Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Hyundai Sonata SE
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm installing an amp and subwoofer in my 2019 Sonata SE. My radio is just a touchscreen with no buttons, and the connectors on the back seem to be different than the ones I've dug up here. Did they change something in 2019? Can anyone help me figure out which ones are the speaker wires? Pics below (the good pic is from Metra Online -- I'd really like to buy both ends of the connector so I can make a harness instead of cutting up the factory harness -- let me know if such a thing exists please!)

IMG_20210128_215708.jpg

IMG_20210128_215724.jpg

·
Registered
2018 Sonata Limited 2.0T (Mfg:11/09/17)
425 Posts
I'll see if I can dig up wiring diagrams and plugs' pin-out for your infotainment system. If so, I'll PM it to you.

As far as purchasing an excellent repair manual specific to your model, check out this link:

Reactions: BrianGallimore

·
Registered
2019 Hyundai Sonata SE
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As far as purchasing an excellent repair manual specific to your model, check out this link:
[/URL]
thank you for the link, I just purchased one! The last time I bought a service manual was 15 years ago, and came in a big box with 5 huge books!

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I looked at that site and asked the supplier some specific questions about where he gets his manuals. He did not give me clear answers as to where or how - beyond downloading from Hyundai, which I could do. There are also some reviews on "TrustPilot" that give him a poor rating. I declined to oeder.

I'd be interested more info from those who downloaded.

·
Registered
2019 Hyundai Sonata SE
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I few comments on two different subjects in this thread:
1) I tapped into the tiny wire going to the radio head unit that supplied the power signal in the on and acc key positions to use as my amp turn-on signal. This was a big mistake! It made a few things start acting wonky. The outside temperature indicator just read ---F and flashed, and the A/C compressor wouldn't kick on, and my radar detector connected through my power outlet (cigarette lighter outlet) would turn on when I opened the door. (what the heck!) I figure the amps were drawing more current than that circuit would handle, or backfeeding voltage back to the wire. Anyway, I disconnected it and all is back to normal now.
2) I paid for the manual from the link posted above. It took a full day to get the pdf from them. It is almost 6000 pages! wow. Hard to navigate too, no clickable table of contents, just a huge pdf file. Some of the pages have what appears to be data missing (see attached pic). I've emailed to see if they can fix it.
Screenshot from 2021-01-30 17-49-38.png
3) I was not getting much output from my new subwoofer. I realized that I had lots of bass (as I would expect) if I moved the audio balance setting to the right or left, but in the center setting, almost no bass. That was a big clue! I reversed the polarity of one of the speaker level inputs into the subwoofer amp and now it is working as expected. (the left and right channels were canceling each other out, since the sub amp summs the two signals) I thought I needed one of the DSP interfaces to correct for bass roll-off, but now I don't think that is needed. I don't think the factory stereo limits bass at all going to the speakers like I thought they did. (good news!)

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
2) I paid for the manual from the link posted above. It took a full day to get the pdf from them. It is almost 6000 pages! wow. Hard to navigate too, no clickable table of contents, just a huge pdf file. Some of the pages have what appears to be data missing (see attached pic).
That's what I suspected when I investigated this guy. You can't use a manual with no table of contents.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts