Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon everyone,

I was looking for some guidance in regards to issues with the ambient lighting for the 2020 Sonata Limited edition. In summary, I no longer have the ambient lighting option under lighting options found under the vehicle settings area. The lights as well are no longer on. I have updated the navigation software via Hyundai navigation app to the latest version and still no luck. I have taken my vehicle to two different Hyundai dealerships and have had no luck in the issues. One service department verified that there were no software recalls and that was not the case. If anyone has had issues with this matter and had luck fixing it, help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
2020 Sonata Limited, 2021 Santa Fe Calligraphy
361 Posts
Have you tried doing the update process again--including a new download and then the install?

·
Registered
2021 Sonata N-Line
278 Posts
Good afternoon everyone,

I was looking for some guidance in regards to issues with the ambient lighting for the 2020 Sonata Limited edition. In summary, I no longer have the ambient lighting option under lighting options found under the vehicle settings area. The lights as well are no longer on. I have updated the navigation software via Hyundai navigation app to the latest version and still no luck. I have taken my vehicle to two different Hyundai dealerships and have had no luck in the issues. One service department verified that there were no software recalls and that was not the case. If anyone has had issues with this matter and had luck fixing it, help would be greatly appreciated!
The April 2021 nav update is a Linux two step process which should not have any impact on the ambient light feature.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The April 2021 nav update is a Linux two step process which should not have any impact on the ambient light feature.
So with that being said, could it be a fuse, wiring, or some other software. Unfortunately the service departments always refer me to the nav update as being the cause/solution

·
Registered
2020 Sonata Limited (Stormy Sea)
463 Posts
Here's what's in the wiring manual for my '20 Limited. I tried to include referenced pages that may be useful, but if you need more, let me know.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm having this exact issue with my 2 week old Sonata N-line. Bluelink had me reset my radio with that little button under the radio dial, since then I have no ambient lights. I've done the most recent update to the navigation system with zero luck. I know someone mentioned about a year ago having the same issue and it needing the "mood light module" replaced.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm having this exact issue with my 2 week old Sonata N-line. Bluelink had me reset my radio with that little button under the radio dial, since then I have no ambient lights. I've done the most recent update to the navigation system with zero luck. I know someone mentioned about a year ago having the same issue and it needing the "mood light module" replaced.
I think I saw that one too. Overall frustrating because now I noticed my driver side door panel isn't working (rear windows not rolling down and seat setting button not working either now). For a 2020 that just hit a year in May, so many little things popping up.

My wife also had issues with her brand new santa fe which we bought last year too and hers was in the shop for 3 weeks and still having some issues.

Might have to suggest that to the service department and see if that helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Hello, I recall you have mentioned having the issue. A recent solution was unplugging the negative side of the car battery for about 3 to 5 minutes and plugging it back in and poof, it worked

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello, I recall you have mentioned having the issue. A recent solution was unplugging the negative side of the car battery for about 3 to 5 minutes and plugging it back in and poof, it worked
I tried that and it worked on mine, happy it was a simple fix!

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Sonata Limited
74 Posts
These diagrams are great! But am I reading them correctly to understand there are separate fuses for each "mood" light? My ambient lighting is only out on my Driver's door. the rest of the lights are lit fine. I'm wondering if I just have a bad fuse.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts