Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
1) SHOULD NOT DRIVE IT LIKE A NORMAL 6 SPEED OR MANUAL. Don't step and release or stab the gas like you normally would. - This is how a majority of us drive i guess.

5) Avoid switching mode while the car is moving to avoid putting stress on the electrical and the CVT. - Well, this makes sense.
Regarding #1, I had issues twice with the 6spd auto in my 2018 slipping badly if I quickly let off the gas and back on again. Happened in dense traffic when getting onto the interstate both times. Traffic took off hard, stabbed their brakes for a second, then took off again quickly. It's like the transmission would get caught off guard and be between gears, causing the engine RPM to jump up way high (4,000-5,000) with no acceleration. It'd only last a second before it picked the correct gear and regained composure, but it definitely isn't supposed to do that and it scared the crap out of me with traffic on my butt.
#5 sounds suspicious to me. If the people who engineered the car thought switching drive modes while in motion would damage the car, they would have programmed the drive mode select button to be nonfunctional while in motion. Similar to how you can't type in an address into google maps via android auto with the car in drive. I've switched modes while on the move and it's never caused any issues. So I'm calling bull on that one. Not to mention cars have had electronically controlled transmissions since the 80s that used to have usually 2 different drive modes, like Normal and Power that could be selected while driving.

21 - 21 of 21 Posts