Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
I would think there is a thermostat/thermister that cuts it out so it looks like back to the dealer. Very few cars have that technology here.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Agree with ^. I turned auto comfort off. I was hoping it would turn my heated seats on via remote start but doesn't. The heating steering wheel however will turn off after some time.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Does it do this if nobody is sitting in the seat? Maybe try starting the car, turning on the heated seat, and just letting it idle. Video record it so you can see exactly how long it takes to shut off.

If the heated seat stays on in this scenario, that could mean the issue is a wiring problem triggered by movement/vibration.

Oh, also, does the passenger seat have the same problem?

·
Registered
‘19 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T FWD (Machine Gray/Espresso Gray)
1,411 Posts
This problem is best diagnosed by your dealer. Something is defective with the circuitry. It’s obviously not a fuse problem. This problem often occurs on older vehicles due to “wear.” On a new car the problem is more likely a manufacturing defect.

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T AWD
341 Posts
You have a brand new car with the industry's best warranty. I certainly understand trying to get feedback to solve a simple problem yourself rather than have to bring it into the dealer, but reposting your OP because you don't have an answer isn't going to get you anywhere. It could be an electrical short; it could be a defective part--it's hard to trouble shoot issues on an internet forum. You tried to get some info, now it's time to call the dealer.

Good luck.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Can I ask why the thumbs down?

I get that these things can be easily diagnosed and fixed by the dealer, and I think every owner here is well aware of the warranty on their new car. But if we're going to make that the only acceptable solution here, there's not much point to this forum. Might as well just have a button that you click and it says "Go to the dealership".

Maybe the guy lives far from a dealership. Maybe his local service dept is booked 2 weeks out like mine. Maybe he just wants to know if there's a quick and easy fix. The tips I posted were simply a way to maybe sort out if it's a connection/vibration issue, or a thermal issue.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Can I ask why the thumbs down?

I get that these things can be easily diagnosed and fixed by the dealer, and I think every owner here is well aware of the warranty on their new car. But if we're going to make that the only acceptable solution here, there's not much point to this forum. Might as well just have a button that you click and it says "Go to the dealership".

Maybe the guy lives far from a dealership. Maybe his local service dept is booked 2 weeks out like mine. Maybe he just wants to know if there's a quick and easy fix. The tips I posted were simply a way to maybe sort out if it's a connection/vibration issue, or a thermal issue.
Sorry, but your diagnosis questions were simply useless in getting this problem repaired. Given that the vehicle is under warranty, who do you think is going to make the repairs? The heated seat either works, or it does not. The owner already said that it shuts off after 2 minutes. None of your “tips” (like taking a video) were going to help the owner change that. The seat obviously has an electrical connection problem. It could be a faulty switch, connection wiring, or the seat pad itself. The dealer will be more than happy to fix it at no cost to the owner.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The questions were intended to root out something simple like a poorly seated connector that would be exasperated by movement or road vibration, and could be fixed in minutes with a 99¢ pouch of conductive grease. I suggested the video so he wouldn't have to sit in the car for however long, staring at a tiny light, to see if it still shuts off after a few minutes.

Again, every owner here is well aware of the warranty on their recent $26K+ purchase. But there's zero harm in asking about things here anyways, to see if there's a faster or simpler solution than a service appointment. Nobody's forcing you to do anything yourself. If you want to take your car to the dealership because bluelink stopped working (instead of pushing the reset button), go for it.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
The questions were intended to root out something simple like a poorly seated connector that would be exasperated by movement or road vibration, and could be fixed in minutes with a 99¢ pouch of conductive grease. I suggested the video so he wouldn't have to sit in the car for however long, staring at a tiny light, to see if it still shuts off after a few minutes.

Again, every owner here is well aware of the warranty on their recent $26K+ purchase. But there's zero harm in asking about things here anyways, to see if there's a faster or simpler solution than a service appointment. Nobody's forcing you to do anything yourself. If you want to take your car to the dealership because bluelink stopped working (instead of pushing the reset button), go for it.
Who did you think was going to operate the video camera while the owner was inside roasting himself in front of the fireplace? He already said that it turns off after 2 minutes.

Even in Canada and Alaska a seat heater is not a life, or death, necessity. A dealer will fix the problem properly and at no charge, but you’re certainly welcome to send him a package of grease.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Who did you think was going to operate the video camera while the owner was inside roasting himself in front of the fireplace?
Man you're really focused on the video thing, which was just a possible step to get more information. All the other steps would still help figure out if it's a connection issue or a thermal issue.

And I'll gladly send the guy a packet of conductive grease. Even with postage, it would still be cheaper than the gas used to get the car to a service appointment.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts