Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to upgrade the front and rear door speakers in my 2019 Value edition elantra. My question is, in the upper part of the door there is a tweeter so I was wondering if the lower 6.5in speaker has any type of high range output or is it only built for mids? Im looking to upgrade them, but im not sure if I would have to buy component speakers and replace the tweeter in the upper part, or if I can just buy 2 way speakers and install them thus having two sets of high range outputs? Whats everyones take on this?

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm interested, too. I also have a Value Edition. Will upgrading just the speakers improve the sound? Short of adding amplifiers, I don't want to modify the multimedia unit as it's just fine.

·
Registered
684 Posts
There is another thread on here that goes into a great deal of detail on this subject, with specific recommendations on speakers, and detailed instructions.

·
Registered
384 Posts
https://www.hyundai-forums.com/threads/my-audio-adventure-come-along-with-me.636725/

Where do I begin? There are several threads on this site for upgrading speakers etc. on AD Elantra. I would start by reading the one above. It is long but has a lot of good info. You can search for Speakers, sub, etc. to find other threads. The originator of that thread started doing just what you guys are suggesting. Just upgrade the door speakers. I have a good summary in post 160 of that thread and links some of the other threads.

All of this has been asked before and beat to death. By reading the existing threads a lot of your questions will be answered.
Without getting into all of it, in short, just upgrading the speakers will not make a marked improvement. It will improve the separation and clarity, but you will lose bass, which you already do not have much of. I ended up keeping the stock head unit (HU), added 2-way door speakers myself (kept the stock tweeters), an under-seat sub, a power Pak amp, and an LOC. Post 194 in above thread is a summary of what I installed and the costs.

Read the threads to understand why I picked each of those components and what they did to improve the system.

If you want to spend the least and get the most bang for the buck, others have done, and I suggest keeping the stock speakers and go with the under-seat sub. Of course, it must be wired in to the HU and you must run power, but it would be the single thing that you can do to improve the stock system. Several people did just this and said it improved the system a lot. I wish I had read all of that before I got started and I might have been happy with just that.

If you review the threads and have any specific questions I will try to help.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I me case, I replaced stock speakers on the speakers (96330-F2100, 96340-F2100) from infinity sound system (Harman)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, thanks for the detailed responses. I'll have to do some reading through those threads and do a bit more research.

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts