Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2019 Santa Fe XL SE with an radio/infotainment system that runs Android Auto and Apple Car Play. I was under the impression that I could run the Hyundai Navigation Updater software to update my system.

When I ran the Navigation Updater, I selected Santa Fe 2019 7+ seats. I downloaded the updates to my hard drive and then had the Updated tool copy the files to my USB Flash drive (there is no removeable SD card in this vehicle).

I've tried some cheap flash drives and then a high speed Samung flash drives and the vehicle recognizes the .wav files on the device but not any updates. I've drive formatting the Flash drive with FAT32 and then ExFat when Fat32 wouldn't work.

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited 2.0T AWD Stormy Sea
453 Posts
Is there more than 1 USB port? Is there a hidden USB port under some cover only for the update? I don't know the layout of the US 7 seater. Did you follow these instructions EXACTLY? You could also do a full format on the flash drive (instead of the "Quick Format"). Also did you unzip the file before you put it on the flash drive? It looks like you have to unzip the file on your HD and then transfer the unzipped file to the flash drive.

Follow this very carefully.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Fe Calligraphy 2.5T
418 Posts
The update is done on a SD card that goes into a dedicated slot on the back of the monitor/display. You should buy a new 64GB card that you’ll copy the update to and it will stay in the slot. Do a search in this forum for instructions and tips.

You might try this thread. Map Help

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited 2.0T AWD Stormy Sea
453 Posts
The update is done on a SD card that goes into a dedicated slot on the back of the monitor/display. You should buy a new 64GB card that you’ll copy the update to and it will stay in the slot. Do a search in this forum for instructions and tips.
OP has the US 7 Seater without built in Nav so no SD card slot. The "Audio" update uses a USB flash drive that I'm pretty sure should be plugged into the same USB port one would use when connecting a phone to use AA or CarPlay.

·
Registered
‘19 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T; ‘22 Tucson Limited 2.5
2,264 Posts
I own a 2019 Santa Fe XL SE with an radio/infotainment system that runs Android Auto and Apple Car Play. I was under the impression that I could run the Hyundai Navigation Updater software to update my system.

When I ran the Navigation Updater, I selected Santa Fe 2019 7+ seats. I downloaded the updates to my hard drive and then had the Updated tool copy the files to my USB Flash drive (there is no removeable SD card in this vehicle).

I've tried some cheap flash drives and then a high speed Samung flash drives and the vehicle recognizes the .wav files on the device but not any updates. I've drive formatting the Flash drive with FAT32 and then ExFat when Fat32 wouldn't work.

You are in the wrong forum.

Click here to find the forum for your 7 seater ‘19 model.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OP has the US 7 Seater without built in Nav so no SD card slot. The "Audio" update uses a USB flash drive that I'm pretty sure should be plugged into the same USB port one would use when connecting a phone to use AA or CarPlay.
Correct. I only have one USB port that I use for Android Auto and that port works fine. When I put in the USB Flash drive, I can see the radio scanning the .wav files on the USB Flash drive, so it can read that drive. It's just not seeing what it needs to perform an update.

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T AWD
1,189 Posts

You might want to try the thread for the 3-row SF XL; this is thread is for the 2019+ 2-row Santa Fe (formerly Santa Fe Sport).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You might want to try the thread for the 3-row SF XL; this is thread is for the 2019+ 2-row Santa Fe (formerly Santa Fe Sport).
Thank you. See above... I just posted in the LWB 7 Seater models after I was directed to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts