Hyundai Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
SOME of the models, like mine, did not COME with the Navigation, and do not have the SD Card port.

My instruction books explicitly states that it must be updated with a USB flash drive.
for me there was a lot of confusion on that part as Hyundai's website wasn't all that clear. However, experienced members of this forum especially, Bob Karnowski walked me through the process.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Sadly, Bob's explanation doesn't work for my situation.
Until landing here on this forum, I was thinking incorrectly. What I learned is there are two options with the factory display: Navigation (built-in nav and audio) and Standard (audio). I didn't understand when others called it factory navigation. I have a Lexus that doesn't have built-in navigation but integrates with an iphone app called Scout which in turn enables navigation on the vehicle's display. Therefore, for me, factory navigation implied "from the factory" and non-factory implied physically ripping the factory display out and replacing it with an aftermarket one that supports navigation. When I saw there was a download for the map information and one for the display, naturally I thought I need to update the firmware on the physical display and separately download and install the map information. Other vehicles that I owned with built-in nav, I had to purchase the maps separate. Other firmware updates the dealer installed. Anyway, I'm a bit off topic from what you asked but hopefully this helps with others that may be thinking on the same "misguided" lines. If you don't have built-in navigation with your display (standard display), there is a separate firmware update that should be installed. My guess, as I have never performed the operation, is to download it onto a USB stick. Follow the direction from the Hyundai website based on posts prior to this one above.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts