Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2019 Santa Fe XL SE with an radio/infotainment system that runs Android Auto and Apple Car Play. I was under the impression that I could run the Hyundai Navigation Updater software to update my system.

When I ran the Navigation Updater, I selected Santa Fe 2019 7+ seats. I downloaded the updates to my hard drive and then had the Updated tool copy the files to my USB Flash drive (there is no removeable SD card in this vehicle).

I've tried some cheap flash drives and then a high speed Samung flash drives and the vehicle recognizes the .wav files on the device but not any updates. I've drive formatting the Flash drive with FAT32 and then ExFat when Fat32 wouldn't work.

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
No. The nav system is different and the software isn't compatible. The only update that I know of for the non-nav units is the Apple Car play update.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No. The nav system is different and the software isn't compatible. The only update that I know of for the non-nav units is the Apple Car play update.
Thank you. So there have never been updates for the head unit itself?

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited 2.0T AWD Stormy Sea
453 Posts
Thank you. So there have never been updates for the head unit itself?
Follow this link:

From what I can see by the list on the bottom of the page that the update is there for your vehicle. It looks pretty straight foreword to me.

and remember that you have to unzip the file to your hard drive and then the only thing that should be put on the drive is the "UNZIPPED" file.

and an update does exist because I'm downloading it now. continued in next post below.

·
Registered
453 Posts
So once the download is finished you need to unzip the file. When the unzipping is done you will see that a folder called "DAUDIO" is wherever you chose to unzip the downloaded file. Im pretty sure you could also unzip that file (DAUDIO) directly to the flash drive. All you need to do is put that file on a empty USB flash drive (if you didn't directly unzip the file to the flash drive). Then follow the directions on the page I linked to in my first post above. In the vehicle the update may or may not start automatically. If you follow the directions on the page linked in the above post it will tell and show you where to navigate on your headunit to start the update process. The car should be parked and running until the update is finished. There may be a couple restarts of the system during the update process so be sure it is totally done before you shut of the car or pull out the update drive.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Follow this link:

From what I can see by the list on the bottom of the page that the update is there for your vehicle. It looks pretty straight foreword to me.

and remember that you have to unzip the file to your hard drive and then the only thing that should be put on the drive is the "UNZIPPED" file.

and an update does exist because I'm downloading it now. continued in next post below.
Thank you very much. It worked like a charm. Apparently the key for me was to know that I had a Display Audio Gen1 system. This should be much easier when the next update is available.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Thank you very much. It worked like a charm. Apparently the key for me was to know that I had a Display Audio Gen1 system. This should be much easier when the next update is available.

Thanks again.
I'm glad I was able to help you. I don't know what the update changes or updates, but I can tell you that the "AUDIO" updates are probably rare since this was the first I was ever aware of. Have you had any issues that prompted you to update? Have you noticed any changes now that you've applied the update? My SF is my second Hyundai with nav and I have been doing the updates since early 2015. I helped a couple friends with other brands of vehicle and the Hyundai/Kia/Genesis updates actually go in very easy compared to others I've done.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm glad I was able to help you. I don't know what the update changes or updates, but I can tell you that the "AUDIO" updates are probably rare since this was the first I was ever aware of. Have you had any issues that prompted you to update? Have you noticed any changes now that you've applied the update? My SF is my second Hyundai with nav and I have been doing the updates since early 2015. I helped a couple friends with other brands of vehicle and the Hyundai/Kia/Genesis updates actually go in very easy compared to others I've done.
Bob, nothing specifically. I just like to keep things like drivers, firmware and software up to date. I saw the updates for the other cars and thought there may be some bugs fixes or feature updates from which we could benefit.

The only issue we had is we went through a couple of months where when we pressed on the 'talk' button on the steering wheel the Google Assistant was having issues at times responding in a timely matter. However, I think an Android Auto update fixed that issue.

I did notice after the upgrade that my Android Auto map seems to be showing more street names around my house than it had been.

As I watched the upgrade process I saw it updating SiriusXM, Modem, Bluetooth and some other items.

Thanks again for your help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts