, 21878.40, 60 mo. and also first payment delayed 120 days. we no longer care if we get the best deal out there, but for us, this was a good one

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Limited White
did my deal this morning
msrp 34530
discount 3383
Selling price 31146
1500 rebate total sell price 29 646
Had a trade but it was 2001 kbb of 1000 they gave me 750
tax 2068
title 35
doc fees 250
31250 out the door
feel It was a good deal

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
there's a lotta other things that come in to play. in our case, i wanted to get a bigger car that had all the blind spot stuff. as i age, i notice that i am beginning to slow down, and since we no longer work, driving in traffic is not as easy as when we were commuting. drivers now seem to be a lot more agressive. also, we had a 2016 elantra with light hail damage, and i wanted to get rid of it. i was willing to take a minimum of 5k, then add cash to get the total price down to about 25k, that would put our payments at under 420/mo. i also wanted vented seats. so, that day when we drove the sonata, we really liked it. and when the dealer gave us 9500 for the trade, i thought we got a great deal. if i didnt have the car to trade, and was just going price/financing, i would have looked further

·
Registered
244 Posts
Limited White
did my deal this morning
msrp 34530
discount 3383
Selling price 31146
1500 rebate total sell price 29 646
Had a trade but it was 2001 kbb of 1000 they gave me 750
tax 2068
title 35
doc fees 250
31250 out the door
feel It was a good deal
and that folks is how you list "what you paid" for a car.. Nicely done!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sticker price on car was $34, 970. My price was $31,250. I qualified for $500 previous owner discount and took the zero percent financing for 6 years. So, in this case, had I not taken the financing I could have lowered the price by another $1500ish. If I was first responder could have gotten ANOTHER $500 off. I also never left my house and negotiated the deal with my dealer through email and they even dropped the car off for me rather than driving the hour to them.
How do you prove you're a previous owner? Do you have to show the title?

And did you know they would deliver the car beforehand? How do you search for dealers that would do that? I checked the websites of the dealerships nearby and they only say "local" delivery or delivery within 20 miles etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys.
Hampton grey Limited with grey interior(exact thing I wanted)

In texas
-
$32,000 after Taxes and fees (OTD, also I was only negotiating OTD price, not how it was broken down or what they had it listed for. But I have a sheet with the breakdown if anyone is curious)

about 24k financed after cash down

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey guys.

In texas
-
$32,000 after Taxes and fees (OTD, also I was only negotiating OTD price, not how it was broken down or what they had it listed for. But I have a sheet with the breakdown if anyone is curious)

Nice, congrats! I think that's a good price!

I recently saw someone on reddit also got a limited for $32K in Texas. Or maybe it was you. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
It’s me. Just posting to help people or give advice to anyone.

other things to note. I’m just a normal guy. No previous Hyundai. So no $500 offers. I know the $1500 rebate was apart of the pricing off the top.

·
Registered
244 Posts
How do you prove you're a previous owner? Do you have to show the title?

And did you know they would deliver the car beforehand? How do you search for dealers that would do that? I checked the websites of the dealerships nearby and they only say "local" delivery or delivery within 20 miles etc.
Hyundai keeps records. As far as dealers, ASK! My dealership is only 32 miles away but it is a solid 45-60 minute drive to get there depending on traffic.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hey guys.

In texas
-

And now we are back to random numbers that are useless for the sake of comparison....

·
Registered
5 Posts
And now we are back to random numbers that are useless for the sake of comparison....
I don’t understand how it’s random?

I gave you my state and the final price after my states taxes WITHOUT Any cash down

Not sure what you are looking for? Ask questions?

Figure out a price you would like to pay after your states tax, act like you don’t have cash down. Get to said price

as stated I only negotiated OTD prices with dealerships.

(the window sticker reads 34,940 BEFORE taxes)

my negotiated price not including any of my cash down was 32,000 AFTER Texas taxes and any fees.

let me know what info you need that’ll help you!!

·
Registered
2012 Sonata 2.0t Ltd & 2020 Palisade Ltd
417 Posts
I don’t understand how it’s random?

I gave you my state and the final price after my states taxes WITHOUT Any cash down

Not sure what you are looking for? Ask questions?

Figure out a price you would like to pay after your states tax, act like you don’t have cash down. Get to said price

as stated I only negotiated OTD prices with dealerships.

(the window sticker reads 34,940 BEFORE taxes)

my negotiated price not including any of my cash down was 32,000 AFTER Texas taxes and any fees.

let me know what info you need that’ll help you!!
The point is that providing the OTD price (meaning after taxes and fees) is not useful as a point of comparison on this forum. You may have chosen to negotiate the OTD price because that worked for you, but it doesn't help anyone else. That's because taxes and fees are different for everyone and outside of our control. Same with trade-in value and down payment: that's not relevant to the comparison.

