Hyundai Forums banner

61 - 80 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
lmao. 31k seems too high with a trade in, even if it is all jacked up. i was offered $2000 for my car with hail damage, a dented fender, a chipped windshield, and 80k miles... decided to give it to my dad instead since everything about it is still "okay"
So did you end up getting the 2020 for 30K otd like u mentioned in one of your 3 other posts on this forum? Hope you got it and enjoying the ride. If not this 4th post from you is def not helping with comparisons.

·
Registered
2012 Sonata 2.0t Ltd & 2020 Palisade Ltd
417 Posts
Not addressing anyone in particular here... For comparisons, it is better to post the price before trade-in, taxes and fees. But do include the discounts!

That is because trade-in value will be different for everyone. Same with taxes and fees, which are different depending on locations (some states regulate fees, others don’t).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Great suggestion @Eric2203 . This is not a competition. Feel free to post what you paid instead of "dream customer" or "lmao". Pls don't let folks ruin your new car experience becoz they got a "quote" lower than what you already paid.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Cconklin1..awww thanks for the concern. Since you underpaid..guess the it's even. Thanks for having our back.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks, but I am good. I purchased a 2020. Sticker was $34,970. Price before TTL was $30,990 with the zero percent financing. I could have gotten another $1500 off but I preferred the 0%. Only benefit I got was the $500 previous hyundai owner.
$30,990 plus ttl is still more than the avg price in Illinois. I didn't want to take this route and piss on ur parade but you seem to mouth around the forums unwarranted on multiple accounts. Your buddy Kirkland from Costco is paying $500 less than what you paid according to the quote he got. Try the $500 rebate from bonus drive which might help since you overpaid and get you off the hate train. Good luck.

·
Registered
244 Posts
lol, for someone who says this is "not a competition" you seem to contradict yourself.
"hate train"? where does that come from?
and you seem to mouth around the forums unwarranted on multiple accounts?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Can you give specifics limited? no trade? Tax rate? I am thinking of going with a 31000 offer at 6.75% no trade
LOL, I tried to get people to give detailed info, but gave up. everybody just posts "otd" which is pretty meaningless for the sake of comparisons. 6.75% interest is flat out fucking crazy though..

·
Registered
37 Posts
LOL, I tried to get people to give detailed info, but gave up. everybody just posts "otd" which is pretty meaningless for the sake of comparisons. 6.75% interest is flat out fucking crazy though..

30.4k out the door at the dealership.. taxes are paid at the dmv. happy? prices paid excluding taxes and vehicle trade in price should be the only relevant information.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Can you give specifics limited? no trade? Tax rate? I am thinking of going with a 31000 offer at 6.75% no trade
no trade in as mentioned, taxes are paid at the dmv. so the price of the vehicle at the dealership was just 30.4k.

if you want to include tag tax then the price was 31.5k... but i've never heard of anyone talk about the price of their vehicle and then include the price of their tag with it.

·
Registered
266 Posts
no trade in as mentioned, taxes are paid at the dmv. so the price of the vehicle at the dealership was just 30.4k.

if you want to include tag tax then the price was 31.5k... but i've never heard of anyone talk about the price of their vehicle and then include the price of their tag with it.
That's an awesome deal! I wrote a check for just over $35k OTD (NJ tax and tags included) back in December (no trade), and back then that was an awesome deal!. Congrats and enjoy (y)
BTW, I used the suggestions on this site to get my price. For me, only negotiating for the OTD price was the way to go. I really didn't care what came before this, because I was paying with cash (check) and didn't have a trade. When I found a dealer that had the exact car I wanted, including trim and color combination with the lowest OTD price, they "won" my business. Good luck everyone! Sounds like there are some incredible deals out there right now. YMMV.

·
Registered
244 Posts
30.4k out the door at the dealership.. taxes are paid at the dmv. happy? prices paid excluding taxes and vehicle trade in price should be the only relevant information.
No, for the sake of doing true comparisons in price, much more info is needed my young padawan. :)

1. Did you take the 0% financing currently available? If so then you did NOT get the $1500 that Hyundai is offering.

2. Other discounts need to be disclosed. First responder $500, previous Hyundai owner $500. All of these affect the Final price. In IL and some states you pay sales tax on the rebate too! So that affects price as well.

3. Dealer add ons? Some dealers LOVE to add a "convenience" package for morons....I mean customers. My dealer has one such package with "vehicle etching, wheel locks, door and wheel molding protectors, a pin stripe and my favorite... NITROGEN filled tires with green valve caps" that they add to nearly every vehicle on their lot for either $399 or $499!

4. taxes and plates are paid for at the dealership in IL and many states and, obviously, differ in cost and should not be counted in the price. Are we supposed to GUESS your 30.4 OTD was exclusive of plates and taxes? You said " i've never heard of anyone talk about the price of their vehicle and then include the price of their tag with it "? LOL, have you READ this thread?

Here's an example:
Sticker price on car was $34, 970. My price was $31,250. I qualified for $500 previous owner discount and took the zero percent financing for 6 years. So, in this case, had I not taken the financing I could have lowered the price by another $1500ish. If I was first responder could have gotten ANOTHER $500 off. I also never left my house and negotiated the deal with my dealer through email and they even dropped the car off for me rather than driving the hour to them.

·
Registered
244 Posts

And WTF do you live that your taxes are only a little over a grand on a $30,000 purchase, that's less than 4%! sheesh..

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Sonata Limited
39 Posts
I second the motion to post the MSRP plus the negotiated sales price before tt&l, incentives, trades, etc. - OTD pricing and Monthly PMT do not tell us enough about your deal.

I lease, so the sales price on a lease agreement is called the Gross Capitalized cost. They legally list the "agreed upon value of the Vehicle".. This is BEFORE they add the Acquisition Fee. This is what number leasers should state, when stating "prices paid"

on a lease: MSRP-GrossCap=Discount | Discount/MSRP=Percent Discount
Example for MSRP $34,785 with GrossCap of $31,325
34785-31325=3460 | 3460/34785 = 9.95%
This example sold for 9.95% under MSRP

For those of you who finance, is there a similar number, maybe on the Agreement somewhere in the section that states how your monthly payment is determined? What is that called on your agreement?

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
cash price was 33540. total, incl all taxes and fees, 35378.62. then, 0%, 1000 rebate. but they gave a huge trade in, on a car that i was concerned we would have a hard time getting rid of. light hail damage(1500), and 4 past claims. from what i could find out, trade in value was around 6k. i contacted several dealers online, and was getting trade in quotes as low as 3500. i would have been really happy with 6k trade in, but they gave 9500. i was floored. so i wrote a check for another 3k, total financed at 0%, 21878.40, 60 mo. and also first payment delayed 120 days. we no longer care if we get the best deal out there, but for us, this was a good one

61 - 80 of 102 Posts