Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I have used my savings and bought a 2019 Sonata just couple days ago, as a major upgrade. It looks all fine and I really like it. However, while buying I didn't pay attention to the key fob. Unfortunately, both key fobs don't lock/unlock (doesn't open trunk or alarm). I checked at AutoZone and the key fobs emit signal it seems. I contacted the person from whom I bought the car and he told me that it was working fine before. But just days before selling the car, he replaced the car battery and he believes that it might have stopped working after that.
Do you have any suggestions? I can't find what might be wrong.

·
Registered
2015 Sonata Limited 2.4 GDI non turbo 40k miles
619 Posts
Of course, replacing the car battery has nothing to do with the fobs not working. See as above, replace the CR2032 battery in one of the fobs, make sure it sits correctly with the polarity. But again, something is fishy because the previous owner knew perfectly well the fobs are not working, I doubt he didn't try replacing the fob batteries. Unless it's such person that when the fob batteries go bad he is selling the car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think there has been a misunderstanding. He old me that he replaced the car battery just before he sold the car and didn't check the remote lock carefully as he was parking in his garage. It is of course possible that he may not be telling completely the truth. I contacted him and he told me that he will check with the dealer and get back to me. Fingers crossed.
Meanwhile, I am thinking if there might be something I am missing. I checked the fuse box and all seemed to be clear to me, but just eyes is not sufficient for fuses of course.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts