Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot find a straight answer online so I figured I’d ask owners, the Hyundai website says sliding rear seats come standard on the limited trim but all the reviews and most videos out there says they discounted them for good for 2020? It’s obviously not a deal breaker but I’m still really curious and I don’t have a local dealership.

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited 2.0T AWD Stormy Sea
155 Posts
The sliding rear seats have been eliminated for 2020 Santa Fe in the US market. In other markets where the SF is sold as a 3 row SUV the seats still slide (obviously since it's required for access to the 3rd row). I had originally test drove a 2019 and I noticed the sliding rear seats. I ended up purchasing a 2020 several months later and was surprised to find out the sliding rear seats had been discontinued. Like you, it wasn't a deal breaker. I'd also watched a couple reviews of the 2019 where reviewers commented that the rear seats were a source of rattles when driving the car on rougher roads with no back seat passengers. The sliders may have been removed for cost savings or due to the rattles or both. I'd like to see some comments from owners of 2019 models addressing rattles from the back seats and if it's an issue. I'm just glad they kept the reclining feature since most of my back seat passengers really like it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Here's a pic I just took of our week old 2020 santa fe luxury.
No sliding rear seats.

Had them on our 2016 Santa fe, but honesly i never slid them unless I was vacuuming behind them or getting a lost toy the kids dropped through the seats and what not.

But now the rear seats can be folded remotely from the back cargo area with 2 separate buttons.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wow, what a bummer.

I have a ‘19 Ultimate, and really like the sliding and reclining second row. I have no issues with any squeaks or rattles after 27k miles.

For reference, the second row can be folded via buttons in the cargo area as well.

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited 2.0T AWD Stormy Sea
155 Posts
Wow, what a bummer.

I have a ‘19 Ultimate, and really like the sliding and reclining second row. I have no issues with any squeaks or rattles after 27k miles.

For reference, the second row can be folded via buttons in the cargo area as well.
Kind of what I figured. Most YouTube reviewers are driving press cars and I think a lot of those are pre-consumer production models.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts