Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T AWD
854 Posts
April 11, 2021

Thanks to all who shared your experience in this thread.

My 2020 Santa Fe now has 35,000 miles. The OEM Hankook tires still have 50% tread, but are very noisy.

Because the tire-on-pavement noise increases gradually over time I really didn't notice how bad it had become until driving a rental SUV (Nissan Rogue) last week while vacationing. I could hear every word said by my wife and her sister in that car. In my Santa Fe, I have to ask my wife to repeat herself frequently when we're going over 50mph, or so.

Driving that rental car also made me realize that the patch put inside my right rear Santa Fe tire last Thanksgiving after a screw was removed, was the reason why I have this rhythm with with tire noise, when going under 30 mph on blacktop.

I'm not going to wait until the tread gets lower. This thread is sending me shopping for replacement tires just as soon as I post this reply. Once again, my thanks to all!

-Allen in Chicagoland
Certainly use the ratings on TireRack.com. I have OEM Continentals 19", and I'm very happy with them. Just took a 350 road trip, and the only cabin noise was wind noise; no tire noise at all down the highway.

·
Registered
'19 Santa Fe SE 2.4L
382 Posts
I just went from Tallahassee to Atlanta and back , this weekend, on every type of road you could think of. The only place I noticed "road noise" from the tires was in Thomasville GA,. They have red brick roads in the DownTown area and was horrible to drive on. Looked cool, but did not feel good. Otherwise was pleased with the driving conditions of the SUV. I used to work at a shop that did tires and "Hancooks" were the best sellers. Continentals were close second and just a little more expensive. Which probably makes Continentals the "better" tire of the two brands, but hey, I am a cheepskate after all.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts