Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the 2020 Santa Fe SEL with the convenience package that includes the Infinity premium audio. Everything is great except the sound quality. I'm not a bass freak. I mostly listen to calm music. The highs hurt my ears and the bass is barely noticeable. Adjusting the settings barely helps. My portable battery-powered Harmon Kardon speaker has more bass and higher clarity than the car speakers. Anyone else has issues with these speakers?
It sounds atrocious worse than my mom's CRV without premium audio. It's so bad that it's the worst sound system I've used in a car. Any car. No exaggerations. Is it this terrible, or can my car be defective?
Anyone else have problems with the premium audio system?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It’s a terrible thing that you bought a new vehicle without testing the sound system during your test drives. Terrible! Take it back to the dealer immediately.
It could be that the sound system is defective. I'm having a hard time believing how terrible it is considering it's Infinity audio, which I had on my 2008 Kia and sounded great.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The car is not defective. I tried another Infinity audio Santa Fe on the lot. The speakers are just way too bright leading to listening fatigue. I am planning to upgrade the speaker system to something more balanced.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts