Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to start a thread for aftermarket accessories that anyone has or that someone may be looking for. I've seen a few accessories here and there, but more and more are becoming available. If you have any aftermarket accessories on your ride, post pics and tell us about them!

·
Registered
2020 Sonata Limited (Stormy Sea)
54 Posts
Things I've already added:
Things I still need:
  • A very short (1 ft?) USB-A to USB-C cable for connecting my phone for Android Auto without creating clutter
  • A small fan to enhance cooling on my Qi charging phone, which stops charging on hot days [idea 1] [idea 2]
  • Some sort of mount for my phone and/or tablet for watching video. Preferably one that mounts in a cup holder.

·
Registered
2020 Sonata Limited (Stormy Sea)
189 Posts
Some sort of mount for my phone and/or tablet for watching video. Preferably one that mounts in a cup holder.
Would be cool if the slot between cup holders could be used for this. I thought about 3D printing a shape to fit the slot and screwing a mount into that, but PLA melts in a hot car. I would need to get some PET or PETG material.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Would be cool if the slot between cup holders could be used for this. I thought about 3D printing a shape to fit the slot and screwing a mount into that, but PLA melts in a hot car. I would need to get some PET or PETG material.
I use the slot between the cup holders to hold my Ray-ban foldable sunglasses. The sunglasses were "free" when we ordered our Subaru Outback a few years back. They fit perfectly in the slot, how serendipitous is that? ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Things I still need:
  • A very short (1 ft?) USB-A to USB-C cable for connecting my phone for Android Auto without creating clutter
  • A small fan to enhance cooling on my Qi charging phone, which stops charging on hot days [idea 1] [idea 2]
  • Some sort of mount for my phone and/or tablet for watching video. Preferably one that mounts in a cup holder.
I bought these 6 inch cables from Amazon to try to keep that space clean. If you search make sure the cables are very flexible and not stiff. I found these to be. Because they were stiff it was difficult to keep the phone flat on the charger.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I bought these 6 inch cables from Amazon to try to keep that space clean. If you search make sure the cables are very flexible and not stiff. I found these to be. Because they were stiff it was difficult to keep the phone flat on the charger.

Also, the shorter the cable is the more annoying I found it to use the phone without untethering.

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Sonata Limited
49 Posts
Must haves for me are:
1. Magnetic phone mount - air-vent clip style. Easily grab your phone and go. And the air keeps your phone cool too!
2. Visor mounted sun-glass holder. I really don't like missing the sun-glass holder my Kia and Previous Sonata had.
3. Cup Holder coasters branded with my favorite college team...just cuz, man..

I probably need to find a good sunscreen. the one you mentioned is pretty nice but I may be in the market for a more cost effective one.

·
Registered
2020 Sonata Limited (1.6L T, with Tech Pkg)
21 Posts
Just got a 2020 last week, on the to-do list, next week are window tints and mudguards.

Thinking of getting some custom pin stripping done in the near future and weather tech floor liners.

Is anything thinking of "chipping" out theirs? Seeing supposed 100HP gains.

On a side note...I'm still not sued to the pushbuttons for putting the car into gear.

Thank you.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Things I still need:
WeatherTech makes a cup phone holder: WeatherTech CupFone | WeatherTech

Not 100% sure if it'll work in the 2020 Sonata, but it still shows up after selecting the car on the site so I'd assume it does.

·
Registered
2020 Sonata SEL Plus (+Tech Package)
464 Posts
Trial and error has left me with this one 1-foot USB 3.1 cable. I had a problem with slower cables causing the Android Auto connection to break. Big drawback to this cable is how stiff it is. I have yet to find a 12-18" cable that is more flexible and at least USB 3.0. There are plenty that are 3+ feet. I really want one that's about 6" longer and not braided. I wish you could just order custom cables!

·
Registered
2020 Sonata SEL Plus (+Tech Package)
464 Posts
Bringing this one back up from a previous post. For your center console armrest storage. They had one on Amazon a while back. There are variations. Here's one...

·
Registered
321 Posts
Just got a 2020 last week, on the to-do list, next week are window tints and mudguards.

Thinking of getting some custom pin stripping done in the near future and weather tech floor liners.

Thank you.
Yes, where do you see a chip with a 100hp gain. I already have a set of NGK spark plugs...

·
Registered
154 Posts

On a side note...I'm still not sued to the pushbuttons for putting the car into gear.

Thank you.
A 100HP gain from only a chip on a car that makes 180HP... That's a 55% gain. Sounds like one of those "doctors hate him with this one trick" ads. A stock 1.6L I4 Turbo making 280HP would sure be nice though. Wouldn't need the N Line Sonata variant anymore, and the Veloster N would be sweating bullets lol.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes, where do you see a chip with a 100hp gain. I already have a set of NGK spark plugs...

I can't find the 100hp one angain and as a member posted below...sounds like a too good to be true. Sorry.

·
Registered
21 Posts
A 100HP gain from only a chip on a car that makes 180HP... That's a 55% gain. Sounds like one of those "doctors hate him with this one trick" ads. A stock 1.6L I4 Turbo making 280HP would sure be nice though. Wouldn't need the N Line Sonata variant anymore, and the Veloster N would be sweating bullets lol.
Upon further reflection and research I will completely agree with you. My apologies.

This is what im looking at for a chip.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Bringing this one back up from a previous post. For your center console armrest storage. They had one on Amazon a while back. There are variations. Here's one...

I'm assuming this goes inside the armrest storage box. Is there still room underneath for other storage?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Ok, list of "mods" to date.
1. 30% tint all the way around
2. nice little pinstripe courtesy of dealer
3. xpel full front end/hood/quarter panel
4. cute little center console tray
5. nice padded armrest cover from the console tray guy
6. little bit of carbon fiber accents to cover the piano black
7. upgraded LED license plate bulbs
8. upgraded LED (300% better) back up bulbs
9. LED visor bulbs
10. weather tech front and rear set
11. fumoto valve (not yet installed)
12. nice rear license plate cover (not running front plate)
13. nice bubble free screen protector for the infotainment screen.
14. little rubber inserts for the armrests, door panels, cupholder
15. Qi wireless charger with 8" charging cable vent mount motorized
16. Hard wired Uniden R7 windshield mount Radar detector
17. Cobra mini dashcam behind rear view mirror
18. Front and rear mudguards

I think that about covers it... :)

1 - 20 of 138 Posts