Hyundai Forums banner

41 - 60 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
i am told first responder and military rebates will be $1000 for memorial day and that is it. No other changes.
Booooooo

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just got sel plus with tech package today. Msrp 31,000.

I could get it down to 28,000 with military rebate.

I could get it down to 26,000 ish without 0% APR but I chose the one with 0% APR and did 28,000.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I just got sel plus with tech package today. Msrp 31,000.

I could get it down to 28,000 with military rebate.

I could get it down to 26,000 ish without 0% APR but I chose the one with 0% APR and did 28,000.
ugh, did you get the $500 former hyundai owner? My current deal is $3K off mrp WITH the zero percent. Only thing I qualify for is $500 previous owner rebate, no military or anything else..

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
i have a different outlook on the purchase of our car. when i was young, our family struggled. racial minority, lotsa kids, parents worked a lot. my father was always working overtime. i worked from when i was 8. we had to live very frugally forever. always looked for the best deal, and declined lotsa nice stuff because it would put us in a bind financially. now we are a lot older, and we can afford stuff that used to be out of reach. so, we really like this car from the test drive on, and we paid msrp. they gave us a whopping deal on a trade in, which we were wanting to get rid of anyway, plus zero percent financing. it was a no hassle deal, i took the trade in for appraisal, they entered the car, deducted all the incentives, added tt&l, deducted the trade in, and gave me a monthly payment. i went back home and got my wife, returned, and we signed, and drove the new car home. looking back, we like the car so much, i probably would have gone with whatever they wanted. heck, when the hybrid finally comes out, we may get one of those, too.

·
Registered
244 Posts
i have a different outlook on the purchase of our car. when i was young, our family struggled. racial minority, lotsa kids, parents worked a lot. my father was always working overtime. i worked from when i was 8. we had to live very frugally forever. always looked for the best deal, and declined lotsa nice stuff because it would put us in a bind financially. now we are a lot older, and we can afford stuff that used to be out of reach. so, we really like this car from the test drive on, and we paid msrp. they gave us a whopping deal on a trade in, which we were wanting to get rid of anyway, plus zero percent financing. it was a no hassle deal, i took the trade in for appraisal, they entered the car, deducted all the incentives, added tt&l, deducted the trade in, and gave me a monthly payment. i went back home and got my wife, returned, and we signed, and drove the new car home. looking back, we like the car so much, i probably would have gone with whatever they wanted. heck, when the hybrid finally comes out, we may get one of those, too.
You are a dealerships absolute DREAM customer! :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
ugh, did you get the $500 former hyundai owner? My current deal is $3K off mrp WITH the zero percent. Only thing I qualify for is $500 previous owner rebate, no military or anything else..
No, I wasnt the former hyundai owner so I did not get that. I think if you wait around till Septemberish, you would see huge discounts because they have to make room for 2021 models.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Date purchased: 5/16/2020
Exterior color: Portofino Gray
Interior color: Black/Black
State: MD
Price including destination*: 33,500 Base Price + 955 Freight = 34,455 sticker - no accessories
Dearer discount - 2,893, net sales price 31,562
Took 0% financing
Dealer gave better trade-in value than CarMax appraisal (they saw CarMax appraisal)
Lot was full of 2020 Sonatas - very willing to negotiate
In Maryland, trade in value comes off of net sales price as far as 6% sales tax is concerned
They knew I was not going to sell my trade-in to CarMax and be stuck with 6% sales tax on 31,562, but they negotiated anyway and gave me more than CarMax
My first Hyundai, traded in a Mazda

·
Registered
244 Posts
Date purchased: 5/16/2020
Exterior color: Portofino Gray
Interior color: Black/Black
State: MD
Price including destination*: 33,500 Base Price + 955 Freight = 34,455 sticker - no accessories
Dearer discount - 2,893, net sales price 31,562
Took 0% financing
Dealer gave better trade-in value than CarMax appraisal (they saw CarMax appraisal)
Lot was full of 2020 Sonatas - very willing to negotiate
In Maryland, trade in value comes off of net sales price as far as 6% sales tax is concerned
They knew I was not going to sell my trade-in to CarMax and be stuck with 6% sales tax on 31,562, but they negotiated anyway and gave me more than CarMax
My first Hyundai, traded in a Mazda
Nice! In IL we now get screwed on our trade in if it is worth more than $10K. First $10K gets the tax break and that's it! And I can only dream of 6% tax ...

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Sonata Limited
39 Posts
Limited Leased 5/25/20
MSRP: $34,785
Dealer Discount: $3,460
Sale Price: $31,325
Incentives: Lease Cash $750, Healthcare Worker $1,000
After incentives: $29,575

·
Registered
7 Posts
Date purchased: May 30, 2020
Model: 2020 Limited
Exterior Color: Stormy Sea
Interior Color: Camel
State: AZ

Price Paid: 32,564.00

Purchased 10 year wrap on vehicle for additional cost, and tax and title fees are excluded from price above.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Date purchased: 05/18/2020
Exterior color: Calypso Red
Interior color: Black Leather
Window Sticker Price including destination*: $34,455
Price Paid: 31,000 OTD ( Price Includes Tax, title, registration and Traded a banged up 2011 Sonata GLS, Floor Mats)

·
Registered
37 Posts
i got an offer today for 30.4k otd on a 2020 limited. no trade in. the only incentive i can get is the $1500 one that everybody is getting, so that seems like a good price.

·
Registered
244 Posts
when you guys post stuff like 'OTD" that is not very helpful in doing comparisons. Likewise "$31K OTD with a trade"...just sayin...

·
Registered
21 Posts
when you guys post stuff like 'OTD" that is not very helpful in doing comparisons. Likewise "$31K OTD with a trade"...just sayin...
Unfortunately, I only negotiated an OTD price instead of piecemealing it. Hopefully it will help someone who is trading a comparable car.

·
Registered
244 Posts
yeah, well hopefully someone has a "banged up 2011 GLS with floor mats"...
You are a dealerships dream customer...

·
Registered
37 Posts

lmao. 31k seems too high with a trade in, even if it is all jacked up. i was offered $2000 for my car with hail damage, a dented fender, a chipped windshield, and 80k miles... decided to give it to my dad instead since everything about it is still "okay"

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sorry to disappoint you with my negotiating skills. I don't think your post is "helpful" either for comparisons and based on your prev comments in this thread I wish u good luck in your search for a 2020 sonata. Hope you solve ur "issue" with owning a "beautiful" 2019 sonata.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Thanks, but I am good. I purchased a 2020. Sticker was $34,970. Price before TTL was $30,990 with the zero percent financing. I could have gotten another $1500 off but I preferred the 0%. Only benefit I got was the $500 previous hyundai owner.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks, but I am good. I purchased a 2020. Sticker was $34,970. Price before TTL was $30,990 with the zero percent financing. I could have gotten another $1500 off but I preferred the 0%. Only benefit I got was the $500 previous hyundai owner.
That's great. Congrats and enjoy your ride.

41 - 60 of 102 Posts