Hyundai Forums banner

121 - 138 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Sonata 1.6T Limited, Stormy Sea w/ tan interior.
97 Posts
Never mind... It didn't look like the link you included led to a group, but just the homepage. I see it now. My bad.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Upon further reflection and research I will completely agree with you. My apologies.

This is what im looking at for a chip.

I can't find the 100hp one angain and as a member posted below...sounds like a too good to be true. Sorry.
Has anyone tried this on their sonata? I have the 2.5L Engine tho. Not sure whether to purchase it or not :/

·
Registered
2020 Sonata Limited 1.6T , 2020 Santa Fe Limited 2.0T
9 Posts
Did my license plate and reverse LED’s this morning. 10 minutes and such a huge difference.

Waiting on trunk spoiler from eBay (shipping from Korea). Silicone plate frame from Amazon should be here Tuesday.

Ceramic tint scheduled for 8/5. Anyone tint the pano roof glass?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Did my license plate and reverse LED’s this morning. 10 minutes and such a huge difference.

Waiting on trunk spoiler from eBay (shipping from Korea). Silicone plate frame from Amazon should be here Tuesday.

Nice. I changed the license plate lights yesterday. Very easy (just be mindful of the polarity when putting in the new bulb).

Did you use the reverse lights linked earlier in this post?

Can you link the silicone plate from? I'm not familiar with that one.

·
Registered
97 Posts

Which bulb did you go with for your reverse lights? Ningle?

·
Registered
321 Posts

why in the world would you tint the pano roof???

·
Registered
2020 Sonata Limited 1.6T , 2020 Santa Fe Limited 2.0T
9 Posts
Nice. I changed the license plate lights yesterday. Very easy (just be mindful of the polarity when putting in the new bulb).

Did you use the reverse lights linked earlier in this post?

Can you link the silicone plate from? I'm not familiar with that one.
Yes, the Sirius LED ones. Here

Here's the plate frame - License Plate Frame

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Sport 2.0T
1,434 Posts
Has anyone tried this on their sonata? I have the 2.5L Engine tho. Not sure whether to purchase it or not :/
Dont waste your money none of the OBD "tuners / chips" do anything except take your money

The only way you will get more performance is to have your ECU MAP changed by a tuner, buy a flash program or use a piggy back /chip tuner like the JB4 or Uncle Lap 3 that fools the ECU into sending more fuel or minor timing changes.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Yes, the Sirius LED ones. Here

Here's the plate frame - License Plate Frame
Went with this one for $4.99

added the following to go over the plate. Tight fit, but it works and looks great.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Dont waste your money none of the OBD "tuners / chips" do anything except take your money

The only way you will get more performance is to have your ECU MAP changed by a tuner, buy a flash program or use a piggy back /chip tuner like the JB4 or Uncle Lap 3 that fools the ECU into sending more fuel or minor timing changes.
Do you know of anyone running an Uncle Lap 3 on a 2020? Curious as to see what they think of it..

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Sport 2.0T
1,434 Posts
Do you know of anyone running an Uncle Lap 3 on a 2020? Curious as to see what they think of it..
I dont know of anyone on this forum or on the KDM facebook page with a 2020 1.6T that is using a tuner ...yet. I think the model is still prety new so it will be a little while.

You could email or call both Burger Tuning (JB4) and Lap 3 (Uncle lap 3 chip or their ECU ) to be sure about compatability. I would think it will work as I think the 1.6T is the same as the previous versions. Bothe Uncle and Burger have some ver impressive results with the 1.6T as far as power gains. In the veloster and Elantra with the 1.6T they got 220 hp and 230 tq with the ECM only LAP3 ECU Tune for FS Veloster Turbo 1.6 T-GDI | LAP3
Burger Tuning has the JB4 and they are showing 60-80 hp gains with the tuner alone Kia / Hyundai Turbo JB4 Performance Tuner
Race Chip is showing 50-60 hp and 60-80 tq increeases withtheir tuners on the 1.6T Performance chips – Chip tuning by RaceChip for Hyundai Sonata VII (LFA) 1.6T (132KW) | RaceChip

But so far not showing application for the 2020 DN so you would need to talk to them to see if one for another model with the 1.6T will work

121 - 138 of 138 Posts