Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just bought a 2020 Sonata Limited and just discovered that door seal are properly installed in the right place as a result when it rains or when I wash the car water gets trapped between the door frame and the body of the car and when I open the door water gushes out in large volumes. I had this car for one day when I discovered the problem because it rained the same day I brought the car home. I took the car back to the dealership and they wash the and had the same leaky results. The dealership called Hyundai Headquarters and was told that that is just the way the car was made that way and that there is nothing they can do about it. Hyundai need to recall this vehicle now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 2020 Sonata does the same exact thing with both back doors. This should be fixed. It's obviously a design problem. How long before the water gets into the carpets and upholstery?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2020 sonata and my back passenger side door leaks also. It doesn't seem to be going inside the car but water itis laying on the bottom of door footer

·
Registered
2020 Sonata SEL Plus (+Tech Package)
301 Posts
Hello, I just bought a 2020 Sonata Limited and just discovered that door seal are properly installed in the right place as a result when it rains or when I wash the car water gets trapped between the door frame and the body of the car and when I open the door water gushes out in large volumes. I had this car for one day when I discovered the problem because it rained the same day I brought the car home. I took the car back to the dealership and they wash the and had the same leaky results. The dealership called Hyundai Headquarters and was told that that is just the way the car was made that way and that there is nothing they can do about it. Hyundai need to recall this vehicle now.
FWIW - You might want to check out this active discussion. More info for you. I think it's the same thing, if not, very similar.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts