Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the entire plastic shielding is gone. So apparently the front piece where you change the oil is $275 and the rest of the plastic sheeting is 3 hundred something dollars.

My local mechanic said that he would definitely if it was him get the smaller piece for 275 because the air flow enters the radiator and if that piece isn't there air can escape.

The bigger piece he said I wouldn't worry about it.

Curious to the communities opinion on what you would do.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
765 Posts
If it’s that crucial, which i dont think it is (and i may totally be wrong and misinformed), I think youd be able to DIY a cheaper cover on your own. Or ebay it or go to a junk yard or something if you really want to. I wouldnt shell $275 for that.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Not so sure,
but I believe certain models did not come with an engine splash guard at all.

Hopefully a more educated Hyundai enthusiast will explain further

Don't spend your $$$ yet!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not so sure,
but I believe certain models did not come with an engine splash guard at all.

Hopefully a more educated Hyundai enthusiast will explain further

Don't spend your $$$ yet!
I had it, but apparently the other night driving to work in the snow, it must have caught on something and tore off.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Available for the LF Sonata 2015-2019) on Ebay "new" for $ 175. ENGINE UNDER COVER REAR SPLASH SHIELD GENUINE! HYUNDAI SONATA 15-2017 29130C2000 | eBay

There are used ones from wrecking yards for $60-90

I replaced the front one that goes from bumper cover to under engine and transmission last year for $ 150 from "Greentree" a Korean Parts manufacturer that makes parts for Hyundai OEM, also got a OEM Sport Grille from them off Ebay. Both came in a Hyundai box withthe OEM part number.

I would replace it, your car was designed to have those panels not only for aerodynamics 9gas milage) but to help protect engine, transmission and inner cv joints from debris

·
Registered
2018 Sonata Limited 2.0T (11/09/17)
380 Posts
I would replace it, your car was designed to have those panels not only for aerodynamics (gas mileage) but to help protect engine, transmission and inner cv joints from debris
Agreed!
IMO, you need those draft panels; especially for heat extraction if you have the [inner-cooled] turbo motor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts