Hyundai Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited
313 Posts
So looks like salt accelerates the process (which only makes sense)... but it can still happen even without any of that at elevated mileage, apparently. That's a bit of good news for some, I guess. Wonder if my 20" wheels could be affected or not; guess we'll find out in a few months or years.
Go read the other threads on this subject and you will see it is not due to environment or conditions

·
Registered
40 Posts
The wheels on my 2019 Limited Sport were replaced in March 2021 due to the peeling paint on the wheels. My dealer took one look and ordered all 4 no questions asked. The new wheels have held up so far with no issues.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Your the first I've heard that had to have their replacement wheels replaced. Thats not good. How long ago did you have the second set replaced ? Thinking those must have been from the bad orginal batch. Most from what I've heard thats had them replaced in the last two years haven't had any further issues. My guess is your third set should last but if they don't then yes I'd definitely ask for them to be refinished next time.
3rd set of 4 replaced this past Feb. Bought SF new in April 2019; 1st set replaced summer of 2020 and 2nd set replaced summer 2021. So they've lasted about a year each. I've never used any special cleaners, just soap and water. Living in south Louisiana we've never driven on salted roads. Just hoping this current set lasts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Exact same thing going on here, its in the shop this morning. They are saying that more than likely they will be resurfaced, however they are trying to push for replacement because it is really significant on all 4 wheels and I am towards the end of my warranty (48k miles, 2019 Limited Turbo). I am still on the phone with Hyundai itself pleading my case for replacement.

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T
182 Posts
Exact same thing going on here, its in the shop this morning. They are saying that more than likely they will be resurfaced, however they are trying to push for replacement because it is really significant on all 4 wheels and I am towards the end of my warranty (48k miles, 2019 Limited Turbo). I am still on the phone with Hyundai itself pleading my case for replacement.
Any decent tire shop can make them look brand new and they won't peel again.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts