Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some help here please. I have a 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe. When using the cruise control, going under underpasses on the interstate, it beeps thinking there is a potential collision and applies the brakes. Of course it is when you least expect it and I am concerned about being rear ended. It has even happened with overhead wires. Not all the time, but must be a certain height or orientation as it consistently does it at the same overpasses, not random. Car is empty except me driving (rear end not weighed down). Nothing happens if not using cruise control. I love the adaptive cruise control! a couple of times it has done it on a curve with a guard rail, but only twice in a couple of years and not consistent. Dealer tells me they have one other vehicle that is braking on guard rails, but nobody is having the overpass braking like I am. (smaller town of La Crosse, WI dealership so maybe not so many data points).

Dealer has 'checked out the system' and tells me nothing is wrong with it. I don't know what they did anymore than that statement. Not sure if there are adjustments or not. Dealer is trying to tell me this is normal and I shouldn't use the system if it concerns me. Effectively this will make me turn the collision system off at all times or not use cruise control.
There must be something wrong. There are going to look at it again next week, but I am hoping I can gather some info here that may help them solve this.

Any of you have a similar issue or thoughts on what to advise dealership to do to fix this?

Any help would be appreciated.
bruce

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
If they are unable to help you take it up the chain to Hyundai corporate. I am not certain who to contact, possibly customer service. The system clearly has a problem.

·
Registered
‘19 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T FWD (Machine Gray/Espresso Gray)
1,754 Posts
You are in the wrong forum. Yes, I know the forum name says 2019, but it should be named 2013-2018 Santa Fe Sport. I have no clue why this forum’s name is incorrect.

Here is the correct forum for your ‘19 Santa Fe 5-seater.

If you have a ‘19 7-seater, this is the forum you need.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts