Hyundai Forums banner

101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Sonata Limited
156 Posts
Yikes! Why so long??
They wanted to keep it while they wait for the parts. But they never provided an ETA. I just assumed it was because they would get them within a reasonable amount of time. They did provide a 2020 Elantra as a loner though and they said I didn't have to refill the gas. So I guess I can look at it as saving money from that perspective. I'm going to call them this week and see where they're at since I'm starting to get close to a quarter tank now.
Sounds like they're retaliating for the 1star review :)
Well if that's the case then they'll get another one haha.

·
Registered
413 Posts
They wanted to keep it while they wait for the parts. But they never provided an ETA. I just assumed it was because they would get them within a reasonable amount of time. They did provide a 2020 Elantra as a loner though and they said I didn't have to refill the gas. So I guess I can look at it as saving money from that perspective. I'm going to call them this week and see where they're at since I'm starting to get close to a quarter tank now.

Well if that's the case then they'll get another one haha.
I hope they're not taking it for a drive like the parking lot attendants from "Ferris Bueller's Day Off":sneaky:

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
on my old galant vr4 i had a greddy profec B(amongst other mods). the display would show recent boost. i took the car to a local place that does state inspections, and part of the inspection was a road test. so one of the techs takes the car out, and several minutes go by. he returns, opens the hood, and now all the techs are there looking. he then comes over, hands me the keys, and says, "man, that car is fast". so i get in and leave, and i put it in the show past boost mode, and it shows max boost(21lbs) which i rarely used. after that, whenever i took the car in for state inspection, i would reset the boost way down to like 10

·
Registered
413 Posts
TS Fay is coming through our state today. Heavy rain and wind all day long. It should provide a good test to see if any water is retained afterwards.

·
Registered
60 Posts
TS Fay is coming through our state today. Heavy rain and wind all day long. It should provide a good test to see if any water is retained afterwards.
Hah. Neighbors will think I'm crazy, but I just took my car out of the garage for awhile. Wonder how long I'll need to let it soak to get a good idea of my car has this problem.

·
Registered
2012 Sonata 2.0t Ltd & 2020 Palisade Ltd
751 Posts
Hah. Neighbors will think I'm crazy, but I just took my car out of the garage for awhile. Wonder how long I'll need to let it soak to get a good idea of my car has this problem.
Just tell your neighbors you're taking advantage of the free car wash. ;)

·
Registered
413 Posts
No water after a day of TS Fay! Yay! That makes twice we've had significant rain and no water when opening the door. Fingers-crossed it is fixed. Or at the least, much better than before the fix.

·
Registered
60 Posts
This was my first real test. I had no water in rear driver's side. I had a very slight bit on the rear passenger side. It was hardly noticeable. The vehicle I test drove prior to me buying mine was way obvious, dumping nearly a cup of water out of both doors.

Based on my experiment yesterday, I don't think I need to take mine to service.

·
Registered
120 Posts
My sonata limited had the door drain problem on the rear driver door only and after looking and comparing the gasket in the passenger side, it looks like the drain holes are in a different position. I was able to use a small set of scissors to make the drain holes slightly bigger which has solved the issue.

·
Registered
524 Posts
My sonata limited had the door drain problem on the rear driver door only and after looking and comparing the gasket in the passenger side, it looks like the drain holes are in a different position. I was able to use a small set of scissors to make the drain holes slightly bigger which has solved the issue.
I concur with this assessment 100%. I have two 2020 Sonata SEL's/w Convenience Pkg. Identical cars except for color. One was purchased in January 2020 (White) and the other August 2020 Portofino Gray). The white one has the rear door drain problem on both rear doors with the rear driver door being the worst and passenger rear door minimal. The gray one has zero drain problems even after hard driving rain. The only difference I can see is the drain holes in the rubber door gasket appear to be pinched thereby not allowing proper drainage on the doors that have the drain problem. It is almost like the drain holes are not in the right place on the doors that don't drain properly or the gasket was not installed properly.

·
Registered
120 Posts
UPDATE: We had torrents of rain yesterday, sometimes horizontal. I checked this morning and no water was retained in the rear door! Looks like the problem is fixed.
so replacing the chrome/rubber trim at the bottom of the window glass reduced the amount of water getting in? I’ve been looking at the strip on mine but it looks identical on both sides. I only have the problem on the rear driver door.

·
Registered
6 Posts
(y) Looks like the part 83210-L1000 seemed to do the trick. Instead of 2 cups of water pouring out after a heavy rain, now much less. Much improved(but not bone dry). That's two hits for Hyundai: #1 fix for wind noise issue and #2 for the water issue. Even more satisfied with the vehicle now.
Did that same part fix the wind noise or was it something different they did? I have had the wind noise issue as well.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Did that same part fix the wind noise or was it something different they did? I have had the wind noise issue as well.
No, just the water issue.

·
Registered
413 Posts
So my next question is you mentioned the wind issue being fixed. Do you know how they fixed that? Thanks for any help you can give.
I had two separate wind issues. If you search the forum, you will find the threads and the parts needed for the fix.

101 - 118 of 118 Posts