The data that is helpful to share is this:
  • Price on your window sticker
  • Price the dealer agreed to after discounts (but not incentives)
  • Incentives you qualified for
If you add accessories beyond what is listed on the window sticker, it's also not terribly relevant, but can be mentioned separately.

Why list the incentives separately? Because they're usually from Hyundai Coporate and advertised as such. A dealer doesn't haggle on those as a result. They haggle on the discount, which is the important part.

That way, we're all comparing apples to apples instead of oranges: MRSP, discount from dealer, incentives. But taxes, fees, trade-in, down payment, add-ons... all of these are unique to each buyer and don't help others find a good deal.

Oh and mention your dealers by name, guys. Particularly if you got a good deal. Or a real bad one!

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Sonata Limited
39 Posts
We're looking for MSRP and Negotiated Sales Price of vehicle. This is the only true way to compare deals across the country. I'd love to compare my deal with yours, but I don't pay TX Taxes.

The only thing we all have in common is that we bought a car with a sticker (MSRP) on it, and the dealership put an adjusted price on a price sheet. MSRP - adjusted price = discount.

I'm happy for all of you getting your deals and stuff, and a few of us here aren't trying to be critical in a negative way. We just can't evaluate your numbers.

I dunno- maybe we should have two threads, one for discount prices paid, and one for people who are only interested in sharing their OTD or monthly pmts. Seems to be two group of people on the boards.

Hope you don't take this wrong. Like I said, happy you got the deal you wanted, sir!

·
Registered
5 Posts
@Eric2203 @Robmtx

Just went off thread title or majority of responses. I didn’t provide the info because I didn’t negotiate that way. But I will take a glance at my price breakdown.

Also no matter my state, I would’ve wanted 32k(pick your own number) or less walking out of the dealership. I could’ve been in NY, or CA.

But anyway. Don’t attack next time and just explain what you personally would like to see. To you OTD negotiation might be pointless. To someone else it might strike something in them

That ended up being the best way to negotiate for me as I only qualified for the $1500 rebate

price breakdown:

MSRP - 33,500
Cargo package - $185
Carpeted floor mats - $165
Rear bumper appliqué - $70
Wheel locks - $55
Inland freight and handling: $975
-
list price On my document is said to be - $31,232
Rebate - $1500
which made the price 29,732

purchased at Hley Hyundai of Burleson.

They got 2 of my vehicle, everything the same. I purchased before they could even take pictures of the car but I think they ended up listing the other at 32,400 on the site.

hope this helps. Open to any other questions!!

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Sonata Limited
39 Posts
MSRP - $34,950
Discount - $3,718
Sale Price - $31,232
Discount - 10.6%
Boom, you got a good deal, sir. HUZZAH!

p.s. welcome to the forums. I'm relatively new here too. Would love to have you stay and join in the conversations about our wonderful Sonatas!

·
Registered
2012 Sonata 2.0t Ltd & 2020 Palisade Ltd
417 Posts
@Eric2203 @Robmtx

Just went off thread title or majority of responses. I didn’t provide the info because I didn’t negotiate that way. But I will take a glance at my price breakdown.

Also no matter my state, I would’ve wanted 32k(pick your own number) or less walking out of the dealership. I could’ve been in NY, or CA.

But anyway. Don’t attack next time and just explain what you personally would like to see. To you OTD negotiation might be pointless. To someone else it might strike something in them

That ended up being the best way to negotiate for me as I only qualified for the $1500 rebate

price breakdown:

MSRP - 33,500
Cargo package - $185
Carpeted floor mats - $165
Rear bumper appliqué - $70
Wheel locks - $55
Inland freight and handling: $975
-
list price On my document is said to be - $31,232
Rebate - $1500
which made the price 29,732

purchased at Hley Hyundai of Burleson.

They got 2 of my vehicle, everything the same. I purchased before they could even take pictures of the car but I think they ended up listing the other at 32,400 on the site.

hope this helps. Open to any other questions!!
Thanks for posting. I'll just comment that if the accessories are on the window sticker (instead of added by you), you can just list the total, and do include the freight and handling. In other words, the price on the bottom of the window sticker.

I wasn't the one who attacked you, for the record. I was just explaining why OTD doesn't work on a forum, which I thought would be more helpful. And like I said, it's totally fine if you negotiated that way if it works for you.

81 - 100 of 102 Posts